Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Another question is why didn’t USA offer their land for a safe settlement?
It wasn’t 100% exclusively Jews. The UK invaded Palestine (at the time) so it was begun by UN.
The whole situation is horrid. So many solutions but that was the one chosen?

The UK were amongst those driving the Ottomans out , and were then given administrative control.
I don't think it was "fun" for them, with both the Arabs and the Israeli's attacking them at various times . They tried to have a relatively small part of the place delegated for Jews, but that idea was rejected by the Arabs.
The British saw what sort of a shitshow was brewing and tried to limit Jewish immigration, but the Zionists organized illegal immigration, then when WWII came, it just opened the floodgates.

Rural WA/NT/SA could have easily taken in some Jews

They changed the immigration rules to let in more , after Hitler started oppressing them. 7000 before the start of WWII.
Around 40 000 in the following 30 years.

Of course Australians were pretty insular back then.

How am i twisting it? Why on earth would it make me feel better?

They absolutely targeted Hezbollah.
If they had targeted phones in a phone shop that the general public bought, that would be terrorism.
That's what terrorism has always been. That's why people hate it so much.

For example the USA Embassy bombing killed mostly innocent Lebanese.
It is against international law.

The End.

It is against international law.

The End.

Very possible, but its under debate by legal experts at the moment.
It still doesn't make it an act of terrorism though certain aspects of it fit under that category,

Meanwhile there have been less collateral deaths and injuries than what they are likely to get ( and have been getting ) from shooting missiles and rockets.

Hezbollah have been conducting a campaign that was only ever going to escalate things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back