Opinion Is Jack Macrae Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good numbers in the VFL.
Yep but if hes so elite whats he doing in the VFL?
Also plenty of blokes get good numbers in the VFL every week.
Also - his problem has never been getting numbers. He knows how to get numbers. He loves a loopy handball to someone facing away from goal and stationary which always gets him a double stat "one-two". Hes a master of it. Been doing that for 15 years.

Yep but if hes so elite whats he doing in the VFL?
Also plenty of blokes get good numbers in the VFL every week.
Also - his problem has never been getting numbers. He knows how to get numbers. He loves a loopy handball to someone facing away from goal and stationary which always gets him a double stat "one-two". Hes a master of it. Been doing that for 15 years.
sam winchester yawn GIF

Yeah idk why Bevo doesn't play him. Goes and gets 47 in the vfl with 17 clearances, should be in next week.
Apparently, he only had 5 score involvements with that number of ball & clearances. didn't see the game but that was what I heard. so not sure if it's true.
He reminds me a lot of a Tom Mitchell.

He is not playing for a reason; midfield mix can be big part of it.
I don't think we have got our midfield mix right either at Tigerland.

Might not be room for him with Bont, Libba & Treloar are more dynamic players & probably want to give some younger players more minutes like Sanders. JJ seems to be back playing his normal standard role/again. I can definitely see what the Dogs are doing you can't roll the same midfield out if it's not getting job done, they didn't make finals last season when most thought they should have.

Last edited:
Very good player reduced to good/okay because none of the other good mids can play on the wing. Needs to be a clearance/attacking mid and that’s Bont and Libba’s role.

You know.....I never really rated Macrae...but not to the point in which he should be playing VFL or and starting as a SUB through out the season.

Well that's what happened thanks to the genius that is Bevo and now Macrae wants out.

He and Smith will probably end up at the Cats and If I was Caleb Daniel I'd be exploring my options too.

You know.....I never really rated Macrae...but not to the point in which he should be playing VFL or and starting as a SUB through out the season.

Well that's what happened thanks to the genius that is Bevo and now Macrae wants out.

He and Smith will probably end up at the Cats and If I was Caleb Daniel I'd be exploring my options too.

Everybody on the Geelong choo choo train!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He might end up at North

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Jack Macrae Overrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back