News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Cumming is a player Nicks hadnt spoken to yet. Just kidding.

Happy he has chosen to come. I am refusing to get excited though. The kid is heavily injury prone so im praying he isnt our next tampon. (in 1 week out for 3)

Will be excited when his inclusion reflects on an upward trajectory. Wonder if Nicks will demand he plays full back in the Sanfl for a few weeks to work on his deep defense.
Is he injury prone. Before this year he played 20, 21 and 24 games.

Well isnt that silly logic. Right up there with the claim Luko isn't worth pursuing because a premiership coach didnt want him at the suns.

Historically - plenty of players have use / value for other teams.

Remember when we were the 14th team and couldn't find a place for Billy Frampton? He went on to play 23 games (and all finals) for the team that won the flag.

IMO - Laird still has plenty of value. Our genius coach needs to not put him in the midfield.
his kicking is woeful and he's lost pace very quickly. sadly...

he can tackle. if he could get 10 x I50 tackles a week that would be useful but hes not dislodging a forward is he.

I didn’t think he even looked good when sent to the backline at the end of last season

Has lost too many steps
The end is coming rapidly. One of the key signs of career end is when HTBs become the order of the day.
This happened, for example, to Tyson Edwards and Kane Cornes, and is now glaringly obvious for Laird.

Why? We don’t think he’s good enough for us, what makes you think he’s good enough for someone else? I’ve never understood this logic. We do it a lot.., “oh he’s shit, we should trade him”.

What's the Carl Barron bit? 'Hey do you want the rest of this sausage roll? It tastes like shit'

Last edited:
Well isnt that silly logic. Right up there with the claim Luko isn't worth pursuing because a premiership coach didnt want him at the suns.

Historically - plenty of players have use / value for other teams.

Remember when we were the 14th team and couldn't find a place for Billy Frampton? He went on to play 23 games (and all finals) for the team that won the flag.

IMO - Laird still has plenty of value. Our genius coach needs to not put him in the midfield.
I don't think Frampton played 23 games. Wasn't he dropped and then came in for the injured bloke they got from Brisbane? (forgot his name)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not going to retire
If he knows he won't get a contract beyond 2026 and doesn't want to play in the SANFL. You think the new senior coach will see Laird as an important puzzle of the list moving forward??? Even Nicks finally saw it and had to move him to defense were he still stunk as bad as Smith early in the season and got dropped mid season.

If we, the 15th team don’t want him, why would someone else? It’s been sad to see him drop in form so sharply this year, and there just isn’t the spot for him now we have that group of defenders.
He'd be ok for a team with stuff all depth. Bulldogs maybe, considering they are losing a few players.

We won't get anything for him and will need to pay a majority of his $850K contract. He is close to retirement, more likely to retire mid next year and pay out his contract for the following year.
St Kilda are compulsive at trading in older guys on the decline. They inexplicably gave Sydney massive overs for Hanneberry when he was on one leg, they grabbed Brad Crouch with a degenerative knee, they want Macrae this year who can’t make Footscrays side and they are going to bring in Soldo after he proved no good at a second side this year. They would probably give us 2 firsts for Laird.:D

If he knows he won't get a contract beyond 2026 and doesn't want to play in the SANFL. You think the new senior coach will see Laird as an important puzzle of the list moving forward??? Even Nicks finally saw it and had to move him to defense were he still stunk as bad as Smith early in the season and got dropped mid season.
Change of club, he'll still have a good couple of years in him.

Just not with us.

I don't think Frampton played 23 games. Wasn't he dropped and then came in for the injured bloke they got from Brisbane? (forgot his name)

16, in and out during the year, no finals other than the grand final
The thing with Frampton was he was able to plug holes for Collingwood during the year up forward, in defence and particularly in the ruck when at times both Cameron and Cox were out injuried

Remove this Banner Ad

News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back