• Splinters/Too early

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Have faith in our learnings

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 35 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a few things statistically which point to the fact that we're in contention, but I think it's clear that it's going to take a lot of luck to get there. For the most part, we've lacked the firepower up forward to convincingly beat any decent teams this year, but the flipside of that is that we've never really been blown out of the water either. In the 7 games we've lost, we've lost by an average of 10 points. In the 4 games we've lost to top-8 teams, we've lost by an average of 5.25 points The five games we've won against top-8 teams includes a 50-point drubbing against Sydney in round 3 when they were struggling, but the other 4 games were decided by an average of 10.75 points. In other words, excepting the Sydney game, our 8 matches against top-8 teams have had an average margin of 8 points either way.

To me, that suggests that we can expect to be competitive and in with a real chance of winning every final we play in (even if the eye-test suggests we're not playing exceptionally well), but our odds in each case might not be any better than a coin-flip. I'm not sure my heart will be able to take 3 close finals in a row, so here's hoping we can pull off a 2021-esque type of run of domination from somewhere.

Call me crazy, but I think we can win the whole thing. You can bookmark this if you'd like and it's putting my balls on the line, but I think we'll at least make the grand final.

Our system in general is in as good as place as its been since 2021. Our defence and contested game is back in top 3 in most categories and I get a much different feeling then I did this time last year.

Call me crazy, but I think we can win the whole thing. You can bookmark this if you'd like and it's putting my balls on the line, but I think we'll at least make the grand final.

Our system in general is in as good as place as its been since 2021. Our defence and contested game is back in top 3 in most categories and I get a much different feeling then I did this time last year.
Not crazy at all to say we can win it all with effectively two home finals and the second best percentage in the comp.

Nowhere near as ahead of the pack as we were in 2021 but we're as good a chance as any side right now.

The title question of the thread can probably be put to bed. We're in a great position now and should be in an even better spot next year if we can nail the off-season.

Last edited:

Since the year 2000, no one has won a premiership finishing 4th...

Just saying.

We win it: Captain Hindsight above says 'I knew it! I put my balls on the line!'
We don't win it: Captain Hindsight says 'I knew it! You can't win it from 4th'

Don't want to talk about it because I don't want to jinx it but I totally agree.

Much more confident when we're mowing teams down than last year when we'd be the ones who jump out to a lead then get run down ourselves.

We win it: Captain Hindsight above says 'I knew it! I put my balls on the line!'
We don't win it: Captain Hindsight says 'I knew it! You can't win it from 4th'
If we lose or don't make I'll put my hand up like usual and own it like I usually do.

You could learn a thing or two off me when you get them wrong and just be a man and own it which unfortunately you haven't with your #HammyMayWatch

Don't want to talk about it because I don't want to jinx it but I totally agree.

Much more confident when we're mowing teams down than last year when we'd be the ones who jump out to a lead then get run down ourselves.
I was in the camp that finishing 4th wouldn't win it, but on form I genuinely think we are the in form top 4 team going into finals.

The way we've played of recent and stats will say we're number in most categories for premiership teams of the last few years.

If we lose or don't make I'll put my hand up like usual and own it like I usually do.

You could learn a thing or two off me when you get them wrong and just be a man and own it which unfortunately you haven't with your #HammyMayWatch

Lol pissweak to keep pushing an agenda that isn't factual, but that's about your level of manhood, you have to make stuff up on the internet.

Can't wait for you to come out after our season is finished an tell everyone you knew that's what would happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is Our Flag Window Shut?

Back