Religion Is Dec 25th a celebration of religious persecution? #changethedate

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Hawks, NY Rangers
Let's remember the true reason for today's holiday, before the corporate fatcats made it about spending money, and before the Roman empire subsumed it into their own religion, was to celebrate the winter solstice.

From wrapping and unwrapping presents, to the Xmas tree, or the seasonal themes, there is evidence of the true reason for the season all around us. Therefore also evidence of the persecution of other religions. Let's remember that.

The mid-winter festival sounds pretty cool and uniting, and this would be a good name for the holiday going forward. Plenty of good reasons to #changethedate

Huh? no it's a pagan holiday co opted by a religion but no actual persecution of pagans is directly celebrated; it isn't a celebration of witch burning for example.

And arguably the pagans have won as the meaning is now holiday + spend $ on gifts.

I was about to post something like "******* hell Lethality, you are such a flog", but I decided that since it's Christmas, I'd keep the festive cheer instead. So I won't.
He's one of the few posters that genuinely cares for all of society.

We should be venerating him.

Long live Lethality.

Not only that, but he is so amazing, he manages to be (according to him) right wing while posting far, far left wing ideological positions constantly. What a guy!
Thanks to his threads, I regularly call out sexism at work now. Even sexism toward women from women.

Srs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And why is their no boxing on Boxing Day?

It should be called NBA 5 games Day. Or Cricket Day, for the uncultured bogans.

No,, there's boxing. Re boxing of unwanted gifts or those toys that broke in < 5 mins back to the shop...

And why is their no boxing on Boxing Day?

It should be called NBA 5 games Day. Or Cricket Day, for the uncultured bogans.

At one time the gifts were done the day after Christmas, and instead of paper wrapping they used boxes. Thus boxing day was presents day. Christmas Day itself was all about hymns and prayers and church and stuff.

The 25th of December is actually the birthday of the Pagan Sun God Mithra.

http://en.antiquitatem.com/mithraisme-christianity-winter-solstice

NIHIL NOVUM SUB SOLE

Mithra, god of the sun, was born on December 25, day of the winter solstice
Published 26 December 2014 | 0 Comments
On the night of 24 to 25 December it is celebrated in the West the birth of Christ. But it was not always so and today it is not in the whole Christian world; until the fourth century it was celebrated on January 6 and it continues so in the east, among the Orthodox.

The winter solstice occurs on December 25th; It is the time when in the northern hemisphere the days are shorter and the nights are longest. But from this moment the day begins to grow and "dies natalis solis invicti"the birthday of the unconquered sun", is celebrated on this day .

This day is all about catching up with those relatives you couldn't be stuffed going to see throughout the year, it's about stuffing your face with every possible food available and getting crappie gifts for each other so retail stores can fill their pockets.
Yay for Christmas :rolleyes:

This day is all about catching up with those relatives you couldn't be stuffed going to see throughout the year, it's about stuffing your face with every possible food available and getting crappie gifts for each other so retail stores can fill their pockets.
Yay for Christmas :rolleyes:
That sort of attitude is why the rellies don't visit you :p

images

Remove this Banner Ad

Religion Is Dec 25th a celebration of religious persecution? #changethedate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back