is didak the numba 1 small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Didak's kicking ability is far better than any other small forward. Makes up for the less disposals he averages than Ablett and co. Been better than Ablett this year, probably just behind BJ and Chapman is far ahead. Didak's match winning abilities are greater than those small forwards aswell IMO.

I doubt very much you would find ANYBODY other than Pie supporters who think Didak is anywhere near GAJ, Chap and Johno.
Didak has had a great year, but as an unbiased Pie supporter said earlier, he would take GAJ in a heartbeat.

Coin_Toss said:
Do you watch Didak?

He moves up the ground, creates opportunities for others and leads the goal assists column. His defensive pressure is reasonable.
Reasonable doesn't get close to the work Davey does both ways.

Mancey said:
I'd say yes but its a close run thing with GAJ and Chapman.

Brad Johnson is probably better than them all, but its unfair to call him a small forward because he does so much more upfield.

Interestingly, ABC grandstand voted didak the best small forward in the league on saturday....

Ofcourse they did, collingwood have numbers like you wouldn't believe.

I hate rating small forwards. If they are any good they play in the midfield.

Though i read the other week that Tarrent was up there for goal assists (2nd). Be odd if Didak and Tarrent were one and two on the list.

kayne pettifer would have to be up there this year as one of the top small fowards plus he is cappable to play on the half backline

Didak IS the number 1 small forward in the AFL. He is unbeatable when it comes to deadly kicks. He plays on every chance he gets and majority of the time it is because he lands it on a leading forwards chest. The fact he leads the AFL in goals assist is enough to prove he is doing his job week in week out as the best small forward in the AFL this year. I wouldnt care less id people are going to start naming over players. There are countless names you can bring up but Alan Didak has been the best. Even the commentators say it.. When he gets it in the attacking part of the ground, he will DEFINITELY do something with it that will result in a team score 90% of the time.

PieLebo87 said:
Didak IS the number 1 small forward in the AFL. He is unbeatable when it comes to deadly kicks. He plays on every chance he gets and majority of the time it is because he lands it on a leading forwards chest. The fact he leads the AFL in goals assist is enough to prove he is doing his job week in week out as the best small forward in the AFL this year. I wouldnt care less id people are going to start naming over players. There are countless names you can bring up but Alan Didak has been the best. Even the commentators say it.. When he gets it in the attacking part of the ground, he will DEFINITELY do something with it that will result in a team score 90% of the time.

Negative. You show me a non Pie supporter who would even compare Didak to Gary Ablett Jnr and Johno.

Bad call!

Cassius_Clay said:
Didak's kicking ability is far better than any other small forward. Makes up for the less disposals he averages than Ablett and co. Been better than Ablett this year, probably just behind BJ and Chapman is far ahead. Didak's match winning abilities are greater than those small forwards aswell IMO.
I disagree, Chapman, Johnson and Ablett are all renown match winners, it is a testament to Didaks season that he's being compared to, and spoken about as one of the best small forwards.

Didaks been bloody good this year, but if i had a choice for any small forward (ie. not a kpp) this year i would pick Brad Johnson. If he played for collingwood or essendon he would be spoken about like he deserves, as a deadset champion of the game, he's not quite with Voss, Hird, Buckley, Ricciuto, but he is the next level down imo, and not by too far. I also would rather Chapman and Ablett, with Didak next and Davey 5th

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no he isnt, B Johnson, G Ablett, P Chapmen, A Davey, R Robertson> A Didak=K Pettifer.
Thats how it is and you all know it, even the collingwood fans amongst us know it. Even though didak and pettifer are both catching them

I would say no and no by quite alot
my order
1.Russel Robertson
2.Gary Ablett
3.Brad Johnson (better than all rest in other positions atm but is 3 as small forward.)
4.Paul Chapman
5.Aaron Davey

A quick comparison of the players mentioned, I wouldnt include Russell Robertson as a) hes more a small sized key position player and b) his year has been pretty ordinary due to injury Ive thought (should have been AA last year though)

Ave Disposals
1. Chapman 20.8
2. Br Johnson 20
3. Ablett 18.2
4. Didak 18.1
5. Davey 15.5
6. Robertson 11.4

Ave Goals
1. Br Johnson 3
2. Ablett 2.3
3. Robertson 1.9
4. Didak 1.8
5. Davey 1.7
6. Chapman 1.5

Ave Tackles
1. Chapman 5.9
2. Davey 4.9
3. Didak 3.6
4. Ablett 3.1
5. Robertson 2.5
6. Br Johnson 2.4

Ave Inside 50's
1. Didak 5.1
2. Chapman 3.8
3. Br Johnson 3.1
4. Davey 2.9
5. Ablett 2.8
6. Robertson 1.8

Brad Johnson is the obvious pick as he has been doing it for a few years now and has been good again this year

I'd rate Didak and Ablett neck and neck by virtue of the fact Didak has Ablett covered in the tackle count (no mean feat) and inside 50's (resulting in plenty of goal assists) to make up for a slightly smaller goal return per game

Chapman to me seems to be more midfielder/forward, by the simple fact he has gotten more ball yet is behind in goals and inside 50's

Davey a bit behind these boys

Nathan Brown would be top 2 if his leg wasn't moot

DG-Man said:
Negative. You show me a non Pie supporter who would even compare Didak to Gary Ablett Jnr and Johno.

