Remove this Banner Ad

robaba

Premiership Player
May 20, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's time for me to throw in the towel.
The AFL have decided to sc'ew us up at all available opportunity.
I went to the Gabba for the first time on Saturday night and was bitterly disappointed at the standard of umpiring. Petrie was continually tied up and tossed to the ground by Merrett and nothing was done.
We had lots of chances to win, but regardless, Brisbane did not win. The umpires won. It seemed like every minor opportunity they had to penalise
us , they jumped on with glee. Scott Mcmahon did nothing wrong. He was trying to hand the ball over and was impeded by the Brisbane player.
Is it worth following AFL anymore?
Lopsided draws, ridiculous umpiring. If it's entertainment I want I would follow the WWE. Time to take up rugby instead, I think.

hand-waving-goodbye.jpg

robaba, you becoming un/disinterested will have a flow on effect/affect that the Afl definately/definitely are after.

Don't be silly,its makes the good years even more sweeter when you know certain types are bleeding from the ass as North go all the way!

robaba, you becoming un/disinterested will have a flow on effect/affect that the Afl definately/definitely are after.

Don't be silly,its makes the good years even more sweeter when you know certain types are bleeding from the ass as North go all the way!

His right, robaba. Don't let the AFL get there way. Your to important too the footy club.

His right, robaba. Don't let the AFL get there way. Your to important too the footy club.

funny thing that will live in history is,in 1996 the team they didn't want to win the centenary grand final won it,we had the best ever player and a great young team,that will hurt them forever

I actually felt hate on Saturday night. Hate is not a good emotion.
I did not hate the Lions, their fans were quite fair.
I hated the AFL, I hated the umpires, I hated the game.

As others have said, to give up is letting them beat you. Stick with North and boycott other games would seem the better option. Ive said in a couple of other posts, i really do think the AFLs screwing us over days are at or coming to an end. Youve made it this far, see it out!

I went to the Gabba for the first time on Saturday night and was bitterly disappointed at the standard of umpiring. Petrie was continually tied up and tossed to the ground by Merrett and nothing was done.
We had lots of chances to win, but regardless, Brisbane did not win. The umpires won. It seemed like every minor opportunity they had to penalise
us , they jumped on with glee. Scott Mcmahon did nothing wrong. He was trying to hand the ball over and was impeded by the Brisbane player.
Lopsided draws, ridiculous umpiring. If it's entertainment I want I would follow the WWE. Time to take up rugby instead, I think.

robaba, time you took a leaf out of my book. I bleed blue & white but in years such as these where a premiership is unlikely, you have to have a dabble on some of the erotics to keep your interest up. Look at me for example, this week I have a multi with Scotland getting the most touches Fri night, into McKinley kicking the most goals of the round & Syd winning by >22.5pnts. So no matter what happens, I'm a winner either way.:thumbsu:

I went to the Gabba for the first time on Saturday night and I was stoked from start to finish that I was able to watch my team play. I didn't leave my seat through pouring rain except for more beers to add to the buzz.

Perspective, huh?

I wouldn't give it up if Eric Bischoff ran the league and Earl Hebner was our umpire.

hearts-border1.jpg

I wouldn't bother going to 75% of AFL matches if North had a strong following.

I rarely watch other AFL sides play these days. Modern football is sterile over-officiated rubbish

hearts-border1.jpg

Many North supporters have those feelings, particularly on saturday night.

But don't let it turn you away, let it drive your passion for North - triumphing in the face of it. The club has been doing it since its inception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hearts-border1.jpg

I wouldn't bother going to 75% of AFL matches if North had a strong following.

I rarely watch other AFL sides play these days. Modern football is sterile over-officiated rubbish.

hearts-border1.jpg

Funny thing that, I watch games not involving north and still get frustrated at the game and umpiring, so basically have stopped watching,i did'nt know my wife could be so chatty:p:p

Mate I hear ya, it can get a bit tiring. Feels like we're fighting with 2 hands tied behind our backs a lot of the time.

Which is incidentally something our forwards can all relate to.

He(NMFC) is a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away...just like the Kramer portrait.

Pretty much sums it up for me at the moment.

As others have said, to give up is letting them beat you. Stick with North and boycott other games would seem the better option. Ive said in a couple of other posts, i really do think the AFLs screwing us over days are at or coming to an end. Youve made it this far, see it out!

I realised this back in 94 when we got "dated" in that pre-lim against geelong......and I really enjoyed that last day in september in 96 because of this agenda.......stick hard and stick fast mate

Remove this Banner Ad

It's time to give up,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back