Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What is Maric Worth

So let me get this straight....

Richmond lose Nason + Compo

Richmond Gain Pick24 + pick 25 +Maric + Pre listed Player (luke brown)hopefully

Mate I wish you were the Adelaide List manager,If you can get this through ........ Im Buying you a slab

Wouldn't be Brown.

I don;t think they have 25 do they?

Most unlikely, as they will use 33 on Tom Lynch I'd expect

If we have the currency to have a crack at the mini draft, why don't we just go for it and keep Grundy for ourselves? Apart from the fact that it doesn't improve our ruck division for 4 or 5 years until he develops, that is!

If we have the currency to have a crack at the mini draft, why don't we just go for it and keep Grundy for ourselves? Apart from the fact that it doesn't improve our ruck division for 4 or 5 years until he develops, that is!
Because i think in his scenario we are getting the mini-draft pick for unders in order to trade it back. We wouldnt get it for that much.

Because i think in his scenario we are getting the mini-draft pick for unders in order to trade it back. We wouldnt get it for that much.
Yeah, understand that. I was referring to the sorta price that was being thrown around yesterday for pick 2 to the Crows... seemed a pretty fair price to me. Just wondered why we wouldn't look at this option.

Yeah, understand that. I was referring to the sorta price that was being thrown around yesterday for pick 2 to the Crows... seemed a pretty fair price to me. Just wondered why we wouldn't look at this option.
Because we have nothing to compete with that. They have a better ffirst rounder and better compo pick. There compo pick is a mid-first round taken after all non-finals teams have a pick.

Because we have nothing to compete with that. They have a better ffirst rounder and better compo pick. There compo pick is a mid-first round taken after all non-finals teams have a pick.
I was thinking in terms of a third MD pick, but you're right... Probably still don't have the currency, and I assume they will go the two/two route.

He is worth nothing more than 37. I am shocked this hasn't been done. Surely means that a third party is trying to get involved.

Sorry to intrude, but I have an idea of the path I'd like the crows to take with the Maric deal and just want to get some feed back on the Richmond portion of the trade.

Would you guys be happy with this as your ins and outs?

Lose:
Bock compo, player x(Conners/Morton/Edwards)
Gain:
Maric, Pick 24, GWS pre listed player(and possibly pick 25 if that's not enough)

Not sure if this is good value or not please let me know your thoughts:)

Are you intending to use lube or are oyu planning on ass raping us without it? The mere fact that Adelaide are so desperate to get the compo pick back indicates how good next years draft is so we would be expected to lose an extra pick in a very good and deep draft for someone in this years shallow draft. How about Dangerfield and Maric for compo pick and 37.

Time is up Richmond need to tell Maric they will take him if he is there in the PSD and tell the dog club that there is no chance of a trade.

Re: What other Ruckman would you want?

Considering Melbourne are chasing Clark, why don't we go after him too?

I'm thinking the same thing. I only didn't consider him before because I thought there was no convincing him from going back to WA.

I think we should make a big play for him. I wouldn't hesitate to use our fisrt pick and the compo pick to get him. Unlike Maric, this IS A QUALITY PLAYER and sort of person we should chase hard to fill the ruck position.

The Seaby option is as good as any. Can't think he wouldn't have a positive influence on the younger rucks like Browne and Vickery.
I sense that Graham went backwards in 2011 and Browne didn't come on as expected without an experienced hand like Simmonds around to help out.
Sad as it sonds, I just don't think either was ready for the full-time role, which we nknow at Richmond meant 85% or thereabouts of game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans only traded Seaby in for pick 22 iirc only a couple of years ago, doubt they would trade him now for a third rounder in a weak draft.

Probably very wishful thinking but could we entice Freo to trade Zac Clarke for Copmo pick plus one of (or two of....) Connors, Mc Guane, Edwards?
Foley + compo pick. I'd do it.

*edit*
plus maybe ask for a later round pick in return as I don't really know the status of our compo pick.

What about getting McEvoy, helping Saints out but only on the cheap.

It would help them with their salary cap problems,

No chance, he's one of the best young players they have

Re: Welcome To Richmond Ivan Maric

Deal has been done with Maric coming to the Tigers. It is a 3 way deal with Maric to us, Lynch to Crows and 37 to Saints.

Re: Welcome To Richmond Ivan Maric

The added support will make a difference.

Well the blow torch is firmly on Graham and Browne now!!

Good thing about it is we can get a few project rucks like Downie or wait for a Nicholls or whatever!!!

No need to jump until a superior ruck comes along that suits us!!!

Magic - now you're loving it? wtf

Remove this Banner Ad

Ivan Maric ( includes Welcome to Richmond Ivan Maric )

Remove this Banner Ad

Back