Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post 5 times a day about how pissed you are about the decision.

Stand on the fence and boo 5 times a Quarter while cutting a slice off your Membership and waving it back up to Clarko in the Box?
Shoulder Shrug Idk GIF by MOODMAN

Thing is our forwards are ****ing lazy. Everytime the midfield look up, no one leads, no one creates space, so they just dump it in and hope for the best

Darling if anything knows what a functioning forward line looks like and seems to work hard

He isn’t going to make a huge impact on the scoreboard. I think just by having an experienced veteran up there will make the group stand a bit taller?

He isn’t going to make a huge impact on the scoreboard. I think just by having an experienced veteran up there will make the group stand a bit taller?
If 2 years of coaching hasn't changed that, then they have to try something.

I think Darling isn't a shade of his old self, but if his job is to just lead, chase, and yell at the bludgers sharing a forwardline with him to do the same... it might pay off. On the other end of the spectrum I don't think the worst case scenario is that bad (assuming we haven't gone coco for cocopuffs and offered him 3 years or something).

I suspect our recruitment of him is more an indictment on our current forwards, and the fact that we aren't an attractive destination for other players, than it is on the recruiters themselves (although if you want to say the REASON we need an experience forward is their fault then go ahead). We wouldn't have identified Darling as our number one forward target, the names on the list before him would have just hung up the phone on us when we came ringing or something to that effect.

Thing is our forwards are ****ing lazy. Everytime the midfield look up, no one leads, no one creates space, so they just dump it in and hope for the best

Darling if anything knows what a functioning forward line looks like and seems to work hard

He will at least provide an aerial contest and also chase and apply tackle pressure inside 50

2 key things we lack he provides, and the goals are a bonus

Listening to ABC Radio this afternoon and Mick Malthouse and Luke Ball slammed the Darling trade

MM was particularly pointed

Was on around 1:55pm giantroo if you can be stuffed
As opposed to giving Daisy Thomas and his busted ankle a 5 year big money deal and letting Eddie Betts go at the same time?

Betts only kicked another 350 goals, Mick.

It’s right at the end

MM “terrible, absolutely terrible the last 2-3 years”…”poor decision”

I think this is similar to the Tom Lynch recruitment, came on the list to give some on-field support and to transition into coaching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back