List Mgmt. Ivan Soldo requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently he's holidaying up on the Gold Coast.

That really was a train wreck piece of recruiting.
Am I being a complete nuff, or is there a world where he and Sweet weren’t aware of each others recruitment, and that they’d be competing for a ruck spot, until it was basically too late and the deals were done.

Seems weird to leave a club in search of a number one ruck spot, only to join another where you were going to run head on into another guy wanting the same thing.

Might explain why he’s gone scorched earth on the whole thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get why people are getting their backs up over this.... who gives a fk
We traded a first rounder to get this guy (and Ratugolea) and he's now decided to piss off while under contract because Sweet has gone past him and he possibly doesn't like the city.

**** him and the dickheads that orchestrated this shitshow.

I'm not fussed about this at all. We went all in on rucks to ensure ruck wasn't the disaster for us it had been in 2023. Soldo signed before he knew he'd have a competitor in Sweet. He played some pretty solid footy for us before Sweet got his chance and overtook him. We'll trade Soldo back at a slight loss, but it was worth ensuring we had cover.

What a disaster of a trade. Makes you question the due diligence of the club.
Easy to potshot the club, I’d suggest some blame could be tabled at his feet also

I'm not fussed about this at all. We went all in on rucks to ensure ruck wasn't the disaster for us it had been in 2023. Soldo signed before he knew he'd have a competitor in Sweet. He played some pretty solid footy for us before Sweet got his chance and overtook him. We'll trade Soldo back at a slight loss, but it was worth ensuring we had cover.
There was mention of Sweet making his way to Port well before the Soldo talk began.

There was mention of Sweet making his way to Port well before the Soldo talk began.

This is fine, but Soldo was signed before Sweet. He came over expecting to be 1st ruck, and he would be if we hadn't traded for Sweet as well.

I just don't see why we'd get angry with him for wanting to go back in this scenario

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Ivan Soldo requests trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back