Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Neutrals fans would take Kennedy, Riewoldt is a bit more one dimensional and inconsistent
Kennedy is in better form and the teams structures are allowing him to score more heavily at the moment.

One thing Jack isn't is one dimensional. He is one of the smartest footballers going around. To be shaded by Josh is hardly a criticism.

Get your hand off it. Is he the greatest player of all time as well?

Nothing of the sort he is a key forward that bases his game on hard work.
His defensive work since 2012 has been outstanding.
He doesn't have many weaknesses to his game, probably only contest marking.
But with our side playing better, and more importantly using the footy better, he is getting results.
Also had a good preseason where the club worked on improving muscles around his knee, and touch
wood its improved his mobility again.

He's not the best key forward in the game and never will be. Buddy has that covered.
But he is currently getting rewarded for his hard work, even though his elbow is still worrying him.

When did I rag on him? I asked how many he has won because I'm genuinely curious. You're so defensive and argumentative.

19789999.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how Tex gets thrown into the equation. Needs to prove so much. Yeah he did have that one year where he kicked 63 or so and I know injuries have limited him. But because of that, it's all just that one season and possibilities, potential, hype and hope.

This year he has stayed fit and kicked 25 in 9 but still trails Kennedy by some way.

You compare that to Kennedy. 2012 he was injury riddled but his last three fit years in 2011, 2013 and last season he has kicked 59, 60 and 61 and has already bagged 37 this year and looks on course for 70-80 plus.

He is right up there. Franklin probably on top, then Kennedy for me in front of Roughead.

Kennedy, Franklin and Roughhead are undoubtedly the 3 best. For consistency over a period of time. Cameron to be the next in that group I'd think.

Pavlich, Riewoldts, Schulz, Tex, Cloke to name a handful are on the next level, age is getting the better of some.

Jack will overtake Kennedy. Wait till Kennedy plays on some decent defenders. Josh is a good player, he'd be top three for mine.
This is the 3rd year in a row Kennedy has kicked and averaged more goals a game than Riewoldt

J. Reiwoldt is a better contested mark than Kennedy. Some folks equate contested marking with being a "proper" key forward. Some folks live in the 1980's :rainbow:

Buddy is still a clear cut above the competition but Josh is having a great year - he's the form FF with the Coleman lead to show it.

Seemed to be on his own most of the day!:p
He was actually being double teamed for most of the day. Geelong had one and sometimes two spare defenders at bounce downs. The person I was at the footy with was going off about Simpson allowing it to happen, but at the end of the day, it didn't stop Kennedy or West Coast!

Buddy isn't a great contested mark though either. Reiwoldt's pack marking is far better than the other two that's for sure. Both the Reiwoldt's actually are probably the best conested marks in the hands. Cloke and Hawkins are awesome at moving someone out of the way for contested chest marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Josh Kennedy the best tall forward in the game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back