Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Have faith in our learnings

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 35 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If it gets us the win it was a worthy sacrifice

4D chess by TK, sacrificing himself, willing to look like a goose for the team he loves. True supporter.

After the GWS game it didnt look so stupid, last 3 weeks has definitely silenced the doubters with how we have played and been ruthless with personnel changes. Love to see it. If you saw that coming you should have let the rest of us know ahead of time.

You might be better suited to demonland if you can only handle pro dees talk 100% of the time.
Nah it did. Tbf easy for me to say this in retrospect

GWS we played bloody well v possibly the leagues best defense in the wet. We just kicked inaccurately

We have played this year as if the club has had us eyeing finals all along. Peak at the right time

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Its a really enjoyable thread to read back over actually, I was being far too negative in hindsight but the always right gang member did nail a couple early on...

Nail on head. 1 ruck playing ruck. 2 KPFs. We have played our best footy all year when we've had that lineup. I get we wanted to use Grundy and Gawn and thats what was holding us back from going with the lineup that works best. Cant really blame Goody for giving it a proper go.

Nearly nailed it. Just swing it round the other way with Petty playing deep and JVR spending more time up the ground.
Chanelling your inner Nathan Buckley

Get it wrong, but still find a way to mKe yourself right

Chanelling your inner Nathan Buckley

Get it wrong, but still find a way to mKe yourself right

I was right about Petty, you were wrong. Sucks that he's injured. Was looking like a difference maker heading into finals. Hopefully not as bad as it seems with him finishing the game in a moon boot. 🤞

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not slightly worried by Carlton in the finals. Not in the slightest. With average umpiring we win that by 4 goals with not much stress.

We'll get Fritsch back. Losing Petty was bigger than Ben Hur. Don't worry Sparrow, I haven't forgotten that it was your lack of skills that led to it. Grundy will be dropped which will help us in the long term.

Why tf can 99% of Dees supporters see that Tomlinson back, allows May and Lever to be fully effective, but Goody can't? Nearly every supporter was saying Tommo back, Smith forward. It was going to be wet and slippery. But no, Goodwin selects Grundy! I fn knew he'd go down this path again because he didn't want to be embarrassed by trading for Grundy preseason and it not working.

His selections of Brown in the wet against Port and Grundy in the wet against Blues has cost us 2nd spot and a perfect chance at a flag. We lost both games by under a kick with both Brown and Grundy being liabilities in those tight games. Our coach is a numpty.

I'm not slightly worried by Carlton in the finals. Not in the slightest. With average umpiring we win that by 4 goals with not much stress.

We'll get Fritsch back. Losing Petty was bigger than Ben Hur. Don't worry Sparrow, I haven't forgotten that it was your lack of skills that led to it. Grundy will be dropped which will help us in the long term.

Strange comment. Carlton were missing Cerra, Walsh, Kennedy, McKay and Silvagni, off the top of my head.

Their pressure was intense all night and they should only get stronger as the season progresses.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Why tf can 99% of Dees supporters see that Tomlinson back, allows May and Lever to be fully effective, but Goody can't? Nearly every supporter was saying Tommo back, Smith forward. It was going to be wet and slippery. But no, Goodwin selects Grundy! I fn knew he'd go down this path again because he didn't want to be embarrassed by trading for Grundy preseason and it not working.

His selections of Brown in the wet against Port and Grundy in the wet against Blues has cost us 2nd spot and a perfect chance at a flag. We lost both games by under a kick with both Brown and Grundy being liabilities in those tight games. Our coach is a numpty.
No coincidence that the Grundy inclusion stifled Gawny's game pretty much since they last played.

Gawn has been playing All Australian footy as the sole ruckman and yet we reverted back to a system that hasn't been working.

Not only that, this whole Grundy experiment has been an absolute disgrace by the coaching staff.

They sent him to Casey to to work on his forward craft and yet was close to worst on ground in his last Casey game as a forward but somehow it was justified to bring him back in off that back of poor performance.

Feels like all that good work we've done in 5 works was completely taken apart purely from this weeks team selections.

I think people are being a bit too strong on Grundy last night. Yes, he didn't play well and it messed with our structure. But honestly, Carlton just played way better than us. They stifled us and for large parts didn't allow us to play our normal game.

Yeah I don't blame Grundy, I blame Goody and the selection committee. Of course it was gonna mess with the structure that had been really good for over a month.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sad Friends Tv GIF

I'm very hopeful that, in the wash, last night will be a bit like R19 vs the Dogs. Coming up against a side in ripping form, but not actually playing that badly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Our Flag Window Shut?

Back