is didak the numba 1 small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Secco said:
Brad Johnson is by far the best SMALL forward of the year to date.

quote]

close to goal yes!
on the half forward flank, no one comes close to pettifer this yr!

brad johnson will be an AA forward pocket
pettifer AA half fwd flank

footy4eva said:
didak
goals: 20
behinds: 8
marks : 69
kicks : 139
handballs: 54

pettifer
goals : 22
behinds : 12
marks : 104
kicks: 170
handballs: 37

i can see from the stats thus far how collingwood supporters may assume that didak is the best small fwd in the afl, simply because he has had more handballs than the "real" best small fwd in the afl thus far this yr! sometimes stats can be misleading , but not this time, pettifer is far ahead of didak in the form stakes! Pettifer is in definate all australian contention this year! not didak!

* petts has played one more game thus far due to the bye round! lets see if didak can get 30+ kicks and take 30+ marks v the swans!
That's nice and all chief, but if you look at the compare, then the only thing Pettifer leads in is marks. Given your style of play, that's not a massive achievement.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerCom...erName3=&PlayerName4=&SelectedPlayers=66,154,

So Pettifer, who is admittedly having a great year, has a slightly higher rating per game than Daks. So why would anyone dare name Didak ahead of him? Well, this may help:

Direct goal assists. This should be in all stats, along with IMO goals scored against by direct opponent for key defenders. Didak is the #1 assists player in the comp.

The second reason is that it's not just barely 15 metre spot kicks to goal scorers, they are delivered at a distance by what is an elite left foot. Blokes like Didak and Hodge are rated higher than others, and deservedly so, due to their elite footskills.

Attaining 25 possessions in today's game isn't especially difficult, but why would you take Luke Hodge ahead of 99% of players who can get similar stats? Because of his elite kicking of course! High hurt factor relative to the rest of the comp. And so it is for Didak. And don't underestimate his hands either. His vision is top shelf.

Didak and Pettifer. **** me.

Both are rubbish. On moral grounds, I am not physically capable of saying anything else. Cheating, diving, whingeing, snivelling girly men.

Hatred.

footy4eva said:
exactly, johno is a superstar, and didak is not worthy of eating brads poo!

u cant reason with pie skunks

Getting a little stupid now boys.... Both are good players but Johno plays on ball sometimes where didak is more a true Fward pocket type. If i could have any of those players in my side i would chose Ablett 1, Johnson 2, Chapman 3, then Didak. Would love to see them all working in one fward line under a fevola or someone.

Would this be the best fward line in the league

Chapman Brown Pettifer

Ablett Fevola Didak

Its hard to fit them all in i would have johno on the ball swapping with chappy, and Davey coming of the pine.

NorthBhoy said:
Didak and Pettifer. **** me.

Both are rubbish. On moral grounds, I am not physically capable of saying anything else. Cheating, diving, whingeing, snivelling girly men.

Hatred.
Yeah, I'd hate Didak if I was an oppo supporter, especially one who has been on the receiving end of so many poundings!

FIGJAM said:
Yeah, I'd hate Didak if I was an oppo supporter, especially one who has been on the receiving end of so many poundings!
LOL, I must admit Didak isn't very likeable but he does have some ability. Has been good for my dreamteam also. 202nd at end rd.11. Need a big game from him V the Swans.
Q. Has he justified the position he was taken in the draft? I say yes.
Egg on faces for a few on here.

FIGJAM said:

Pfft. Tarrant belts us for fun, but I like him. Rocca the same.

Didak is a diving ****er.

Didak will upset opposition supporters forever for a few reasons and he will be a Collingwood favourite because he wins games of footy. It's pretty hard to go past Brad Johnson as the best small forward of this current player era though. ABSOLUTE STAR and able to play a few roles including top shelf midfield. Davey is one that is hard to match on a few fronts. With improved consistency he will be a front runner in these debates. Pre broken leg Nathan Brown was as good as anyone at the time. Chapman is a good player but to me seems about where he will end up. A good foot soldier. Ablett has plenty to offer as well.

grantyc77 said:
Getting a little stupid now boys.... Both are good players but Johno plays on ball sometimes where didak is more a true Fward pocket type. If i could have any of those players in my side i would chose Ablett 1, Johnson 2, Chapman 3, then Didak. Would love to see them all working in one fward line under a fevola or someone.

Would this be the best fward line in the league

Chapman Brown Pettifer

Ablett Fevola Didak

Its hard to fit them all in i would have johno on the ball swapping with chappy, and Davey coming of the pine.

Davey > Pettifer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to know why so many people underate Gary Ablett Jnr. he is by far the best small forward in the competition. No one has the smarts he does no player has the ability to win the contested ball as he does. And he has to be the best contested mark for his size.

SWISH15 said:
I would like to know why so many people underate Gary Ablett Jnr. he is by far the best small forward in the competition. No one has the smarts he does no player has the ability to win the contested ball as he does. And he has to be the best contested mark for his size.

I watch a lot of Geelong games as my wife barracks for them, and I agress that Gary Ablett is a fantastic player, but he rates 2nd to Brad Johnson.

They are both 182cm, but Johnno is a better overhead mark.

Lockyer24 said:
A quick comparison of the players mentioned, I wouldnt include Russell Robertson as a) hes more a small sized key position player and b) his year has been pretty ordinary due to injury Ive thought (should have been AA last year though)

Ave Disposals
1. Chapman 20.8
2. Br Johnson 20
3. Ablett 18.2
4. Didak 18.1
5. Davey 15.5
6. Robertson 11.4

Ave Goals
1. Br Johnson 3
2. Ablett 2.3
3. Robertson 1.9
4. Didak 1.8
5. Davey 1.7
6. Chapman 1.5

Ave Tackles
1. Chapman 5.9
2. Davey 4.9
3. Didak 3.6
4. Ablett 3.1
5. Robertson 2.5
6. Br Johnson 2.4

Ave Inside 50's
1. Didak 5.1
2. Chapman 3.8
3. Br Johnson 3.1
4. Davey 2.9
5. Ablett 2.8
6. Robertson 1.8
You can pull out all the stats you want, it's things like the smother Davey did against the Western Bulldogs in the game last year, that got us into the finals, which won't show up on the stat sheet.

That said, Brad Johnson is definately No 1.

Geddy Lee said:
You can pull out all the stats you want, it's things like the smother Davey did against the Western Bulldogs in the game last year, that got us into the finals, which won't show up on the stat sheet.
As opposed to Didak winning a final v Brisbane in 2003?

MarkT said:
As opposed to Didak winning a final v Brisbane in 2003?

Brad Johnson has kicked more goals than most of the other small forward. Does that get him over the line.

BTW, not a team in the comp that wouldn't want Johnson.

Robbo was the best last year but this year my order is
1.B.Johnson(champion Player)
2.P.Chapman(My fav for Geelong)
3.K.Pettifer(very exciting to watch love the way he plays)
4.G.Ablett(He will be the best)
5.A.Didak(He has been good but should have more shots at goal in my view cost the pies a few against Melbourne by being to unselfish)
6.Davey, 7.Robertson

Remove this Banner Ad

is didak the numba 1 small forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back