FTA-TV Is Glenn Jakovich the most annoying commentator EVER?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Is Glen Jakovich the most annoying commentator EVER?

Just finished Eagles vs Crows.

Jako makes a fantastic point of marking the ball with hands out in front, but turns it into comedy with "Porplyza takes the ball with his arms.... strained out ... *mumbles incoherently*."

He harped on a Josh Kennedy free so much that Liam Pickering actually said "you need to drop it" and "you're not playing for the Eagles any more, Jako". lol

This could one of those moments for Jako, maybe he will become aware of how intrinsically bias he comes across.

The commentary team (Campbell, Pickering & Jakovich) for WCE vs Adelaide was basically the Eagles cheer squad, the calling was that biased.

Jakovich was in vintage form of course and when the ump called for a ball up after a kick out infringement, he disputed the call and came up with:

"umpires making stuff up now"

Pickering replied with "Ah Jako, you're not playing for the Eagles any more!"

Says a lot about the people behind the coverage that they continue to employ this clown. :rolleyes:

Possibly the worst commentary team assembled.

Pickering has an astounding conflict of interest, Campbell is the worst caller in the land - and seemed to be cheering for the Eagles - which he does quite a bit for an underdog - and Jako....... when he's not calling against your team, it's funny, but when he is........ ugh.

It was at the start of the 4th quarter I think and the ball was pumped into the Port HF but Freo marked it easily and I swear he said that. He quickly said something else almost to cover it. None of the other commentators said anything though.

I downloaded a copy and found the bit of play you were talking about, he actually said "This is where they've been breaking down". Dissapointed, I was looking forward to laughing at Jako.

"The switch is on" - is it Jacko - I did not notice him kick it to the fat side of the ground

I downloaded a copy and found the bit of play you were talking about, he actually said "This is where they've been breaking down". Dissapointed, I was looking forward to laughing at Jako.
Lol jesus I must of been on another planet that day. There was a few times it got marked and rebounded quickly and I do remember him saying the breaking down thing atleast once. But yeah oh well.

"The umpire just slipped and hit his head there. He might end up with a bit of a haircut".

[pause]

"... I mean headache".

He just asked a question of Colby on the boundary, only for Rohan Smith to remind him that Colby was in Melbourne and Smithy was the boundary rider this week. Understandable mistake, I mean it was only half way through the last quarter...
Haha beautiful additions guys!! :D :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"missed it"

you absolute peanut, jackovich. you have one infuriatingly unnecessary catch phrase and you ****ed it up. you think if you're going to tell us whether someone has kicked or not, even though we are ****ING WATCHING IT TOO, you'd get it right.

lol, he has done that a few times before. Normally he doesn't say anything after he gets it wrong but the best time was when there was complete silence from the commentators and after an awkward pause of about 5 seconds Jako goes "I thought he kicked it".

1/4man is pretty crap too. His reaction after the goal umpire mistake tonight shows how much of a douchebag he is.

1/4man is pretty crap too. His reaction after the goal umpire mistake tonight shows how much of a douchebag he is.

Not just the goal line thing tonight, but Quartermain, to me, steps out of his assigned role within the commentary team way too often. He's there as a play-by-play caller, not to give his opinion on certain things.

But giving his opinion is something he certainly enjoys doing. Probably a result of having such a FIGJAM personality.

Although I can understand him trying to do it on the Ten games though. There's a rather large special comments void to be filled, with the efforts of Walls resulting in "Coach X should put underperforming player Y in the ruck" and Blight generally yabbering on about inane trash.

Hudson always seems to get a lot of stick, but he's easily the best caller around these days IMO.

Now that Grybas has sadly passed on, anyway. Now he was a seriously, seriously awesome commentator.

We're in a bad way these days With commentator. Jb, bt play by play.spud browny for comments value, done. Smooth on the boundary.

I find jako fine to listen to......maybe its becouse us aussies with wog parents all talk the same...lol

Quartermain,wall's,blight,russel and that chick sh^t me. and dustall is pissing me off at the moment to.

Last quarter today:

"the other umpire paid the freekick because he had a better camera angle"

Also, last night on 6pr he said:

"Essendon will miss Fletcher, he has been one of the most in-form ruckman this season".

****ing lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV Is Glenn Jakovich the most annoying commentator EVER?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back