Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone tell me more about him?

He obviously hasn't had opportunity due to the stacked midfield ahead of him in GWS.

But is he a Rankine prospect, or is he a Hampton prospect?

There’s a difference between helping a little and Tex being blamed for not getting him. Luko and Rozee are top mates and will play together for 10 years. Port are a consistent finals team.

Tex will play for one more year. We haven’t played finals for 7 years.

There’s only so much Tex can say to try and sway him without looking like a dodgy used car salesman like his coach.
But it's an advantage nonetheless, the only personal connection Cumming potentially has with Port is a guy that might (and I think will) sign with Collingwood

Clearly Port have most of the intangible advantages when it comes to performance, but we'd be remiss not to lean into using Tex as a key communicator and seller. Ultimately, being around someone Cumming knows and respects well should be integral to developing greater personal relationships within the club

He obviously hasn't had opportunity due to the stacked midfield ahead of him in GWS.

That's two pretty far extremes :p

Running half back/wing, is athletic and skilled, hard at the ball and tackles well, competes overhead. Some soft tissue issues this year

That's two pretty far extremes :p

Running half back/wing, is athletic and skilled, hard at the ball and tackles well, competes overhead. Some soft tissue issues this year
So he's replacing Smith/Hamill?

He’s not a mid, he’s a half back who can intercept. About 90% as good as Jordan Clark this year who wouldn’t have been far off AA.

If we have any brains whatsoever we tell him he’ll never touch the wing and give him the keys to HB. Looks like we’ve blown it.

There’s a difference between helping a little and Tex being blamed for not getting him. Luko and Rozee are top mates and will play together for 10 years. Port are a consistent finals team.

Tex will play for one more year. We haven’t played finals for 7 years.

There’s only so much Tex can say to try and sway him without looking like a dodgy used car salesman like his coach.

The other factor not considered is just what are our players saying about the club behind the scenes to friends, family and their managers. Tex is not an idiot. He has had 7 coaches in his career (Includes caretaker coaches), he has seen the best and the worst. Bottom line players talk. There is an external view of the club held by fans and members then there is the internal AFL reputation held by managers, AFL industry leaders, coaches and players. Im telling you, there is no way we come out smelling like roses right now to anyone.

From the moment Cumming's manager told the media that his decision would be in line with Port's exit from finals I've felt like they had the edge.

Even though it was likely him just being thorough.

Dawson met with Port after the finals. But once Dawson nominated Adelaide and the trade was done, he said that Adelaide was always his strong preferred destination

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Isaac Cumming - UFA (and then there was one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back