News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt Roberts
He’s a very interesting case.
I’m very hopeful we are keeping in contact and can bring him back. Elite kicks are worth a lot in this game. I rate him highly.

But I also suspect that if we drafted him, he wouldn’t be playing right now. Not in the role he currently is. I mean, in reality, who would he start over (who would coaches pick) in our current back 6?

The writing is on the wall for Laird - he won’t be in the midfield. He may have a contract until 2026 but in that year, 2026, he will have to earn his spot. Next year he might have a bit more latitude but he is on notice.
Only problem is he is the coaches pet, along with Murphy...

I do wonder whether the shift to half back was a signal.
Hopefully... but we know Nicks usually forgets things over pre-season.

Laird still has plenty of value. Our genius coach needs to not put him in the midfield.
No value, unless he just needed freshening up on a flank for a few weeks, he's paid as a premium mid too so playing in an easy position like hbf is not what we need from him, but also i like the idea of younger players, especially in a developing team, playing on the flanks to develop them, unless you're andrew mcleod or nigel smart then you get a pass

Oh they won’t play first game, got to earn your stripes in the Rerserves.

What a stupid comment.

2020 - Nicks played McAsey the first 10 games.
2021 - Berry played the first 5 games and 17 games in 2021. Rowe played the first 18 games and ended with 19 out of 22. Tilthorpe had his debut in week 6 and played 14 of the last 17 games.
2022 - Both Soligo and Rachele debuted RD 1 and played significant games.
2023 - Max debuts rd 1 and plays all season.

Nicks gives us so many things to be critical of. Why on earth do so many numpties try and make up shit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like the prototype half back flanker in the modern game for me. Good size, athletic, tough, good ball user. Has some penetration on his kick and enough leg speed & dare to break lines. Solid overhead.

Reckon him and Hinge will form a really strong combo.
A Marty Mattner type or better skilled?

What a stupid comment.

2020 - Nicks played McAsey the first 10 games.
2021 - Berry played the first 5 games and 17 games in 2021. Rowe played the first 18 games and ended with 19 out of 22. Tilthorpe had his debut in week 6 and played 14 of the last 17 games.
2022 - Both Soligo and Rachele debuted RD 1 and played significant games.
2023 - Max debuts rd 1 and plays all season.

Nicks gives us so many things to be critical of. Why on earth do so many numpties try and make up shit.

Interesting don’t you find that he did that in his first 3 seasons of coaching - when he had literally nothing to lose.

As he has entered his 4/5th years he has become more conservative in his selections. 2024 was a case in point.

A Marty Mattner type or better skilled?

That's actually an ok comparison but I'd say Cumming is more skilled. Better accumulator, better kick, more metres gained, better overhead. Mattner was an elite tackler though and (so far) more durable.

I know I'm a fan of Isaac and maybe biased but is there something you disagree with there Mutineer ?
Mattner was a whole lot better than you're giving him crefit for especially at his best when with the Swans.

Mattner was a whole lot better than you're giving him crefit for especially at his best when with the Swans.
He was pretty good here too at one stage, I remember he and Burton were considered the two best wingers in the game at one point.

Interesting don’t you find that he did that in his first 3 seasons of coaching - when he had literally nothing to lose.

As he has entered his 4/5th years he has become more conservative in his selections. 2024 was a case in point.

He still did in 2022 and 2023. This year he had a couple of things against him

He was looking at a side they expected to push for finals - so shows faith for at least 3-4 rounds

He started 5 players down on the previous year so was already well into the depth that he “trusted”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

News Isaac Cumming to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back