Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can someone please tell me WHY Pink had a contract extension clause in his contract???? Were other clubs circling him? What bargaining power did Pink have to demand that? Its dead set extraordinary. It really is.

But on Darling, he's always been a bit of a "Wild Child". Do we off him the captaincy for a year or 2 while Sheezel develops?
Pink triggered an extension for next season after playing 15 senior games in 2024

Can someone please tell me WHY Pink had a contract extension clause in his contract???? Were other clubs circling him? What bargaining power did Pink have to demand that? Its dead set extraordinary. It really is.

But on Darling, he's always been a bit of a "Wild Child". Do we off him the captaincy for a year or 2 while Sheezel develops?
Yeah that’s a Rawlings special

Putting a trigger in pink’s contract for no good reason. He should’ve been one and done

He’s tried to fix it here at least and brought in the immediate upgrade

1: why doesn’t he improve us?

He averaged more goals this year than teakle and pink (when played forward). More goals are better, yeah?

He tackles more inside 50 than pink and teakle and larkey combined. More tackles inside 50 is better yeah?

He subjectively makes other forwards better. Take and pink just get in the way of larkey.

I guy like darling will help I guy like Dursma. Darling keeps the pack grounded, while Dursma can come over the top.

As I’ve said numerous times, darling sacrificed his game against us by ensuring Comben couldn’t intercept. He also literally won west coast the game by spoiling Lmac.

2: yes, he’s taking up a list spot and can help us win. If he don’t take a list spot then he wouldn’t be on the list and couldn’t help us win. Thus inferior players that ave less goal, less tackles, less forward craft would play for us (teakle, pink, ccj).

3: that’s some future predicting, but if he’s not getting a kick and we are losing I can’t see clarko continually playing him just because he’s new. Stephens got dropped.

4: keeping others out of the team with more upside? LOL. Are we talking about north?
Logical rational thought doesn't apply here

I'm not keen on recruiting Darling but I'll have to trust our coaches and recruiters on this.

My other concern is that we'll continue to play too tall and slow, and hence our forward entries will continue to slingshot into the opposition's forward line.
Well if there’s one thing Darling can bring to our forward line it will be his ability to lay a tackle.

Carlton were filthy to lose Waite. WC are encouraging Darling to go. Can't compare.

Will do fine as a Pink replacement for 2 years.
Carlton were not filthy in letting Waite go. He was injury prone and they didn't want him. The venom against recruiting Waite was similar to Darling.

I don't know if Darling is the right choice and will work out like Waite who is one of my all time fav players.

But let's not rewrite history.

I’m neither excited nor angry, but I would have preferred to just give the 800,000+ to Parker as an extra to get him over the line.

Buy him a McLaren. A fishing boat with a tackle box full of hundreds. 160 Nederlander Kooikerhonje puppies. Whatever he’s into.
Girl Why Dont We Have Both GIF

Carlton were not filthy in letting Waite go. He was injury prone and they didn't want him. The venom against recruiting Waite was similar to Darling.

I don't know if Darling is the right choice and will work out like Waite who is one of my all time fav players.

But let's not rewrite history.
Disagree. I know people at Carlton and they were filthy about him leaving. Perhaps more about the compensation they got (nothing) but he was genuinely rated as a player that was making them better.

No way that WC think that about Darling.

That’s it! I just realised what it is.

Our shitfull last 5 years have finally broken good north people and turned them into ………….

Damo 😧
It's actually quite sad

And a reflection of society maybe , post covid....

I recall bigfooty, the North board from its inception in 2000 to 2016

Lots of spirited debate , opposition supporters would hang shit on us but we would defend the club to the hilt.

It wasn't sheep like the club can do no wrong , we would debate criticise, agree to disagree but stood by the club

Now it's just a cesspool of shit on this site.

If you went on the main board or opposition boards you could find and engage like this

But not here

Now it's just

Sad

This site is not good for a lot of people.

Disagree. I know people at Carlton and they were filthy about him leaving. Perhaps more about the compensation they got (nothing) but he was genuinely rated as a player that was making them better.

No way that WC think that about Darling.
Agree to disagree

A lot of my Carlton supporting mates were not fussed to see him go.

