Is the Malthouse saga over the top?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
Is anyone else getting sick of it? I mean really there is much more stuff. I mean I'll probably get abused by Collingwood fans for this but surely you guys would want to just chat footy as well. It's really pointless and this could have easily been avoided by Mick not going on the Footy show all those weeks ago.

It's an example of the media making the story, rather than reporting it. It has turned me off what a great season we are having.

The reason why the media are making such an issue of it is that they are trying to wish & hope that it will derail our year.

is anyone else getting sick of it? I mean really there is much more stuff. I mean i'll probably get abused by collingwood fans for this but surely you guys would want to just chat footy as well. It's really pointless and this could have easily been avoided by mick not going on the footy show all those weeks ago.

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's an example of the media making the story, rather than reporting it. It has turned me off what a great season we are having.

The reason why the media are making such an issue of it is that they are trying to wish & hope that it will derail our year.

So its just a run of the mill thing that happens all the time is it?

So its just a run of the mill thing that happens all the time is it?

It's not a run of the mil issue but the media are absolutely flogging it. They led the front page of the Herald Sun with a "hunch" by Mick Sheehan. Journalism is at an alltime low.

Biggest club in Australia, reigning premier, unprecedented deal.. it's got all the ingredient of a big story.. we'll certainly go down as the only club to sack a coach for winning back to back flags :p

Please don't start playing the vicim here FFS. The reason the media is making so much of it is because the H/S sells a 5#it load more papers any time they have a f***ing collingwood story. At this time of year that ususally means most days, front and back page.

OP: the answer is YES.

Biggest club in Australia, reigning premier, unprecedented deal.. it's got all the ingredient of a big story.. we'll certainly go down as the only club to sack a coach for winning back to back flags :p

It is really getting tiresome... How can it be a sacking when Malthouse himself agreed to the contract (well over a year ago). If he didn't like it he should not have put pen to paper.

Is anyone else getting sick of it? I mean really there is much more stuff. I mean I'll probably get abused by Collingwood fans for this but surely you guys would want to just chat footy as well. It's really pointless and this could have easily been avoided by Mick not going on the Footy show all those weeks ago.

Im sick of it, the deal was signed off on two years ago, it should not be that big a news story imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sells papers and makes $$ for the Herald Scum and Collingwood fans are sick to death of it.

It's pretty stupid though because I bet the playing group couldn't give a toss about the media and there daily crap.

If you look at Malthouse at WC, he would use the media to try and create a "Us V them" mentality in the early 90's. It was good for players not getting too ahead of themselves & would ensure they always were the "hunter".

The media may think it is destabilising the club but it might be doing the opposite the way Mick uses the media.

It's pretty stupid though because I bet the playing group couldn't give a toss about the media and there daily crap.

Totally agree with this.

Mark Robinson, Mike Sheehan and the rest of them are only taken seriously by simpletons. All these tossers have ruined what used to be a very good paper. I used to buy the paper every day once upon a time, but would be lucky to buy it more than a dozen times this year. There is so much footy info on the net, without bias, hatred or agendas.

I'm really surprised the Malthouse thing still has legs. Nothing has changed recently, and isn't likely to until October at the earliest (if anything even does change, which at this stage I doubt), so what angle hasn't been covered? Surely with no new developments, people (media, fans, everyone) are just sick of hearing about it and discussing it by now.

I don't think he'll be there next year. But nothing will happen until after the season in any event, so it is currently a nothing story.

I seriously think Mick's just pissed off that he's not coaching Collingwood FC next year, so he's just taken it upon himself to be a **** and piss as many people off as he can

Remove this Banner Ad

Is the Malthouse saga over the top?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back