Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

I've supported North since sometime around 1969. I remember when people thought that Sam Kekovich would be the messiah, grieving with all of North when his brother died when run over when training along a road. I remember when the 10 year rule came in, and seemingly we had an endless supply of brown paper bags; Royce Hart killing us in the '74 grand final, and so on.

The good moments are grand, the bad moments are awful. Like most supporters, we try to be optimistic and hope the wheel will turn. And like cockroaches, we persevere.
Yes slammin Sam Kekovich my first footy jumper had his no 4. I can also remember the death of his brother. Let's hope that we have some more good times in the near future.

This west coast supporter said darling

Really really good at leading patterns that keep space for the main F50 target, throws in lots of dummy leads to space and is a good enough goalkicker that defenders can't just leave him. Not a big ego about him whatsoever, has made those around him better - and while Teakle/Pink don't seem to have egos at all either and am sure would be happy playing that role they're probably still working their own games out at AFL level - Darling would do all this like clockwork.

Personally I find it hard to reconcile a guy that spent a whole game jumping into comben so that Allan could take marks and kicks goals as being selfish
When he and Kennedy were in the same team he played more of a 2nd forward role and you would hardly ever see both Darling and Kennedy clashing in mid air for marks unlike our tall forwards. it we could train Teakle to play back, freeing up Comben to play forward and telling Comben not to compete for marks with the other talls then having Darling, Comben and Larkey up forward would work for me ..

I just had lunch with Clarko and a former ex-president of ours I’m generally the last one to post this sort of stuff when it arises as I don’t like to big note, so take it for what it is.

Given the events at the moment:

“We aren’t recruiting him for experience or leadership, we are recruiting him because the lad knows how to prepare himself and has proven that over 280 games and we think he’s got 2-3 year left of good footy left in him”

I put forward my displeasure.

Parker - Hopeful.

Konstanty - if Sydney want rid of him (im not hopeful given the read of his reaction to his name)

Last edited:
I just had lunch with Clarko and a former ex-president of ours I’m generally the last one to post this sort of stuff when it arises as I don’t like to big note, so take it for what it is.

“We aren’t recruiting him for experience or leadership, we are recruiting him because the lad can prepare himself and we think he’s got 2-3 year left of good footy left in him”

Parker - Hopeful.

Konstanty - if Sydney want rid of him.

Did you point to the Chicken Parmigiana on the menu and ask Clarko ‘what do you call this?’

“We aren’t recruiting him for experience or leadership, we are recruiting him because the lad can prepare himself and we think he’s got 2-3 year left of good footy left in him”

Parker - Hopeful.

Correct. :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happen to know a few people in footy over here. You can believe what they are telling me, or not. Up to you. :)

David Swallow still a chance ... we do need experience.

Parker - Hopeful.

Don’t believe it.

Any sane person would have attacked him with a fork, and then tackled to the ground by the waiters and said ex-president for allowing Luke McDonald and Jy captaincy.

Nice try though.

Parker - Hopeful.

Did he ask you for your opinion on any potential draftees?

Parker - Hopeful.

Funny you should say that because I had coffee with Clarko and our current President, takeaway coffee off course but that's a whole other conversation. I was going to bring up the lack of a coffee cart but I got caught up with Clarko telling me why the club has brought in Darling and it's because of his "experience & leadership"

Funny you should say that because I had coffee with Clarko and our current President, takeaway coffee off course but that's a whole other conversation. I was going to bring up the lack of a coffee cart but I got caught up with Clarko telling me why the club has brought in Darling and it's because of his "experience & leadership"
I had breakfast with clarko and list manager this morning and gave him the all clear

Busy boy clarko today

If we say the end point is pick 64, and West Coast say that's the starting point. Walk away.

We're taking 800k and a list spot off their books for a bloke with 300 games on his rig. We're doing them a favour, not the other way around.

Parker - Hopeful.

I believe you because you used the word “lad”

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back