It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Hendo , not going off the golden haired.... scratch that .. domed haired child are we. ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not at all. I am just pointing out that karma is a bitch sometimes.

Hopefully karma will go to Essendon next, and stick a particular 2IC to James Hird.

Look, I haven't gone off Ablett. In fact, I expect when his contract is up with GC, he will see what a failed experiment it was, that GC are a basket-case, and he will want back at Geelong.

Then we can get him back, under certain conditions, since Geelong will hold all the cards.

Hopefully karma will go to Essendon next, and stick a particular 2IC to James Hird.

Look, I haven't gone off Ablett. In fact, I expect when his contract is up with GC, he will see what a failed experiment it was, that GC are a basket-case, and he will want back at Geelong.

Then we can get him back, under certain conditions, since Geelong will hold all the cards.

After all the hammering he'll cop week-in-week-out and the fact he'll be forced into doing more in and under work I'll be surprised if he isn't forced into retirement before the 5 years are up. Already there are signs his dodgy groin is a problem.

The only times we'll see him at our club in future will be at Premiership functions. If he deigns to show-up of course.

When Gazza's 5 years at the Gold Coast is up, he'll probably sign a new contract with them and stay there for the remainder of his career. He'll be 30 by then, and who would want him ? he'd be way paste his best and his body would be a wreck. Not to mention that pretty much all teams today are all about playing youngsters. Gaz will never put on the blue & white hoops again, unfortunately.

GC are 52 down in the 1st quarter.
But by god they are going to be unbeatable in a few years.

These kids are scary

Who is the bloody ruckman? F**k

This is going to be very interesting to watch. No AFL team has ever built from such a low base with so many kids so we are in unchartered territory with GC.

From a personal experience, I was part of a team in a very similar situation (different sport, but very similar situation). Our club was not going anywhere and had a lot of very good kids (16-17 year olds) coming through the ranks. The club basically shed all of our senior players and decided to just play the kids regardless of form.

It was problematic to say the least. We got flogged every week at a very young age, and the players (myself included) developed some very bad habits. When you expect to get flogged before you start, it is hard to not start playing for yourself and going into self-protection mode. To cut a long story short, almost all of the players didn't reach their potential (myself included) and I firmly believe that the situation and the bad habits developed played a major part in this.

I don't believe that playing in a team getting flogged every week at a very early age is good for anyone's development.

Don't care where he went. It was the deceitful way he did it. As Beth so eloquently put it "f*** him."

Totally agree!!

I would love to be over the whole Ablett leaving Geelong, but I dont think I ever will. It was a massive heartbreak and honestly something that I never thought would happen.

This is going to be very interesting to watch. No AFL team has ever built from such a low base with so many kids so we are in unchartered territory with GC.

From a personal experience, I was part of a team in a very similar situation (different sport, but very similar situation). Our club was not going anywhere and had a lot of very good kids (16-17 year olds) coming through the ranks. The club basically shed all of our senior players and decided to just play the kids regardless of form.

It was problematic to say the least. We got flogged every week at a very young age, and the players (myself included) developed some very bad habits. When you expect to get flogged before you start, it is hard to not start playing for yourself and going into self-protection mode. To cut a long story short, almost all of the players didn't reach their potential (myself included) and I firmly believe that the situation and the bad habits developed played a major part in this.

I don't believe that playing in a team getting flogged every week at a very early age is good for anyone's development.

Same experience. I can vouch for what you say here. Mine was a championshiip basketball team.. Couldn't wait to get us through. Out of 12 players only 2 played top competition afer we hit 22. Neither of them for the original team.

it certainly was couchy555;)

his only two real heavy defeats were back in round 8, 2006 against Collingwood and round 9, 2008 against 'yep you guessed it! Collingwood. One was a 102 point smashing and the other was an 86 point belting:mad: Can't wait until the anticipated rematch in round 8

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now he's told the HS that, quote "If I can be part of building this group from the ground up, and they win a premiership, in some ways that will be more satisfying than the flags at Geelong".

Wow. So helping a founding club of the AFL break a 44 year drought by winning 2 flags in three years is somehow inferior to helping a club to 'buy' a premiership by monopolising the cream of the AFL's youth and trading on greed and betrayal.

Such a noble cause.

Now he's told the HS that, quote "If I can be part of building this group from the ground up, and they win a premiership, in some ways that will be more satisfying than the flags at Geelong".

Wow. So helping a founding club of the AFL break a 44 year drought by winning 2 flags in three years is somehow inferior to helping a club to 'buy' a premiership by monopolising the cream of the AFL's youth and trading on greed and betrayal.

Such a noble cause.

There is only one way that a flag at GC :)rolleyes:) could be more satisfying than the flags at Geelong - it could be more financially satisfying.

Sadly we've become all too aware of how important that particular matter is to Junior.

As much as I am enjoying our early-season promise, I am counting down the days till Round 10 already...

There is only one way that a flag at GC :)rolleyes:) could be more satisfying than the flags at Geelong - it could be more financially satisfying.

Sadly we've become all too aware of how important that particular matter is to Junior.

As much as I am enjoying our early-season promise, I am counting down the days till Round 10 already...

ah ha! I knew someone smarter than I would figure his angle.

I too am looking forward to Round 10 :)

Junior's looking vulnerable now with no-one to protect him, and I'm thinking we might have a couple of guys running around that might want to give him their own 'pay-out'.

"Sigh"......could we bring Yeatesy back for a run? :D

I thought the pre banner run through was most enlightening. He absolutely looked like a deer in the headlights and didn't seem to engage with any other player before they ran through.......not exactly Leadership material in their first ever game.........

I thought the pre banner run through was most enlightening. He absolutely looked like a deer in the headlights and didn't seem to engage with any other player before they ran through.......not exactly Leadership material in their first ever game.........

He seemed to give the team a rousing, passionate speech in their pre-game huddle, but as you said, he looked strangely out of place on the pre-banner run through.

Even my partner, who was a neutral observer being....*sigh*....a 'Whoreforn' supporter, commented on his unease at the banner.

Thanks Cataholic
Missed the rousing speech , sounds more like it but obviously not rousing enough based on the final result.

Well, when I say rousing, I perhaps I should've said animated. You couldn't hear what he was saying but the passion in what he was saying was obvious.

It's just a shame it fell on deaf ears :D

Such a noble cause.

Frankly thats quite inflammatory and in my view...unnecessary. More and more I hope he cops a very hard shirty in Round 10...

He should stfu about comparisons with Geelong.....

Frankly thats quite inflammatory and in my view...unnecessary. More and more I hope he cops a very hard shirty in Round 10...

He should stfu about comparisons with Geelong.....

Agree. Snide little potshots like that aren't doing him any favours.

I wish Rooke could've hung around a little longer. Oh, what I'd give to see him run through the centre square in Round 10 a la Mark Yeates :eek:

Agree. Snide little potshots like that aren't doing him any favours.

I wish Rooke could've hung around a little longer. Oh, what I'd give to see him run through the centre square in Round 10 a la Mark Yeates :eek:

He might jump the fence in Rd 20 and do it anyway.We can only hope. ;)

ah ha! I knew someone smarter than I would figure his angle.

I too am looking forward to Round 10 :)

Junior's looking vulnerable now with no-one to protect him, and I'm thinking we might have a couple of guys running around that might want to give him their own 'pay-out'.

"Sigh"......could we bring Yeatesy back for a run? :D

Oh Yeatesy, Christ now that'd be fun :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

It breaks my heart

Remove this Banner Ad

Back