Is Clarkson's time up?

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Clarkson coached well last year, and I obviously wasn't alone.

Pass mark with this team is a prelim. Blind Freddy could get us to a Prelim.

Anyone of the other coaches and plenty of others sitting on the sidelines would love to have our list

Just disputing that he coached poorly last year.

The team certainly played well last year, but I'm not sure how much of that success can be attributed directly to Clarkson.

A few of our players have improved since 2008, but a LOT have gone backwards.

There is definitely something very wrong with our team at the moment. I'm more concerned about our midfield than the game plan at the moment. Think back to the Geelong game, our midfield was utter rubbish in the final quarter when we needed them to stand up. West Coast in the 3rd quarter was the same thing. and today in the second half we got absolutely smashed in the middle. Our midfield isn't that bad, however we lack a real standout player. We need a Murphy/Hayes/Kerr type player who is always able to win his own ball. At the moment we have to many on lookers.

I agree with some posters though, our talented players are being poorly used and essentially wasted. The coaching staff need to assess what they have and utilise the strengths of the side, not try and mould players into roles.

Yes, lets sack the coach, 5 rounds in.

It makes perfect sense.

The President must act!

The sacking call isn't based on just this season but on everything since 08.

The team has seriously underachieved and this year looks no better.

The poll is asking when is enough enough

The sacking call isn't based on just this season but on everything since 08.

The team has seriously underachieved and this year looks no better.

The poll is asking when is enough enough

I'm in full agreeance!

5 rounds in, we should be 5 zip.....let's face it, it's not like we've played any of the top teams, or like we can recover from 2-3. Clarkson is to blame, no doubt about it. He kicks the ball, he runs the wings, he selects the teams. The season is shot, and you're right on the money.

I'm backing you in.

Let's get Clarkson out of there quicksmart!

I'm in full agreeance!

5 rounds in, we should be 5 zip.....let's face it, it's not like we've played any of the top teams, or like we can recover from 2-3. Clarkson is to blame, no doubt about it. He kicks the ball, he runs the wings, he selects the teams. The season is shot, and you're right on the money.

I'm backing you in.

Let's get Clarkson out of there quicksmart!

Once again your smart reply addresses just this season.

The angry mob is building.

Quick, bring me my pitchfork!

There are some very valid points being raised here Echols, that transgress multiple years.

Its déjà-vu all over again.

No doubt we'll come back, but people are tired of seeing the same things over and over again.

You rightly say Clarkson doesn't kick the ball etc. but he is responsible for implementing a gameplan that sees Buddy get a ball at half back, stream forward only to see no-one forward of the centre.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I voted stick with him. However if Leigh Matthews put his hand up i would gladly support the club in having him involved.
Not going to happen , he has said as much , so why bother posting a hypothetical thats not one ...??

I voted "until the bye".

I dont doubt he can turn it around, but if he hasn't by mid season, and we are looking at struggling to make top 4, or even top 8, then of course you look to see what's available.

For me a pass mark for Clarkson would be a GF birth, or nail biting loss in a prelim.

I am finding it hard that with one of the better lists in the comp, how shite we really are. Clarkson must take a lot of the blame IMO and some of his tactics really bother me.

Leaving Franklin, Roughhead and Rioli in the forward line would be a good start!

Top 4 has well and truely gone IMO and it's time the club looked at getting another coach or if not putting the one we have on notice as we are currently doing a great job of wasting the talent we have had on our list the past coulpe of seasons.

Gonna be interesting...we play Saints next, Melbourne, Freo and Richmond, North Melbourne and Port ( @ Aami)...all teams that can beat us if we keep playing this rabid form of footy....i had my money on primus, mcarty or needlt getting the boot first....2-3 now....pressure is on Clarko he'll start looking more and more the favourite soon...

Clarko is a great teacher but im not sure he is a good coach.....he has also created an environment were it's tougher to get out of the side than into it....some hard decisions need to be made now because we are almost out of time.....Thompson or Malthouse need to be sounded out now if the board is ruthless enough....a decision should be made on clarko over the next month

Dissapointing thread, but somewhat typical of what happens following a bad loss.

It's easy to blame the coach.

It's not a just a matter of its easy to blame the coach. You can't honestly say that Clarkson is getting the best out of this team? Or is he? Are we an 11th on the ladder. Forget about the fixture and the umpires. Just look at the team and what we have achieved thus far.

We are not playing 4 quarter football and we're not beating the contenders and we're letting games slip that we're ahead in.

If I was the opposition I would be saying. It doesn't matter how far Hawthorn get in front. We are going to reel them in and were going to win it..even if it is going to be close. I can imagine Longmire/Scott/ and other coaches saying this at half time. Now that's not a great standing point for the club.

Soemthing needs to change.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Clarkson's time up?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back