Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't say that definitively on either counts. Logan working up and down the wings is exactly what we need, he might’ve thrived. I wouldn't think Teakle or Darling would be good for 40 goals at Sydney.
Absolute rubbish from you, your phillips agenda is mind blowing. Mcdonald takes less than 1 contested grab a game and about 4 uncontested marks a game. The campaigner is hit lace out by players that can kick the ball. We have NONE, NO ONE. He’d be running around taking no marks up the wing, he has the agility of a train, he kicks joe the goose goals, he cant kick a set shot to win games. He’s a shit truck. He’d be on 400k a season and would have been off back home if he played for us.

If you call phillips shit, so is this *******

Absolute rubbish from you, your phillips agenda is mind blowing. Mcdonald takes less than 1 contested grab a game and about 4 uncontested marks a game. The campaigner is hit lace out by players that can kick the ball. We have NONE, NO ONE. He’d be running around taking no marks up the wing, he has the agility of a train, he kicks joe the goose goals, he cant kick a set shot to win games. He’s a shit truck. He’d be on 400k a season and would have been off back home if he played for us.

If you call phillips shit, so is this *******
We'll see who has the better career.

All players perform better when they know their role.

Exhibit A is how the Dogs went from absolute basket case in 2014 to premiers two years later, with plenty of hacks.

On the other side of this, why were Dumont and Durdin not good enough for us but picked up games in better teams? Why did Polec fall over after leaving Port?
Polec didn't really fall over till round 8 2020.

Amazing how many best 22 players at successful clubs are somehow worse than our players
That's genuinely how a good system works. Player worth in isolation is different to a team system. Amartey(43 goals) would be significantly worse than Larkey for us imo. Ah Chee, Brisbane's most important player this finals series, would have a Zurhaar-level impact. Blokes at Geelong like Zach Guthrie, Humphries and Kolodjashnij would struggle.

That's genuinely how a good system works. Player worth in isolation is different to a team system. Amartey(43 goals) would be significantly worse than Larkey for us imo. Ah Chee, Brisbane's most important player this finals series, would have a Zurhaar-level impact. Blokes at Geelong like Zach Guthrie, Humphries and Kolodjashnij would struggle.

That's all well and good, but to use it as a criticism of a player is nonsense (and in the case of McDonald, it's a coping mechanism)

Malthouse is senile. If he thinks it’s a bad idea then I’m backing Darling in for an AA guernsey
I might be senile but reading about Jack Lukosius makes Darling sound like a good deal.

Lukosius is reported to be on 1.9M over the next 2 seasons and is getting a 6 year deal. GC "expect a F1" from Port. His season was on a par with Darling, so marinating nicely given he is too young to be cooked.

I might be senile but reading about Jack Lukosius makes Darling sound like a good deal.

Lukosius is reported to be on 1.9M over the next 2 seasons and is getting a 6 year deal. GC "expect a F1" from Port. His season was on a par with Darling, so marinating nicely given he is too young to be cooked.

In what way was Darling "on par" with Lukosius this year?

In what way was Darling "on par" with Lukosius this year?
Leaving aside the obvious age difference, they kicked the same number of goals; darling had more than twice the tackle count, more contested marks, more marks I50, more tackles I50; playing a bit more up the ground, Lukosius had more metres gained, more inside 50s, more rebound 50s. They both did some ruck work, Darling in the centre, Lukosius at stoppage

depends what metric you like to use to judge equivalence

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I hate this move but I do have to tell myself that he's replacing deadwood. Personally I'd replace deadwood with someone less dessicated than 2025 Jack Darling but there's a small chance we get slightly more out of our 46th player. #optimism

West Coast will trade Jack Darling to North Melbourne when the gates open next Monday, with pick 64 expected to be tabled by the Roos to get the deal done.

Darling will join on a two-year deal with a games trigger for a third season. – Callum Twomey

Clubs consider Clarry play, Giants explore Bomber interest, Giant calls coming - https://www.afl.com.au/news/1235642

If he's as shit as everyone claims he is, he won't go near hitting the trigger.

If he does, we've probably finished bottom four another two years running and we'll be begging for death anyway.

Little did you know FG the trigger was just 2 games
If the trigger for a third season is to play one game in each of the other two seasons, Brady needs rooting with a pineapple.

But it won't be that so no pineapples have to be harmed.

If the trigger for a third season is to play one game in each of the other two seasons, Brady needs rooting with a pineapple.

But it won't be that so no pineapples have to be harmed.
Let’s hope it’s at the very least a 35 game trigger

Any less doesn’t warrant a 3rd year

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back