Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

was purely a compassion of military power only, nothing else.

it was a pure who would win 1v1 Israel or Iran based on their military capability.

Israel 10/10 times
This battle has never been 1v1 and never will be.

The massive gamble Israel are taking is not on if it will be 1v1, it's on how many countries join Iran and how strongly they do it.

Israel will have limited US support, I'm guessing air defences. Will the US risk flying planes near Iran, or putting their ships within drone/missile range of the Iranian mainland while flying offensive sorties? I doubt it.

Russia is the biggest wildcard. Nobody knows how much support they can, or would be willing, to offer Iran from within Syria. If they provide a lot, Israel are in all sorts of trouble. Russia could enforce a no-fly zone over Syria for Israel/USA planes and also facilitate Iran launching from within Syria and Lebanon. Turkey could also do the same thing.

Jordan is the other unknown. Likely to stay as neutral as possible. Their population wants them to join Iran, their leaders would want to join the US (Israel). Doubt they'll contribute militarily, but what they permit over their airspace will be interesting.

The massive gamble Israel are taking is not on if it will be 1v1, it's on how many countries join Iran and how strongly they do it.

Israel will have limited US support, I'm guessing air defences. Will the US risk flying planes near Iran, or putting their ships within drone/missile range of the Iranian mainland while flying offensive sorties? I doubt it.

Russia is the biggest wildcard. Nobody knows how much support they can, or would be willing, to offer Iran from within Syria. If they provide a lot, Israel are in all sorts of trouble. Russia could enforce a no-fly zone over Syria for Israel/USA planes and also facilitate Iran launching from within Syria and Lebanon. Turkey could also do the same thing.

Jordan is the other unknown. Likely to stay as neutral as possible. Their population wants them to join Iran, their leaders would want to join the US (Israel). Doubt they'll contribute militarily, but what they permit over their airspace will be interesting.

Jordan will not join the US/Israel.

Americans are sick of endless wars.

The Iranians and their allies will just drag the war out for years and years.

Israel is f"d.

it's why its called a hypothetical....

you are taking it way too seriously.

relax guy

Israel is f"d.
I can't see how it ends for Israel. Hezbollah have a lot more support than before. The illegal occupation is even more on the nose internationally.

If they go to war with Iran, even by proxy, it will mean less tourism, loss of income, damage to infrastructure and reputation. Death and injury to Reservists and civilians. For what?

Going to war for "security" wasn't a good idea for Russia and it isn't a good idea for Israel. Every bomb they drop makes them less safe, not more safe.

Israel is f"d.
The US will always be on Israel's side and helping them with at least arms and money.

It's how much the Israel war-hawks can get them to commit in boots, planes and ships that is in question. I think Netanyahu doesn't have the clout with Biden. Trump would do it for a $10m personal donation, which I'm sure has already been made.

britain us france germany be providing tel aviv w materiEl and other support , they all were providing support for gaza <japaneseemoji:eyesroll> assume our army reserve lieutenant colonel davidKilkullen will have been asked for input , he was General Petraeus advisor in Iraq , his phd was on insurgent warfare at UNSW-Duntroon

Going to war for "security" wasn't a good idea for Russia and it isn't a good idea for Israel. Every bomb they drop makes them less safe, not more safe.

Kremlin had ± seven years backchannel negotiations attempting to get Minsk treaty adhered to

Carl von Clausewitz aphorism on war extension of politics by other means

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WWIII iran russia lebanon syria chances are china <attempt> to sit it out but will they get brinkmanship maneuvers by pentagon DC

the power and influence of the israeli diaspora, louise. it’s pervasive as you know better than most. insidious.

Boris Johnson and other DC politicians at the highest level aligned with Tel Aviv consensus , then there are American Christian Zionists who are manifold greater than ^Israeli diaspora

was purely a compassion of military power only, nothing else.

it was a pure who would win 1v1 Israel or Iran based on their military capability.

Israel 10/10 times
no , zero chance Israel could take on Persians head to head , they need pentagon support , they came away chastened versus lebabonhezzbollah a decade back

It's entirely plausible that Syria and Russia join the Iranian side, perhaps Turkey and Lebanon as well. If this happens, Israel will suffer more damage than Iran will. Iran is 88 million people, Israel is 10m. Israel have to land 10x more ordnance than Iran would to impact the same amount. Iran and allies would be firing from 150km from Tel Aviv, Israel will be firing from 1,000km from Iran.

And if the US join in, Iran will block the straits of Hormuz and the price of oil will hit prices so astronomical it will upend Governments worldwide. Everyone will be buying Russian oil again.

Biden and Harris need Netanyahu to de-escalate, and Netanyahu wants to escalate to stay in power and ethnically cleanse while they have what's left of Oct 7th as an excuse.

Pretty strong admission in this opinion piece in the conservative Jerusalem Post. That while they have been militarily successful, they're simply further from their stated goals. More Palestinians support armed struggle than before the war. More of the world recognises the Palestinian struggle and the role of Israel as the oppressor.

The defeats to Hamas’s military have been noteworthy in that quest for deterrence. Since October 7, Israel has successfully targeted key Hamas infrastructure, eliminated very high-ranking operatives, and dismantled weapons stockpiles. These achievements have undeniably substantially weakened the terrorist group’s operational capabilities.

Nevertheless, though Hamas may have taken a big military hit, support for it has actually increased among everyday Palestinians. According to a recent poll, two-thirds of all Palestinians think the October 7 attack was a correct decision, and support for armed struggle has risen by eight percentage points to 54%.

Support for Hamas rose by six percent to 40%, and dissatisfaction with the Palestinian Authority has increased, with 89% now wanting PA president Mahmoud Abbas to resign. (Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research).

HOW DO we address the tragic reality that, in pursuit of deterrence, in pursuit of Jewish safety, Israel may have only helped usher in a new era of scrutiny and targeting of Jews? Perhaps it is too late: Israel has already cast itself as persona non grata on the world stage, with demonstrations in major cities and on campuses worldwide, condemnation from world leaders, sanctions, and diplomatic isolation.
nb. Jerusalem Post is skewed written for domestic audience

Why would they be going through Syria? Unless Jordan will not allow them access. No idea what Iraq would do - doubt it would be good.

Agree Russia are itching to get involved. And Turkey is the wildcard.

Escalation is not an option - it means the end of Israel.
russia are not <itching> and turkey won't stand by if TelAviv launches war on neighbouring states

don’t do as i do, do as i say. very trump-like. i seem to recall his son got into trouble for posting hard-right venomous racist comments. lovely family.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid East Israel declare war after Hamas attack III

Remove this Banner Ad

Back