List Mgmt. Ivan Soldo requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

That can't be right, that trade was two years ago and clubs can't trade two years in advance.

Our 2024 first round pick was traded to Fremantle last year for 2 second round picks (2023 and 2024 picks).
Ok. So pick 16 for picks ? and ? that were used to land ?

I suspect one of the seconds was for Rioli, the other maybe for Soldo. Sound trading at the time, nothing to get worked up about, particularly as we will hopefully get a second back for Soldo and Rioli is our best small forward by a mile.

I suspect one of the seconds was for Rioli, the other maybe for Soldo. Sound trading at the time, nothing to get worked up about, particularly as we will hopefully get a second back for Soldo and Rioli is our best small forward by a mile.

We gave up pick 16 this year to get 23 last year (which became 25 after concession picks) and Freo's second round pick this year.

We used 25, 76 and 94 to get Ratugolea.

Freo's future second round pick (2024) was used in the Soldo trade.

From the Cal Twomey tweet - Details will see Port Adelaide end up with Soldo and pick 50 in exchange for 41 and 49 this year, Fremantle’s future second round pick and Port’s future fourth round pick.

Geelong sent Ratugolea to Port Adelaide in exchange for picks 25, 76 and 94.

Pick 25… even lower than I thought.

What was the trade that involved Ports first round pick of this season?

Jhf and Rioli trades were done with last year. None of this years picks are involved.

Our current 1st rounder was traded last year , for 2 2nd rounders, one of which was sent to Geelong for esava and the other went to Richmond as part of the soldo trade.

Jhf and Rioli trades were done with last year. None of this years picks are involved.

Our current 1st rounder was traded last year , for 2 2nd rounders, one of which was sent to Geelong for esava and the other went to Richmond as part of the soldo trade.

Ok, we paid overs for both Rat and Ivan in that case, however a second back for Ivan softens the blow but I sense might be unlikely.

Pick 16, I would still question how many actually forge a decent career. The problem is we have two blokes on our books now that can barely do so as a result of giving that pick up.

Here is a list of Pick 16's over the years:

2010: T Davis (who)
2011: J Paine (is he a lion)
2012: J Prudden (who)
2013: D Lang (who)
2014: S Durdin (who)
2015: H Himmelberg (solid player)
2016: T Marshall (philthy's boyfriend)
2017: E Richards (gun - but father son)
2018: N Mchenry (lol)
2019: C Stephens (delisted)
2020: L Jones (you beauty)
2021: D Wilmot (handy)
2022: H Rowston (who)
2023: W Green (who)

Last edited:

Clucking bell!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my opinion Soldo has spat the dummy because Sweet has gone past him and now he wants to take the easy way out.
If he had as good a season as Sweet and still been seen as the number one ruckman on the list I suspect he would have been likely to stay and found a way to work out any other issues.

Regardless of any of the above we are not a charity, so if the club can't get something decent f*** giving him away for peanuts, if that is all we are offered he can stay on the list and be made to earn a spot in the Power line up.

Anything less than that and we really are cold toast mark 2!

Ok, we paid overs for both Rat and Ivan in that case, however a second back for Ivan softens the blow but I sense might be unlikely.

Pick 16, I would still question how many actually forge a decent career. The problem is we have two blokes on our books now that can barely do so as a result of giving that pick up.

2000: Dom Cassisi!

Cassisi was pick 50?

2000: Dom Cassisi!
Lol think you'll find Cassisi was a pick in the 50s

Lol think you'll find Cassisi was a pick in the 50s
Yeah no idea where I got that from.

Other pick 16s of interest Spud Lobbe, Ben Jacobs and Jasper Pittard

This research suggests we played a numbers game and played it pretty well. The draft is a complete lottery and of the pick 16s over the last 30 odd seasons the only that stand out are Birdman 1998, Scott Thompson 2000 and The G Train in 1993. Nothing in the last 23 seasons. Incredible really.

Quite clearly the concept is aspirational - and quite clearly we know he’s a dickhead now, so you jettison the dickhead.

Only a nuffy would struggle to understand this very basic concept

Yeah so my point is it shouldn't really even be that aspirational, hey. Hogan, Sicily, Zorko, Walker, Greene, De Goey, Papley, May - plenty of dickheads there that pretty much every club in the comp would have at their club.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ivan Soldo requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back