It’s a big season for……

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 23, 2008
behind enemy lines
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The 2025 season will be upon us before we know it. So with that in mind who is it a big one for? It doesn’t necessarily have to be who will have a breakout season, it may involve a player fighting to maintain his spot. Either way, who has a lot on the line heading into 2025?

Going to go a little left field here and will explain why in a second - but Jack Scrimshaw.

Played such a big role for us this year really went to another level with more defensive responsibilities. Prove to us this is the full time standard for you now without regressing or losing your spot to any of the incoming key backs.

Going to go a little left field here and will explain why in a second - but Jack Scrimshaw.

Played such a big role for us this year really went to another level with more defensive responsibilities. Prove to us this is the full time standard for you now without regressing or losing your spot to any of the incoming key backs.
Bloke is absolutely cream now. I am not surprised if we swing him forward at some point.

Well it's a big year for everyone of course as complacency is one of our biggest threats for the upcoming season. But in addition to the above players, I think it's a big year for Cam Mackenzie. If he can get to the level of the really elite young players across the league that would just about be the last piece of the puzzle for us (assuming Dear comes on and Lewis gets back). He's at the age now where it's time to step up and be a match winner.

CJ for mine, needs an injury free run at it.

Needs to find clean hands stop the thumbling and double grasps.

Could be the X factor player that wins us big games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suprise packets of 2024.

Scrimmers- turned a massive corner. Consistent application let his talent shine.

Calsher-from project player/long shot to potential star KPF and saviour in 12 months. Unbelievable. We have been truly kissed on the you know what here.

Massimo- Wow, no contract to AA squad. Kissed again.

Frosty- out of nowhere he reinvented himself into a "reliable" lock down defender. Went full James Frawley and was far more effective for it.

(Hopefull) surprise packets of 2025.

Ward+McKenzie, high picks, time to show it. Would love to see them become consistent effective ball winners/uses at senior level.

CJ, was surprised at his last contract extension length. Mitchell obviously has big plans for him. Can he get and stay fit?
Can he become an effective player with ball in hand?

McCabe, Calsher 1st season has probably increased our hopes this kid is just as talented and ready to step up.
Hopefully a full pre season will allow him to show us his potential.

If these 4 come on. LTFO
A long shot I know, but so were the 4 in 2024.

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a big season for……

Remove this Banner Ad

Back