Is every others teams supporters hatred of Eddie McGuire justified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strange comment coming from a guy who barracks for a team who's led by the biggest egomaniac and arrogant guy around.

As for his time in Sydney, he had a lot of people white anting him and the way the Sydney press treated him was disgraceful. He was always doomed to fail because Ch.9 made him carry out all the tough decisions the Sydney bosses were too gutless to do.

At least he had a go.

As for Eddie Everywhere, if you didn't watch Ch.9 for about 7 hours a week, you would never have seen him.

I didn't say Jeff wasn't or that I liked him either. Ch 9 made him make tough decisions because he was the CEO, that was his job and what he was paid for.

He worked for PBL who owns half the media, and the other criticism he got was because he was no good, which is why he only lasted 1 year.

just an absolute w***er, fact that he's president of Collingwood is secondary. Collingwood would be a lot more liked if they didnt have the biggest douche president/coach combination in the league.

I actually don't mind him and like his spot on SEN on a Thursday morning.

One thing I do cringe at is the earnest way he sort of refers to Collingwood in the third person

eg: At Collingwood we do this, At Collingwood we don't do that etc etc.

Collingwood is just a football club - not the United Nations.

WTF:confused:

what do you want him to say? We do this or we do that?? It's called marketing mate. You put the name out there as much as you can. Richard Branson says the same thing, it's virgin this and virgin that. If you have airtime, you put your company/product name out there at every opportunity.

That's business 101 :rolleyes:

As for his time in Sydney, he had a lot of people white anting him and the way the Sydney press treated him was disgraceful. He was always doomed to fail because Ch.9 made him carry out all the tough decisions the Sydney bosses were too gutless to do.

Oh so Collingwood, that statement. Any failure is always somebody else's fault. The evil media, or the evil AFL. Or El Nino. Whatever. Its NEVER Collingwood who were wrong. Or anybody associated with Collingwood. And its NEVER EVER EVER the fault of the President.

CEO = Buck Stops Here.

There was a question on his show that I couldn't get why he was pushing the answer and the other person just didn't get it. I don't like that. He just pushes and pushes the money out. It's madness. But he's done some good for some people that I probably haven't heard of so it doesn't matter.

I left a message on his mobile hanging shit on him after a Pies loss and he actually rang back to abuse me. Hilarious, and it made me feel slightly more important.

lol, what's hilarious is how pathetic your actions were and how lowly you see yourself if him ringing you back made you feel more important. you need a self help course urgently.

Arrogant.

Unreasonable.

Childish.

Conflicted.

Need I go on ?

lol, someone got upset with something at the club. What was it diddums, did eddie knock you back for an autograph?

Where you one of the people who asked a stupid question at an AGM and got owned by Eddie and then all the members there laughed. I know that happen a few times so maybe you are one of them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol, what's hilarious is how pathetic your actions were and how lowly you see yourself if him ringing you back made you feel more important. you need a self help course urgently.

LOL, as bad as ringing Eddie abusing him for a loss is, Eddie actually ringing back just goes to show how childish and petty that man is.

I actually dont think Eddie is very bright. Obviously a canny businessman, but an absolute child socially

LOL, as bad as ringing Eddie abusing him for a loss is, Eddie actually ringing back just goes to show how childish and petty that man is.

I actually dont think Eddie is very bright. Obviously a canny businessman, but an absolute child socially

Au-contraire, i think it shows that he is down to earth. If someone abused you over the phone, would you call back and hang sh*t?

what a load of crap. If some tosser rang and abused me and i had their number I'd give them a serve back. Just coz he is well known doesn't diminish his right to respond to some absolute wank-stain acting like a d***head.

Oh so Collingwood, that statement. Any failure is always somebody else's fault. The evil media, or the evil AFL. Or El Nino. Whatever. Its NEVER Collingwood who were wrong. Or anybody associated with Collingwood. And its NEVER EVER EVER the fault of the President.

CEO = Buck Stops Here.

So are you happy for Elliot, Pratt and Collins to be held to account for the rampant cheating and rorting at Carlton?

He refuses to have the players wear ..an away jumper

He is el presidanto of the most hated club in history

He complains about the umpires and fixtures and now Collingwood have it very easy in those departments

He is biased when he commentates games

He complained re favours for the Lions when the Brisbane Lions beat them in the Grand Finals

When his players do wrong ie Didak , Cloke etc he doesnt put stiff penalties on them but does on lesser known / ability players

He wants other clubs to re locate but not his .All you Collingwood supporters say your club is the greatest and best and if thats the case you could relocate into NSW West and you wont have any problems attracting more supporters and $$$ etc .

"There comes a time in your life when you have to get rid of scaly mates, let me tell you."

Hippo (visual reference intended) -Crit!

Maguire is a loathsome, triple-chinned, oxygen thief whom I totally and utterly despise.

In saying that, you have to take your hat off to him for what he's managed to do with him Magpies, and his passion and commitment.

Okay, I'm off for a long, hot shower and a disinfecting after typing that last sentence. :)

Why don't you wear the prison bars?

Yeah, he's insignificant :rolleyes:

On one hand you are saying Eddie is all for football and on the other hand you are saying its good he stopped a 120 year old club where its signature and traditional jumper.

I still can't see how it has any bearing on any club that Port Adelaide wear the Prison Bar stripes??? except for when they play Collingwood in melbourne.

It is these petty little issues that make Eddie get on peoples nerves, its a non issue made an issue by Eddie. What is the drama having two Black and White sides in the league??

Even you collingwood supporters never thought it was an issue until Eddie told you to make it an issue.

Just like your mob this coming September eh?

See, fact is, you want people to hate him. You whinge that people hate him but when someone responds 'who cares' then a pure intellectual like yourself comes up with some pointless quip about my club not playing finals. Well done bright spark.

Fact is, he isnt anywhere near as important as he was say 5 years ago. Hes not on the Footy Show, he doesnt run Channel 9, hes not commentating games anymore....to be honest apart from the odd 5 second crowd pan during a Collingwood game and when he made a total arse of himself in the Didak/Shaw affair, Ive barely seen him on tv for about 2 years, compared to every 2nd day going back 5 years ago. Hes insignificant now. If people continue to dislike him...I dont know why.

"What will Didak be accused of next, the Kennedy shooting' ?

But the worst of all is EM selling out the Collingwood Football Club in agreeing to play for the Richard Pratt Cup against Carlton, this sums up EM to a tea.

Is it healthy that one man EM personifies the Collingwood Football Club ?

Collingwood members are party to this by not to date calling this man to account.

Gotten too big for his boots. Didn't mind him in the 90s, for the most part thought he was okay and still had some traces of humility about him despite some tv success.

But in the last 7 years or so he's become an unbearable egotistical knobhead of immeasurable proportions along with his constant peddling of the pies interest at the expense of the rest of competition.

I know it's his job to promote his club but more often than not he crosses the line of good taste. Newsflash to eddie: you and collingwood not that important, get over yourselves. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Is every others teams supporters hatred of Eddie McGuire justified?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back