Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Respecting legal battles is important, but so is respecting privacy. If this information about their plans was discussed in confidence, sharing it without consent breaches their right to privacy, regardless of the public setting or the forum.

If they had intended to disclose their future plans, they would have done so themself. Being supporters of the club does not entitle us to access private conversations or strategic decisions that haven’t been made public.

Furthermore, what is the 'public interest' here? Sharing confidential information can harm the trust and integrity within the club. Instead of helping the club or its supporters, revealing such details can create unnecessary speculation. How would you feel as a coach if every discussion you had in private could be leaked? What actionable benefit does this bring to the club or its supporters? Privacy should not be sacrificed for the sake of gossip and it increases the risk of decreased transparency in the future.

Just my opinion from someone who regularly works with sensitive information

What have I leaked?

Jack Darling is being recruited? We are hopeful of Luke Parker? Essendon made an offer for his services (public knowledge) and Clarko wishes to make the club completive absolutely immediately.

The rest are my own opinions and observations.

I haven't leaked anything further other than my opinion on Konstanty. Again, public knowledge on here within the last week.

(I acknowledge Wells is far more likely to find some bloke playing for Grovedale thirds and draft him with #64, then develop him into a 4x AA half back who plays 318 games but never leaves the greater Geelong city limits, than Brady is to do anything good with the pick)
Can I politely just say that pick 63 last season is now Geelong's regular defender Lawson Humphries? So there are gems late in the draft. In any case Darling's not a bad option, he's not especially old for a KP forward and he's a Premiership player, so he could well impart some handy knowledge to North's younger players, and also be a big body to make a few walk taller.

What have I leaked?

Jack Darling is being recruited? We are hopeful of Luke Parker? Essendon made an offer for his services (public knowledge) and Clarko wishes to make the club completive absolutely immediately.

The rest are my own opinions and observations.

I haven't leaked anything further other than my opinion on Konstanty. Again, public knowledge on here within the last week.
Great insight thanks for sharing. I’m sure you could have provided more intimate details but I agree nothing you’ve said is overly groundbreaking.

There are a number of voices contributing to list management strategy so hopefully we remain balanced with an eye to the long term despite Clarksons intent on winning now, which I’m sure aligns with alot of supporters. We needed him more than he needed us, and if he hands over the keys to another coach as we’re knocking on the door of the 8 than so be it. From my perspective it always felt like it was headed that way from the start.

Gut feeling on Parker based on response?

Great insight thanks for sharing. I’m sure you could have provided more intimate details but I agree nothing you’ve said is overly groundbreaking.

There are a number of voices contributing to list management strategy so hopefully we remain balanced with an eye to the long term despite Clarksons intent on winning now, which I’m sure aligns with alot of supporters. We needed him more than he needed us, and if he hands over the keys to another coach as we’re knocking on the door of the 8 than so be it. From my perspective it always felt like it was headed that way from the start.

Gut feeling on Parker based on response?

My gut feeling is Parker will be playing for North next year.

He better be! I've already made a beer bet on it with a mate at the pub a week back lol.

Respecting legal battles is important, but so is respecting privacy. If this information about their plans was discussed in confidence, sharing it without consent breaches their right to privacy, regardless of the public setting or the forum.

If they had intended to disclose their future plans, they would have done so themself. Being supporters of the club does not entitle us to access private conversations or strategic decisions that haven’t been made public.

Furthermore, what is the 'public interest' here? Sharing confidential information can harm the trust and integrity within the club. Instead of helping the club or its supporters, revealing such details can create unnecessary speculation. How would you feel as a coach if every discussion you had in private could be leaked? What actionable benefit does this bring to the club or its supporters? Privacy should not be sacrificed for the sake of gossip and it increases the risk of decreased transparency in the future.

Just my opinion from someone who regularly works with sensitive information
It's football, not the nuclear code.

I’m heartened that there is a desperation to improve the team quickly.

3 wins a year isn’t competitive.

We are running out of years where so few wins can be sustained financially. We’ve surly already done better than we thought we could.

I can see the future first for huston criticism. But I don’t think he’ll come
To north so it’s irrelevant.

Darling and Parker will be great additions however.

I said the following in the 2024/2025 preseason Wishlist thread

So to start with, I’d like an acknowledgement from the club about how 2025 could be the most important season in the club’s history. Or as important as all the other seasons we have staved off execution.

Clarko says “we’ve seen clubs spend a few years at the bottom and rise back up and win a flag”

NO

We have seen the NMFC produce the worst 5 seasons in afl history and maybe vfl history as well.

It’s not business as usual. It’s not “she’ll be right mate”, it’s not we’ll be great in the future.

It’s now. It’s crisis point now.

Sonja, can the club survive with 20k members dropping off? With Mazda dropping off. With young players asking for a trade?

So first step, acknowledge how important reasonable improvement is for next year.

So maybe your worry that we will be making some short term decisions instead of looking at the long term is what is giving me some hope.

I also mentioned in the clarko thread how I was buoyed by his b&f comments about his responsibility to get wins on the board now.

I’m not sure how much damage he could do making some short term decisions when things are currently at emergency levels

I don't think Jack Darling will be the answer to our troubles but he will help with Larkey's ability to get separation and shots on goal. We are still working really hard to score and it tires us more when our forwards do not get separation from their opponent.

If Parker comes over as well that will give the midfield some confidence in terms of setting up the play. We seemed to be quite hesitant to will the ball forward due to a combination of poor skills and poor leadership.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back