Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Pick 5 and a swap of 3rd/4th round picks for Rankine was...

• Massive overs

• Moderate overs

• Slight overs

• Fair value

• Slight unders

• Moderate unders

• Massive unders

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The SANFL had it for a few years, but dropped it about 12-13 years ago.

From memory, Nathan Eagleton got sent off for two reports, and then one of the reports was subsequently withdrawn. The controversy around that lead the SANFL to drop the send off rule.
Shows how long I've been out of the state then :).

I still think perfect is the enemy of good here. There are very obvious cases where in my opinion a send-off is warranted. eg, violence to officials, or a strike to head or groin. It would change very little about the game other than having a few random thugs face consequences for their actions.

Don't let nicks waste his career.
Maybe that's why he only signed for 2 years? Give the club a chance to get their shit together, or get rid of Nicks. If neither have happened he may look elsewhere...

More likely due to his age though, next contact will be his big pay day to set him up for the rest of his career.

Maybe that's why he only signed for 2 years? Give the club a chance to get their shit together, or get rid of Nicks. If neither have happened he may look elsewhere...

More likely due to his age though, next contact will be his big pay day to set him up for the rest of his career.
OR... likes Nicks so much is conditional upon who is coach once Nicks leaves... Nicks also extended for two years... just sayin'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interesting that it was only for 2. Better than none though
It's probably in his interests to sign up for a shorter period, he'll be 27/28 when he's coming up for his next contract so should still be in his prime and would probably be looking for a 4-5 year deal then to take him into his 30's. Should still be playing at a high level, so would still be looking at a lucrative contract to keep him here.

Of course you always run this risk of doing a Doedee and tearing your ACL up just before you're due to sign, but Rankine doesn't have the injury history that Doods had to have that be as big of a risk.

Last edited:
Awesome. Wish it was 5 more years, but i'll take every game I can get of Izak Rankine!

In 2-3 years he could be anything!

Awesome. Wish it was 5 more years, but i'll take every game I can get of Izak Rankine!

In 2-3 years he could be anything!

I don’t think it’ll be that long.

His Collingwood and GWS games were as good as any individual performance I’ve seen this year.

Just needs consistent footy next year and he’ll be in the very top bracket of players.

I don’t think it’ll be that long.

His Collingwood and GWS games were as good as any individual performance I’ve seen this year.

Just needs consistent footy next year and he’ll be in the very top bracket of players.
It's pretty much us holding him back at the moment. He's elite, but we're not winning enough for it to count. If we can start winning regular games he'll be considered as one of the top guys.

It's pretty much us holding him back at the moment. He's elite, but we're not winning enough for it to count. If we can start winning regular games he'll be considered as one of the top guys.
Not to mention the fact we’ve looked pretty clearly slower around the ground without having him around stoppages

I'd say it's almost certainly the latter, he will know his next contract is the big one.

I doubt Nicks is here past mid next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Izak Rankine Part II - Welcome to Adelaide

Back