• Splinters/Too early

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Have faith in our learnings

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 35 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

McKay took Tomo to the cleaners. We dont really have anyone else to play on him though unless we move Petty back which would be unbelievably stupid.

Im really looking forward to that game, might even try and be #ATG. Atmosphere will be electric on Saturday night, packed house.
Will McKay be back by then?

I think it's interesting, when we played defensive we absolutely needed May last line. But with this new attacking style I think it's inevitable Curnow kicks 3-4 anyway because the fields so open. Bolton and Martin destroyed us and we just rolled with the punches and kept going

May at one point intercepted on the wing and hit a one step 50m kick inside 50 to a Dees player. Was awesome.

I got a feeling we will use Tommo first and have May and Lever attacking the footy first

Port with a few big outs this week, can see the Cats doing them and us moving past them on the ladder, just need to keep winning and hopefully we can grab 2nd at the end of the season.

Port with a few big outs this week, can see the Cats doing them and us moving past them on the ladder, just need to keep winning and hopefully we can grab 2nd at the end of the season.

Cats also missing Hawkins and Blicavs, evens out with Port's outs really.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The champion data guy Daniel Hoyne spoke about Tomo and May this week. I haven’t read back through this thread so sorry if mentioned. But Tomo is ranked up high in one on one this year. Maybe number one recently I think. So the move of Tomo playing lockdown and freeing May up early last week was something to keep an eye on. Be interesting to see if Tomo goes to Curnow.

The champion data guy Daniel Hoyne spoke about Tomo and May this week. I haven’t read back through this thread so sorry if mentioned. But Tomo is ranked up high in one on one this year. Maybe number one recently I think. So the move of Tomo playing lockdown and freeing May up early last week was something to keep an eye on. Be interesting to see if Tomo goes to Curnow.
And just like that Tomo is dropped.

Although I reckon it might just be a matchup thing v Norf

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

The Pies ground out a tight but huge win against the Power, and now they've been beaten pretty convincingly on their home deck two weeks in a row. They've picked up a couple of injuries. If the finals were next week, they'd be unhappy. They have time now, but there's a small parallel between this and how we finished up last season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like you guys are in prime position now to win it all now.

Get Oliver back and you seem to be fixing your only weakness, forward line.

We have a fight on our hands for that second position. We have no chance if we don't finish top 2.

This was a dumb thread when it was started and even looks dumber now

Cant believe having a discussion around it triggered you so hard.

Got to call stupidity out

I was always firmly in the negative on the threads topic question but found the discussion pretty good regardless. It's a shame because it would have been nice to have some melts to bump when we win it all this year.

Got to call stupidity out

After the GWS game it didnt look so stupid, last 3 weeks has definitely silenced the doubters with how we have played and been ruthless with personnel changes. Love to see it. If you saw that coming you should have let the rest of us know ahead of time.

You might be better suited to demonland if you can only handle pro dees talk 100% of the time.

Its a really enjoyable thread to read back over actually, I was being far too negative in hindsight but the always right gang member did nail a couple early on...

Its just so disappointing what we have been the past two weeks when the answer on how we should play and look as a lineup was there 2 weeks ago against Sydney once Brown was subbed out. Goody was given the correct answer and for some reason still went back to something that has been wrong for a year now. Truly baffling.

Nail on head. 1 ruck playing ruck. 2 KPFs. We have played our best footy all year when we've had that lineup. I get we wanted to use Grundy and Gawn and thats what was holding us back from going with the lineup that works best. Cant really blame Goody for giving it a proper go.

Petty is perfect to do the dirty and grunt work up the ground as a forward, I mean you'd still rotate JVR and Petty but the split would be more 70/30 with JVR spending 70% deep. TMac and Brown are useless in this role.

Nearly nailed it. Just swing it round the other way with Petty playing deep and JVR spending more time up the ground.

After the GWS game it didnt look so stupid, last 3 weeks has definitely silenced the doubters with how we have played and been ruthless with personnel changes. Love to see it. If you saw that coming you should have let the rest of us know ahead of time.

You might be better suited to demonland if you can only handle pro dees talk 100% of the time.
I'm consistently pessimistic, but that win against the Lions changed everything for me, reminded me of the win against Geelong in the final round of 21, reckon that's given a lot of supporters belief that can win the whole thing, Melkman baby!

Its a really enjoyable thread to read back over actually, I was being far too negative in hindsight but the always right gang member did nail a couple early on...

Nail on head. 1 ruck playing ruck. 2 KPFs. We have played our best footy all year when we've had that lineup. I get we wanted to use Grundy and Gawn and thats what was holding us back from going with the lineup that works best. Cant really blame Goody for giving it a proper go.

Nearly nailed it. Just swing it round the other way with Petty playing deep and JVR spending more time up the ground.
IMG_5375.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Our Flag Window Shut?

Back