Bad call!

I show you me.;)

I think didak is right up there. But only because it is unfair to lump johno as a small forward only.

I think his pressure is better than ablett, he keeps theball inside 50 with his workrate. Chapman is good but scores less, i wonder how his goal assists stack up to didak. I would imagine he'd be behind.

I'm gonna stick with didak, just

Lockyer24 said:
A quick comparison of the players mentioned, I wouldnt include Russell Robertson as a) hes more a small sized key position player and b) his year has been pretty ordinary due to injury Ive thought (should have been AA last year though)

Ave Disposals
1. Chapman 20.8
2. Br Johnson 20
3. Ablett 18.2
4. Didak 18.1
5. Davey 15.5
6. Robertson 11.4

Ave Goals
1. Br Johnson 3
2. Ablett 2.3
3. Robertson 1.9
4. Didak 1.8
5. Davey 1.7
6. Chapman 1.5

Ave Tackles
1. Chapman 5.9
2. Davey 4.9
3. Didak 3.6
4. Ablett 3.1
5. Robertson 2.5
6. Br Johnson 2.4

Ave Inside 50's
1. Didak 5.1
2. Chapman 3.8
3. Br Johnson 3.1
4. Davey 2.9
5. Ablett 2.8
6. Robertson 1.8

Brad Johnson is the obvious pick as he has been doing it for a few years now and has been good again this year

I'd rate Didak and Ablett neck and neck by virtue of the fact Didak has Ablett covered in the tackle count (no mean feat) and inside 50's (resulting in plenty of goal assists) to make up for a slightly smaller goal return per game

Chapman to me seems to be more midfielder/forward, by the simple fact he has gotten more ball yet is behind in goals and inside 50's

Davey a bit behind these boys

Nathan Brown would be top 2 if his leg wasn't moot

Great post... I rate Didak, on the fact that he has a bit of arrogance about him and that he backs himself. Was known to go missing regularly, but is also known to win matches off his own boot. This year there is some form of consistency about his game which is pleasing. Has heaps of talent - that has never been questioned, however his workrate has.... which is probably is due to match fitness.

Having said all that, he's far behind Brad Johnson - hes been pwning it for years... Didak has to deliver the goods for a few more years and step up even further to even come close

I cant believe we're 3 pages in on a thread started by a Collingwood supporter stating that one of our players was the best at something and so far there's been no troll like comments. Reasonable and well discussed comments from all that have replied even when they haven't agreed.
Also, the fact that the player in question is Didak makes it all the more unbelievable. Maybe the introduction of Bay 13 has worked.
Kudo's to all.:thumbsu:
FWIW, Didak has always had the talent and has now introduced consistency and a harder work ethic to his game. Not the best out there but is no longer shamed when named amongst them.
I have no doubt however that one day he will be referred to as the best small forward and rightfully so. That's of course if he hasn't become one of the best midfielders in the game.

didakleon said:
i tihnk didak has really become a standout player in the league this year. he is now our main goal assist player and also kiks goals himself. do u think he is the best small forward or is there any other palyers that might be better?

dont think so buddy, no one comes close to pettifer this yr!

didak
goals: 20
behinds: 8
marks : 69
kicks : 139
handballs: 54

pettifer
goals : 22
behinds : 12
marks : 104
kicks: 170
handballs: 37

i can see from the stats thus far how collingwood supporters may assume that didak is the best small fwd in the afl, simply because he has had more handballs than the "real" best small fwd in the afl thus far this yr! sometimes stats can be misleading , but not this time, pettifer is far ahead of didak in the form stakes! Pettifer is in definate all australian contention this year! not didak!

* petts has played one more game thus far due to the bye round! lets see if didak can get 30+ kicks and take 30+ marks v the swans!

didakleon said:
i would count brad johnson and robertson as bigger full forwards not small forward that crumb packs and get lots of insode 50's.
didak chapman , ablett, davey are top 4

If you are going to make statements like that, back it up with some facts.

The following information has come straight from clubs websites.

Chapman 179cm
Johnson 182cm
Didak 182cm
Robertson 184cm
Pettifer 184cm

As you can see Brad Johnson is the same height as Didak, hence if Didak is a SMALL forward, than Johnson is a SMALL forward.

Brad Johnson is by far the best SMALL forward of the year to date.

What makes Johnno so good, is that people don't think he is a small forward because of his great ability to take contested, overhead marks.

Secco said:
If you are going to make statements like that, back it up with some facts.

The following information has come straight from clubs websites.

Chapman 179cm
Johnson 182cm
Didak 182cm
Robertson 184cm
Pettifer 184cm

As you can see Brad Johnson is the same height as Didak, hence if Didak is a SMALL forward, than Johnson is a SMALL forward.

Brad Johnson is by far the best SMALL forward of the year to date.

What makes Johnno so good, is that people don't think he is a small forward because of his great ability to take contested, overhead marks.

exactly, johno is a superstar, and didak is not worthy of eating brads poo!

u cant reason with pie skunks

Remove this Banner Ad

is didak the numba 1 small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back