• Splinters/Too early

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Have faith in our learnings

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 35 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty comfortable in saying its our best win since the flag.
Depends how you judge it. Best Oppo for sure. Best we've defended since the flag, attack was still shit that was probably at its best against the swans

Depends how you judge it. Best Oppo for sure. Best we've defended since the flag, attack was still s**t that was probably at its best against the swans
Thats fair but 26 scoring shots against a side like Collingwood is nothing to sniff at. If we just evened it up to 13.13 that's 91 points which is a solid score.

Thats fair but 26 scoring shots against a side like Collingwood is nothing to sniff at. If we just evened it up to 13.13 that's 91 points which is a solid score.
True hard to think of it as a good attacking day when we struggled to goal. Alot was built on defence though not beautiful footy.

Freo over in Perth last year probably the best all round game we've played but the intensity today absolutely reminded me of 2021, hadn't seen that since the flag.
Yep. We had our big boy pants on today. Even though we constantly crapped ourselves in front of goal it was a million times more enjoyable than our other wins this year

I was happy at half time even when we were behind and only had 20 something points on the board. So much different to what I'd seen the previous 12 weeks. Had that steely resolve back where even when we got down early we managed to stop the bleeding and get the game back on our terms. Today it felt like we were a premiership threat throughout the game for the first time in ages.

Probably about right, 5 shots were definitely pretty straight forward, think a few hit the post as well. Get that part of the game right and we'll be okay.

I was happy at half time even when we were behind and only had 20 something points on the board. So much different to what I'd seen the previous 12 weeks. Had that steely resolve back where even when we got down early we managed to stop the bleeding and get the game on our terms. Today it felt like we were a premiership threat throughout the game for the first time in ages.
I was a bit nervous that we were only matching it with them but couldn't edge in front but we managed to get better and better as the game went. Worked into it and then maintained a finals like intensity. #trainingloads

Probably about right, 5 shots were definitely pretty straight forward, think a few hit the post as well. Get that part of the game right and we'll be okay.

Our expected score was 87 (not including rushed behinds) which suggests that we missed some shots we’d be expected to make in pretty much every game. A difference of 27 between our expected 86.9 and actual score of 60 (accounting for the rushed behinds) is as big as I’ve seen in a while. Should have been a 5 goal margin well before we fell asleep and gave up the last five scoring shots (which was also a major problem against Port, I worry that we’re prone to fourth quarter fades without Oliver as it happened v Geelong and Port last year too, and Freo this year)

Compare that to ANZAC Eve 2022 where we couldn’t kicked straight but our expected score wasn’t that much higher than our actual score because we were missing difficult shots. The ones we missed yesterday were mostly doozies.

If we play like we did yesterday in all of our big games for the rest of the season and we kick straight I won’t say another bad word about Goody regardless of results. Was one of our most perfect performances in the last three years.

I felt pretty relaxed after QT, you could tell from the second half of the first quarter that we had the game largely on our terms, looked as much like a 2021 ‘Melbourne style game’ (#DemonSpirit) as I can remember seeing in a long time.

Last edited:

Our expected score was 87 (not including rushed behinds) which suggests that we missed some shots we’d be expected to make in pretty much every game. A difference of 27 between our expected 86.9 and actual score of 60 (accounting for the rushed behinds) is as big as I’ve seen in a while. Should have been a 5 goal margin well before we fell asleep and gave up the last five scoring shots (which was also a major problem against Port, I worry that we’re prone to fourth quarter fades without Oliver as it happened v Geelong and Port last year too, and Freo this year)

Compare that to ANZAC Eve 2022 where we couldn’t kicked straight but our expected score wasn’t that much higher than our actual score because we were missing difficult shots. The ones we missed yesterday were mostly doozies.

If we play like we did yesterday in all of our big games for the rest of the season and we kick straight I won’t say another bad word about Goody regardless of results. Was one of our most perfect performances in the last three years.

I felt pretty relaxed after QT, you could tell from the second half of the first quarter that we had the game largely on our terms, looked as much like a 2021 ‘Melbourne style game’ (#DemonSpirit) as I can remember seeing in a long time.

The intensity was there from the start imo but skill errors killed us big time, Brayshaw handballing to Grundy's back was the icing on the cake. Once that was cleaned up yep we were well on top, we definitely looked less rushed after that initial 10 minutes. Was a bit frustrating but it worked but those misses my goodness they were gimmies. To me Fritsch has reverted to leaning left which is where he is missing. Not sure about the rest, was it the big crowd? I'd hope not but if so JVR seems to handle it the best, kid just has a great routine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Goal kicking ebbs and flows but if we defend like that every game we can beat anyone. Upside in that Gawn, Oliver, Trac, Lever and Langdon were meh to didn't play. First big game we've won in a long time where the bottom 10 of the team carried us

Incorrect.

Game was won off the back of Viney and Petracca’s work in the middle, supported by the class of May, Lever and Salem in defence. Gawn/Grundy was also very effective.

Some good efforts among the bottom 10 but your analysis is off yet again.

Incorrect.

Game was won off the back of Viney and Petracca’s work in the middle, supported by the class of May, Lever and Salem in defence. Gawn/Grundy was also very effective.

Some good efforts among the bottom 10 but your analysis is off yet again.
Don't try discussing footy with me when you don't understand it mate. Not interested 🚮

Don't try discussing footy with me when you don't understand it mate. Not interested 🚮

My knowledge and understanding of Australian rules football is far superior to yours. I’m sorry that this threatens your place in the Dees’ BigFooty pecking order but that’s just the way it is. Maybe read and learn instead of behaving like a petulant child.

My knowledge and understanding of Australian rules football is far superior to yours. I’m sorry that this threatens your place in the Dees’ BigFooty pecking order but that’s just the way it is. Maybe read and learn instead of behaving like a petulant child.
I'll make sure next time mum brings lunch down to the basement that I got to have a convo with someone so brilliant 👍

But my dad could beat your dad in a fight innit

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Our Flag Window Shut?

Back