Opinion Is the Showdown the Biggest Rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Port Adelaide Power play in the AFL now, the Magpies still play in the SANFL, and no-one is stopping them from wearing those colours.

The Port Adelaide Football Club play in the AFL.

If they choose to wear black and white in the AFL, it's no one else's business.

As much as it pains me to say it I'm with Collingwood and Eddie on the prison bars. Port Adelaide joined the AFL knowing full well there was already a team called the magpies that used the black and white colour scheme. The price they had to pay to join the league was to give up the magpies name and jumper, they can't turn around now and say "we'll only wear it in showdowns" (which by they way doesn't make any sense "traditionally" as the crows didn't even exist in the comp they wore it in). What's next "we'll only wear the prison bars when we're not playing Collingwood".

Agree with the Magpies part, but the colours of Black and white was no issue. We have 3 Blue and White teams in the league. As for the Prison bars jumper I think as long as it's not against Collingwood it is a non issue.

Except Collingwoods colours are a registered trademark, same as the Port Adelaide Magpies have a registered trademark on their colours in the SANFL.
So it is someones else's business.

So Blue and White are not a registered trademark? Black and White belong to no football club in the country which is why there is Hundreds of clubs who wear Black and white. Their jumper design may possibly be trademarked??? But again hundreds of clubs use the same design.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Blue and White are not a registered trademark? Black and White belong to no football club in the country which is why there is Hundreds of clubs who wear Black and white. Their jumper design may possibly be trademarked??? But again hundreds of clubs use the same design.
Yes you are right, the colours aren't registered, but the design is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Is the Showdown the Biggest Rivalry?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back