Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Which is nonsense, obviously. The Judean people only ruled the surrounding areas for brief periods of time.

Places like Haifa, Jaffa and Ashkelon (or anywhere along the coast) were only briefly under nominal Judean rule in as much as they were part of the Roman Judean protectorate. They were never populated with Jewish people, ever in their history until the 1940's.

Those areas were under Egyptian, Christian or Zoroastrian rule a lot more of their history than they were nominally Judean. The area that they're claiming as "Greater Israel" was part of Roman Judea, but the Jews only really populated the inland areas around Jerusalem and up to Nazareth.

I appreciate the technical argument, but this is about religion. Its about being the chosen people and seeking the promised land. You can argue your case until you're blue in the face.

What poll is that?

if you monitor the israeli newspapers they are often quite open about the opinions of the people. Haaretz, of course, is always a good place to start, or even google it. I spent some time in the past months referring to these figures in other threads and the threads get shut down etc etc, and I'm not really into researching things to prove things to people who have a fixed mindset.

Time to get an overall picture.
Israel is no independent actor here. Every action it takes is first discussed, then agreed to, and then co-ordinated with the Biden Administration and the Pentagon.
This has become obvious.
Over the last 48 hours, with nauseating repetitiveness, we see the mainstream media reporting on how the US and Netanyahu are discussing what "retaliatory" strike they should now unleash against Iran.
When they finally come to an agreement, the US will give the IDF the necessary satellite data (via Pine Gap, very likely) and perhaps even the necessary weaponry (the latest bunker buster technology).

Israel is playing a specific role: carrying out genocide in Gaza and a war of annihilation in Labanon on behalf of its paymasters in Washington.

Their next target is Iran. And once again, the mainstream propaganda will portray this as another justified action of "self=defence".

Whether it’s the US driving it or helping it go further, either way they are totally involved.

I am trying to think of why the US is doing this and so cucked to Israel, like even more than ever.

if you monitor the israeli newspapers they are often quite open about the opinions of the people. Haaretz, of course, is always a good place to start, or even google it. I spent some time in the past months referring to these figures in other threads and the threads get shut down etc etc, and I'm not really into researching things to prove things to people who have a fixed mindset.
The Times of Israel is the only non propaganda news outlet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Times of Israel is the only non propaganda news outlet.

There remains no consensus among Jewish Israelis about how exactly to respond to Hezbollah, though the majority favor increased action, whether a deep offensive in Lebanon, including targeting Lebanese infrastructure (46%), or more aggressive, though still limited, attacks on the terror group (21%) compared to the current skirmishes.

This is going to be very controversial to say the least.

'The US has reportedly offered Israel a "compensation package" if it refrains from attacking certain targets in Iran, according to a report in Kan11 on Sunday.

Amichai Stein told them that he had received reports from US officials that the US had offered Israel a "compensation package" if it refrained from hitting specific targets in Iran.

This package was offered during negotiations between officials of the two countries on the type of response to the attack from Iran.

The package would include a total guarantee of comprehensive diplomatic protection as well as a weapons package and was offered directly in return for holding off on striking certain targets in Iran.

Quid pro Quo

Stein summed it up, saying, "An American official said, 'If you don't hit targets A, B, C, we will provide you with diplomatic protection and an arms package.'"

"Israeli officials responded saying, 'We consider the United States and listen to them. But we will do anything and everything we can to protect the citizens and the security of the State of Israel.'
..."

So it isn’t exactly carrot and stick approach is it.

It’s the carrot or even more carrot approach.

No “we will withdraw funding if you bomb these targets” it’s “we will give you more than ever before if you don’t bomb these targets”.

There remains no consensus among Jewish Israelis about how exactly to respond to Hezbollah, though the majority favor increased action, whether a deep offensive in Lebanon, including targeting Lebanese infrastructure (46%), or more aggressive, though still limited, attacks on the terror group (21%) compared to the current skirmishes.

That doesn't make the war crimes more palatable

Netanyahu and the Western Media and Peter Dutton: Israel is fighting a battle against its extinction, that's why they're committing war crimes, which maybe aren't war crimes if you try to look at it a different way.

Israeli public: Netanyahu should resign and the greater risk to the state is from within than external.

Why are the west and people like Peter Dutton excusing war crimes that the Israeli people themselves don't even see as the biggest problem?

Because $$$$$$$$$

How do people think Israel should have responded after October 7th attacks? Genuine question?

Most wars see huge civilian casualties. The USA nuked Japan twice to stop them.

Germany was basically flattened in WW2.

Targeted response to get Hamas leadership.

Comparing Israel’s actions to those 80 years ago when there have been countless wars since is disingenuous at best.

'Picking a side" is the problem. We are watching footy, or sitting on a jury. And picking a side, just binds you and blinds you. It binds you to the narrative of the 'side' you choose, and blinds you from anything they do wrong. My philospohy is that this is actualy where radicalisation occurs online in forums and SM like this. It's the barracking that causes it, and lets face it, when Collingwood is playing Carlton and a Carlton player is legally tackled, more than half the stadium are all incesnsed that the pies still didn't get a free kick and 2 50's for it.

I don’t see people who are anti what Israel are doing is picking a side.

I am not checking the news hoping Israelis get killed in retaliation as part of some scoreboard tally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back