News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Surprised to see so little talk of Tex single-handedly getting him over the line. Nothing to do with us upping our deal, all the mighty Texan. Have to find something else to pin on him now.

Good get though, hopefully we can get his body right.

That was probably the lure. Burgess was the key to getting him over the line.

I've been here since 2004. I agree that you squeal like a pig when comments aren't to your liking.

I also agree that this board has turned to utter shyte.

(edited) Actually it was 2001. Under the name Cove Cobra. So yeah right, I've seen it all on here. I was perma banned after having an argument with Murray (Collingwood supporter) in the Lingo Club.

Anybody remember the Lingo Club board??
I remember your name!

What do you like about his game?

Looks like the prototype half back flanker in the modern game for me. Good size, athletic, tough, good ball user. Has some penetration on his kick and enough leg speed & dare to break lines. Solid overhead.

Reckon him and Hinge will form a really strong combo.

Stoked to get Cumming. He was my number one (realistic) target this offseason, as I think our combo of attacking half back flankers and wingmen are among the worst in the league. Big list need. Genuine speed and a lethal kick. Can actually lay a tackle too unlike a lot of outside leaving players. Seasoned finals player from a really good club. Costs nothing in trade capital. Great get.

The fact that our only competition for him was Port makes it a touch sweeter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stoked to get Cumming. He was my number one (realistic) target this offseason, as I think our combo of attacking half back flankers and wingmen are among the worst in the league. Big list need. Genuine speed and a lethal kick. Can actually lay a tackle too unlike a lot of outside leaving players. Seasoned finals player from a really good club. Costs nothing in trade capital. Great get.

The fact that our only competition for him was Port makes it a touch sweeter.
I like his traits (haven't watched a great deal of him).

I think our biggest list need (outside of an elite mid) is a genuine small forward with goal sense and pressure. Next would be a decent ruck. Hopefully we address this through the draft.

I think our biggest list need (outside of an elite mid) is a genuine small forward with goal sense and pressure. Next would be a decent ruck. Hopefully we address this through the draft.
If my math is correct we have one list spot left (unless we offload some contracted expendables) so whether that is Peatling or a ruckman or a small forward we hopefully spend it wisely.

Agree with those list needs, and i think it’s pretty obvious that our first pick in the draft should be a mid, and our second pick (wherever that ends up falling) should either be a small forward or a ruck. The volume of small forwards in the top 50 or so of this particular draft suggests to me that this is the way to go, unless we can get our hands on a pick that nets us Dodson.

Unfortunately we probably aren’t in a position to address ALL of our list needs this offseason, largely because most of the rucks available around the league are trash (it was a shame Moyle decided to re-sign with Gold Coast - we were balls deep into him), and we don’t appear to have enough list spots available to take BOTH a ruck and a small forward in the draft.

Honestly I’d be paying out someone to clear the extra spot. Schoenberg or Burgess (assuming Burgess actually still has a contract). Neither have any business being anywhere near an AFL team. Even if paying one of those guys out ultimately only means we can draft a ruckman after pick 55, I’d take a late flyer ruck over Chris Burgess or Harry Schoenberg in 2025 and beyond thanks! Both of those guys are absolute LOCKS to be cut at the end of 2025 anyway.

Great result for the club.

Cumming is the perfect addition. The fact he costs us no assets (players or draft picks) is a massive bonus.

Not concerned about him being "injury prone" especially since he played so many games in 2021,2022,2023 and was able to return at the end of the season and play the last two games for the Giants. He goes into the preseason with Burgess healthy. I would argue that him missing time this year was a massive advantage to the club - as had he played all 25 games for GWS he would be asking for a lot more money.

26 - 80+ games - he will slot immediately into a HBF alongside Hinge. Should allow us to push Nankervis further up the ground.

Sign me up for the starting below backline:

Max Keane Worrell
Hinge Murray Cumming.

Great result for the club.

Cumming is the perfect addition. The fact he costs us no assets (players or draft picks) is a massive bonus.

Not concerned about him being "injury prone" especially since he played so many games in 2021,2022,2023 and was able to return at the end of the season and play the last two games for the Giants. He goes into the preseason with Burgess healthy. I would argue that him missing time this year was a massive advantage to the club - as had he played all 25 games for GWS he would be asking for a lot more money.

26 - 80+ games - he will slot immediately into a HBF alongside Hinge. Should allow us to push Nankervis further up the ground.

Sign me up for the starting below backline:

Max Keane Worrell
Hinge Murray Cumming.
Agree. Interesting when you look at this defence how Laird is going to fit into our team going forward given we’ve moved him from middle.

We really should have looked to trade him if he was open to it. There would be some takers for sure.

He has all the tools - and importantly tools we need, speed and precise kicking - I feel what's held him back are injuries and the fact the Giants have always had a ton of his type of player. Even so, when fit, he's a best 22 player at one of the most talent laden teams in the comp. The hope is he does a Hinge and improves even further in a new environment. Think his floor is similar to Perryman but his ceiling is higher.

I live in hope that we might still
If we, the 15th team don’t want him, why would someone else? It’s been sad to see him drop in form so sharply this year, and there just isn’t the spot for him now we have that group of defenders.

If we, the 15th team don’t want him, why would someone else?

Well isnt that silly logic. Right up there with the claim Luko isn't worth pursuing because a premiership coach didnt want him at the suns.

Historically - plenty of players have use / value for other teams.

Remember when we were the 14th team and couldn't find a place for Billy Frampton? He went on to play 23 games (and all finals) for the team that won the flag.

IMO - Laird still has plenty of value. Our genius coach needs to not put him in the midfield.

Agree. Interesting when you look at this defence how Laird is going to fit into our team going forward given we’ve moved him from middle.

We really should have looked to trade him if he was open to it. There would be some takers for sure.
Laird is an issue imo. He is on big coin and the only clubs needing him would have to be right up the pointy end
and most of those have his type. Or a club of kids needing an inside mentor and that sure ain’t Lairds go.
Collingwood have turned Sidebottom into a top grade tagger, I thought that might be the go until Bond ( who I like ) was
kept on.

Well isnt that silly logic. Right up there with the claim Luko isn't worth pursuing because a premiership coach didnt want him at the suns.

Historically - plenty of players have use / value for other teams.

Remember when we were the 14th team and couldn't find a place for Billy Frampton? He went on to play 23 games (and all finals) for the team that won the flag.

IMO - Laird still has plenty of value. Our genius coach needs to not put him in the midfield.
I didn’t think he even looked good when sent to the backline at the end of last season

Has lost too many steps

Remove this Banner Ad

News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back