Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

He won't have a Jarrad Waite impact.

He's just there to give Larkey some support and drag the intercept defender away.

We've been quite reliant on ground balls ending up in our hands and getting lucky with some of our entries which is not sustainable.

I guess one positive to this is we get to find out if Nick Larkey can actually work with a proper second KPF.

He jumps on the consensus point of view. You’d have to be a complete moron to think this is a good thinh for the kangas. If we got their second rounder off them for their salary dump, I may accept it. Its just a deal then.
You're very entertaining Duckster, but what I don't get with you and the other posters who are up to their 35th post about how bad the move is, is why do you feel the need to keep repeating it?

I mean, it's pretty clear he's coming, it's pretty clear what your opinion is, isn't there just a small part of you that thinks "maybe this will actually work out ok and I can probably relax for 6 or 7 months until we find out if I'm right or not."?

I guess one positive to this is we get to find out if Nick Larkey can actually work with a proper second KPF.
Nick Larkey has a fair amount of the Jack Reiwoldts about him. Doesnt work hard enough, sooks it up and throws the toys out of the cot. Probably should be removed from the leadership group

You're very entertaining Duckster, but what I don't get with you and the other posters who are up to their 35th post about how bad the move is, is why do you feel the need to keep repeating it?

I mean, it's pretty clear he's coming, it's pretty clear what your opinion is, isn't there just a small part of you that thinks "maybe this will actually work out ok and I can probably relax for 6 or 7 months until we find out if I'm right or not."?
Therapy

Orange Peanut I have had one football knowledgable mate attempt to convince me its a “great” move. Saying it will 100% be awesome for Larkey to be freed up. I just dont see it.

Our issues aren’t “we need to free up Larkey” its our delivery inside 50 and out breakdown defensively from half forward to half back.

Have a look, if you are watching how Sydney deliver the ball inside 50. Our delivery is so ****ing poor inside 50, our game plan entries were to have players leading away from the ball.

That move is deliberate, thats a deliberate play because our onballerd cant ****ing kick. Simpkin cant hit a lead, LDU cant hit a lead, Wardlaw cant hit a lead, phillips can but he isnt fit enough.

Help for Larkey isn’t the answer. Sport psychiatrists for our midfielders might though.

Orange Peanut I have had one football knowledgable mate attempt to convince me its a “great” move. Saying it will 100% be awesome for Larkey to be freed up. I just dont see it.

Our issues aren’t “we need to free up Larkey” its our delivery inside 50 and out breakdown defensively from half forward to half back.

Have a look, if you are watching how Sydney deliver the ball inside 50. Our delivery is so ****ing poor inside 50, our game plan entries were to have players leading away from the ball.

That move is deliberate, thats a deliberate play because our onballerd cant ****ing kick. Simpkin cant hit a lead, LDU cant hit a lead, Wardlaw cant hit a lead, phillips can but he isnt fit enough.

Help for Larkey isn’t the answer. Sport psychiatrists for our midfielders might though.
Fair assessment of our mids there.
Hopefully it's just being young and rushed.
Ldu and simpkin have bad habits.
They've learnt off bomb it long jz.
We have some entrenched bad habits that will be hard to fix.

Lmac is another big fan of the bomb.

Saying it will 100% be awesome for Larkey to be freed up. I just dont see it.

Brother. What.

You're pleased with Larkey being capital G Gangbanged every time the ball goes down there because Zurhaar.is scratching his balls 60 from goal?

Sheezel et al can deliver to forwards just fine. I'll say it'd look a lot better if LDU, Jy, Wardlaw etc weren't just dumping it onto Larkey's head because nobody.is leading and all the defenders have folded back onto him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough but I think someone with the experience to break up the way our forwards "present" would change the dynamic of our f50 entries simply because the mids would have genuine alternatives.
I agree our forwards aren't the only problem we have when attacking, but I do think they are part of it.

We're allowed to add more than one player, though. It seems like your criticising this move based on it not solving all of our problems.

If we were putting all of our eggs in this basket then it would be fair enough. But this is just a little fringe move to hopefully upgrade Pink's spot.

Does it matter? Gotta pay somebody, although admittedly I'd just give it all to Sheez or George who give 100% every week
How could we reward players that year on year fail the club with their efforts?

I would rather reward a mercenary at this point who could potentially shift the dial ever so slightly.

The swans forwards spread like all buggery on the counter attack, while zurhaars and larkey usually run in a straight line back to the goal square going for a 60m precision kick over the top.

The bull case for Darling would be presenting hard up the wings in transition, which he can do provided his body isn't cooked.

We haven't had a player that can do that effectively since the Dish (with support from Ben Brown and Waite, both of whom could work up the wings).

The swans forwards spread like all buggery on the counter attack, while zurhaars and larkey usually run in a straight line back to the goal square going for a 60m precision kick over the top.

The bull case for Darling would be presenting hard up the wings in transition, which he can do provided his body isn't cooked.

We haven't had a player that can do that effectively since the Dish (with support from Ben Brown and Waite, both of whom could work up the wings).
He’s ****ing done though. Presenting up the wings like a 300 game banged up player yeh? Awesome! Be as good as CCJ

Our best forwards in 2024 at actually leading consistently to the ball would probably be:

1. Teakle
2. Ford
3. Taylor
4. Comben

Just let that ruminate for a bit.

I don't know if it will be a good, bad or a nothing move. All I know is that it is going to happen so what I think or feel isn't going to matter.

I don't think it will free up Larkey, but our forward line is dysfunctional at times, we go Larkey too much and the opposition sag off other forwards who have zero presence and congest Larkey's space.

I agree with this that it is our biggest issue, but it isn't our only issue imo.

Yeah, our connection between the midfield and the forward line quite often is poor but in a lot of our games we have decent connection, are playing well and then things go to shit, for numerous reasons, but it is not like we are always dog shit.

All I know is the best 18 we put on the park just isn't good enough to win many games, at the moment, and we aren't getting much leadership from Larkey and Zurhaar, especially when the chips are down.

I think we need a big bodied inside mid more than we need someone like Darling but it is what it is...

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back