Opinion Is Jack Macrae Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the reason why he's overrated. He's never been a goalkicker throughout his career. His game time percentage is low because he's useless when resting up forward.

I've always had him in my Fantasy teams, but whenever Bevo moves him onto a wing or half forward, he doesn't touch the ball.

He's a player that the opposition coaches wouldn't consider tagging. I'd rate him in the 10-20 bracket of best mids in the comp.
You are very generous....

He's an absolute star at supercoach..That's whey he's so over rated.

Macrae is a bit like the rest of the Dogs midfield, not quick. Smith has some toe, but the rest although all great players lack a yard. Name one seriously quick player at the Dogs besides Johannison.
Bailey Dale, Vandermeer, Richards, Gardner, Treloar, McNeil, Butler (from those who played against the Tigers)

Bont, Naughton and Keath all have very high top speed too, just not the acceleration of the others.

Mitchell was 19th last year too.
No way is he top 40.

Last year was basically all midfielders.

I reckon MacRae is 40 to 50 in the comp. So far he's kicked one goal in four games. So I'm being kind. Blokes not playing include Greene, Martin, B King, Seedsman, Hipwood, Adams, Fyfe, Stringer, Hopper, Cunnington, Thomas, Merrett, Serong, Haynes, Salem, Aliir, Grimes, Papley, Sheed, Yeo.

That's 20 blokes not even playing who are similar standard to MacRae.
Sheed and Seedsman in the same tier as Macrae? Mate, are you okay?

Macrae is a bit like the rest of the Dogs midfield, not quick. Smith has some toe, but the rest although all great players lack a yard. Name one seriously quick player at the Dogs besides Johannison.
I haven't seen any opposition player able to get anywhere near Treloar when he puts the jets on

I haven't seen any opposition player able to get anywhere near Treloar when he puts the jets on
Treloar has that ability to arch the back, cut the angle and get away from players just long enough to not let them affect the kick. Sometimes he burns them off too and goes for a run. Not the fastest bloke but certainly got some toe and not somebody you'd want to give an inch to. Also think his top end speed is way better than his burst from the contest.

Yes I mentioned that I neglected to include Treloar. Maybe he not impacting games as much as he should as he is a very good player when in form.

We rotate too many players IMO. Treloar is best suited attending centre bounces bursting out. He doesn't get as much time on ball as he probably should.

Just stands at the half-back flank waiting the easy, uncontested chip pass from the kick in. Least damaging, high possession player in the league.
You need to watch the game live to see how he operates.
He does a hand ball to a shit option to get the run around one two.
So when he kicks it's too late and he's lost options.
It's just blatant stat padding.

Oliver and track get less numbers but always take the risk attack option.

It's so obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so obvious
You could've just said "he does an Ablett".

It's so obvious
Yep, reminds me of Cotchin before he decided to put the team above himself. Went from an umpires pet (and Brownlow Medallist) and Supercoach champion in a team with no purpose, to a genuine gun that got 10 less possessions per game when he decided to put his body on the line and play team football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Jack Macrae Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back