He was an enigma, would play 2 or 3 outstanding games a year but be shit or injured for the rest.

It would be like us losing say....Zurhaar albeit less injuries

Not a good example but could imagine Zurhaar being similarly rated down the track for us

Promised a lot but never delivered and then lose him as free agent for nothing.

Note not comparing Zurhaar as a similar style player as Waite but in terms if inegmatic performance over a 8-10 year period

It's actually quite sad

Lots of spirited debate , opposition supporters would hang shit on us but we would defend the club to the hilt.

It wasn't sheep like the club can do no wrong , we would debate criticise, agree to disagree but stood by the club

If you went on the main board or opposition boards you could find and engage like this

But not here

Now it's just

Sad

True. But I don’t blame them.

I’ve got season 2025 left in me. If we can’t win 6 games plus, I think I’ll be done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just know pick 64 will be an absolute 200 game gun
Pick 64 will be spent on some kid from Rural WA hidden under a NGA that had been excluded from playing Colts and instead been tearing up the Central Great Southern League for Tambellup kicking 100 goals and should have been a first rounder

It's actually quite sad

But not here

Now it's just

Sad

The last 5 years have broken a lot of good, strong North people. The good apples are still hanging in there though.

You just know pick 64 will be an absolute 200 game gun
I get that you’re probably being facetious but here are the last 10 years of pick 64:
2023 Reece Torrent
2022 No player taken
2021 Cooper Whyte
2020 No player taken
2019 Leo Connolly
2018 Lachlan Sholl
2017 Nick Shipley
2016 Dion Johnstone
2015 Yestin Eades
2014 No player taken

I can honestly say I don’t remember any of these players, it truly is a nothing pick. If we use it to buy some experience and leadership for a couple of years then it is worth a lot more to us than using it at the draft.

Pick 64 will be spent on some kid from Rural WA hidden under a NGA that had been excluded from playing Colts and instead been tearing up the Central Great Southern League for Tambellup kicking 100 goals and should have been a first rounder
The only two football-related people I know from Tambellup are Jeff Farmer and Richard Goyder. If we can get Jeff Farmer's football ability and Richard Goyder's bank balance, we'll be set for life.

The only two football-related people I know from Tambellup are Jeff Farmer and Richard Goyder. If we can get Jeff Farmer's football ability and Richard Goyder's bank balance, we'll be set for life.
The problem is, we will send that pick for a hypothetical player described above and get Jack Darling in return…

I’d literally rather get Jeff Farmer and Richard Goyder taped to a Tambellup Grain silo and stick that in our F50… it has as much leadership and goal scoring assistance

Edit: Tambellup is a nice place, please go there - not an add, just a fan

It's actually quite sad

But not here

Now it's just

Sad

Its a reflection of how shit we are on field (and were off field) and how hard it is to keep fronting up when we seem to see very little improvement. The last two games really knocked people around too.

Compare that to 2016 - we had beaten the AFLs attempt to kill us and halfway thru 2016 had been nearly unbeatable for a year with one of our favorite players about to break the all time games record. We are nowhere near that right now.

I don't agree with what posters are saying necessarily but I understand why they feel that way.

I get that you’re probably being facetious but here are the last 10 years of pick 64:
2023 Reece Torrent
2022 No player taken
2021 Cooper Whyte
2020 No player taken
2019 Leo Connolly
2018 Lachlan Sholl
2017 Nick Shipley
2016 Dion Johnstone
2015 Yestin Eades
2014 No player taken

I can honestly say I don’t remember any of these players, it truly is a nothing pick. If we use it to buy some experience and leadership for a couple of years then it is worth a lot more to us than using it at the draft.
💯 being facetious, but the way our luck has rolled the past 5 years it wouldn’t surprise me that they unearth a Mitch Lewis or something that we all go, “yeah, of course!”

💯 being facetious, but the way our luck has rolled the past 5 years it wouldn’t surprise me that they unearth a Mitch Lewis or something that we all go, “yeah, of course!”
I guess it doesn’t really matter as we are giving away a pick we wouldn’t have used anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back