• Splinters/Too early

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Have faith in our learnings

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 35 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think it’s shut. But few errors in trading in Grundy and Hunter, who both were unnecessary additions. As a result you’ll likely lose a promising young talent in Jordon, and have robbed yourself the ability to make a play at a Himmelberg, or McKay (should Carlton consider trading him) this year. Melbourne now needs a freshen up. Aging veterans like Hibberd, McDonald, Brown, and May, are looking weary and stagnant. All should consider retirement. The Grundy acquisition is genuinely baffling.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I don’t think it’s shut. But few errors in trading in Grundy and Hunter, who both were unnecessary additions. As a result you’ll likely lose a promising young talent in Jordon, and have robbed yourself the ability to make a play at a Himmelberg, or McKay (should Carlton consider trading him) this year. Melbourne now needs a freshen up. Aging veterans like Hibberd, McDonald, Brown, and May, are looking weary and stagnant. All should consider retirement. The Grundy acquisition is genuinely baffling.

Oh noes! Not James Jordon!

Some good points (Grundy trade/the need to freshen up the list) but Jordan is about the 22-30th best player on our list in an area we have heaps of, and Hunter has been solid. We also may have decent cap room if Brown/McDonald/Melksham retire.

Some good points (Grundy trade/the need to freshen up the list) but Jordan is about the 22-30th best player on our list in an area we have heaps of, and Hunter has been solid. We also may have decent cap room if Brown/McDonald/Melksham retire.

I don't think the Grundy one is a good point at all, if the team was up and firing he would look a hell of a lot better but the whole teams down. Hunter was a bargain. Before the year started we were arguably premiership favourites in a lot of places.

Bit hindsight to say go for kids when we had shit picks this year anyway. We took Jefferson. Pick 27 and whatever the hell we have for hunter weren't gonna get **** all.

I don't think the Grundy one is a good point at all, if the team was up and firing he would look a hell of a lot better but the whole teams down. Hunter was a bargain. Before the year started we were arguably premiership favourites in a lot of places.

Bit hindsight to say go for kids when we had s**t picks this year anyway. We took Jefferson. Pick 27 and whatever the hell we have for hunter weren't gonna get * all.

Na, I was against the Grundy trade from the start and my mind hasn't changed despite him actually playing ok.

Him and Gawn playing together fails to maximise their strengths. Plus the contact size is too costly and lengthy - I would've much preferred to spend that on a midfielder or KPF either last year or this year or even next year.

May I post in your forum?

From the Pies PoV your form is crap and you're still a top 4 side.

Port are in great form, so are we. Brisbane are near invincible at home.

Finish higher than Brisbane, find some form, it's yours to lose.

From the Pies PoV your form is crap and you're still a top 4 side.

Exactly. This is why we're so confused!

We'd need a lot to go right over the next 4 weeks, otherwise we'll just be making up numbers. Pies, Cats in Geelong, Giants, Saints, Lions, Crows ... if we don't win 4 of those we're in trouble. The losses to Essendon and Freo are really coming back to bite us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#1 for inside 50s
#12 scores per inside 50

We are wasting this team
Hasn't this always been an issue under Goodwin? Even in 2018 I remember stats like this.

#1 for inside 50s
#12 scores per inside 50

We are wasting this team

I think that's skewed somewhat by our high inside 50 game style.

Consider this comparison:

Dees - 1 goal per 3.97 inside 50s
Lions - 1 goal per 3.97 inside 50s
Pies - 1 goal per 4.07 inside 50s
Power - 1 goal per 4.16 inside 50s

I don't even know if it's coaching, but the list build and the type of midfielders we drafted.
Probably a bit of both. Alan Richardson was asked about it last week and said that sometimes we prefer to kick to a pack and let the crumbers go to work than try to hit up a perfect lead just to get intercepted.

Probably a bit of both. Alan Richardson was asked about it last week and said that sometimes we prefer to kick to a pack and let the crumbers go to work than try to hit up a perfect lead just to get intercepted.
Yeah I don't buy that, we often have a 3-3 and instead just kick high and long which can be intercepted anyway. It's just shit footy.

I think that's skewed somewhat by our high inside 50 game style.

Consider this comparison:

Dees - 1 goal per 3.97 inside 50s
Lions - 1 goal per 3.97 inside 50s
Pies - 1 goal per 4.07 inside 50s
Power - 1 goal per 4.16 inside 50s

That is bloody interesting.

I believe that. I think that is how far our defensive strategy goes. Lower the risk of a dangerous turnover by dumping to a contest and locking it in better field position. Don’t like it because it dumbs downs our ball users but I believe it.

My fear with this team is the way we are playing, all preseason we thought that they've realised you need to move the ball quickly and through the corridor to challenge, now it seems we've reverted to a slow game style. If we lose on Monday playing slow, I just don't think we have enough time to adjust this year to win it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Our Flag Window Shut?

Back