Is Puopolo underrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Puopolo is a solid footballer who wins his own ball, can razzle and dazzle with great high marks, running goals, does a lot of hard tough stuff for his teammates. This topic is more for the likes of Brad Hill imo.

He's a rated about right I think. He's not a star and wouldn't be one in any team but he is a "role" player who performs his role very, very well. Put's in the hard work and tackling stuff but can also provide lift with an goal or a great assist. He needs to be marked very closely because of those qualities he brings.

He's a good footballer, simply put.

Ive never rated him that high honestly was always my last picked in best 22 threads and always gunning for a youngster to replace him.

Played at a level I never thought he could tonight.

Puopolo is underrated.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Ive never rated him that high honestly was always my last picked in best 22 threads and always gunning for a youngster to replace him.

Played at a level I never thought he could tonight.

Puopolo is underrated.

Underrated based off one great performance? Nah. He's a good, quality forward. Would love to have him in my team.

5 goals against an in form team, when the pressure was on he was front and center.
23 disposals, 17 contested, plenty of goal assists and involvements on top of that 5 as well.

Underrated based off one great performance? Nah. He's a good, quality forward. Would love to have him in my team.
U srs? I'm saying I've underrated him.

Maybe I misunderstood but you ended with 'Puopolo is underrated'. Anyway, it's not worth getting worked up so over so each to their own.
I thought we were in agreement, Puopolo played a great game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just have a small question for anyone that does not barrack for hawthorn. What is your opinion on paul puopolo?

Many people i have met say puopolo does no where near enough as he should do on the field. Much like rioli (apparently). Some have even said he isn't in the best 22 at hawthorn. The idea of this question came to me when i watched a highlights reel for his 2015 season and it was outstanding. So feel free to discuss

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2015-11-02/season-review-paul-puopolo
Loved him when he played for Norwood but the love faded with every goal he kicked tonight!

I wonder where he will rate in terms of the best mature age pickups in the past 10 years or so. Surely Barlow would be #1? Don't think the Poo will be too far back. Maybe with JPod somewhere in the top 5.

I wonder where he will rate in terms of the best mature age pickups in the past 10 years or so. Surely Barlow would be #1? Don't think the Poo will be too far back. Maybe with JPod somewhere in the top 5.
Isaac Smith.

He's a quality small forward and plays his role very well as he always does the team things.
Other supporters, commentators and coaches have all recognized this over the last few years so I think he's rated appropriately.

I think he is able to be so effective because he plays like he just wants it more than his opponent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Puopolo underrated?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back