Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Mick “mercenary” Malthouse…nah him giving his pointed views is as bout as interesting as a fart in a bottle.
I Am a firm believer that it’s was his gifted players not his iq that got those premierships. Couldn’t do a darn thing at the blues…even with all their draft concessions. He reminds me a lot of that pompous fellow who’s team shot themselves in the foot repeatedly last night …even after a week off.

Tend to think this…if it’s making a hasbeen like mick getting cranky..sweet…that’s one win already and he hasn’t even got out on the ground yet. Triggered much 😂😂.
Look lm still not jumping hooray…but lm have my own expectations of what l want Jack to do…and while he’s in a north jumper I’ll happily swat back at people until he gives me a reason not to.
However lm sure if we look back at super Dooper mighty micky’s clubs (and his gracious behaviour of stepping aside for Nathan ) and their appointments there’s bound to be a few dubious duds…glasshouses and short memories…but l guess l should be kind…he is a senior after all. 😂
Paul Roos clone.

Darling coming over reminds me of Levi Casboult going to Suns.

Wasn't there to turn them into a prem side, just to protect the younger kids, and straighten up the forward line.

Our lack of skills moving the ball through HB -> HF make it pretty difficult for our forwards.

We very rarely run a clean ‘training drill’ on game day.

Watching the whole field live from the ground, you often see Larkey and Zurhaar getting separation early as we’re bringing it forward, only for fumbles and missed kicks / dropped marks / half intercepted handballs that we recover - evening their contests and neither are great contested/pack marks. Both then end up calling for long bombs or hoping they can get it over the top and out the back.

If Darling is any better at reading the play ahead and hits the right spots at the right time, and is more willing to make multiple leads, and also to block for the others, then I’m guessing Sheez and Kerch will put it on his chest plenty throughout the year.

Darling coming over isn't fan inspiring stuff, but to say the collective frustration is disproportionate would be a massive understatement.

This isn't a Dylan Stephens/CCJ type signing either. If he signs for more than 2 than I'll get it.

People need to wait until the dust settles post trade/draft period before losing their shit (again).

Darling coming over isn't fan inspiring stuff, but to say the collective frustration is disproportionate would be a massive understatement.

This isn't a Dylan Stephens/CCJ type signing either. If he signs for more than 2 than I'll get it.

People need to wait until the dust settles post trade/draft period before losing their shit (again).

I think it’s the combination of

- having heaps of younger better 500+ goal kickers in the vfl he will be holding back

- the high draft capital cost we are giving up. Pick 64 could be used a thousand different ways, or just draft a Brownlow medalist with it ffs

- finishing 12th in a best and fairest and only being able to out perform 2/3s of our forwards this year shows he’s “kooked”

- 2 years with a trigger???? Unbelievable. If he was committed he would have come over for a contract that saw fans being able to vote him out of the team each week survivor style

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back