Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trigger is dumb dumb no matter how we spin it. I hope its addition didn't involve insistence from Darling and that we're just incompetent. Incompetent is expected, but incompetent and spineless is tragic
But you have no idea what the trigger clause is

It might be play 20 games , 50 goals preseason, top 10 IN B&F

Or it might not be

Talk about shouting at clouds

More importantly what is simmo doing next year

Bring him home
Dunno his personal situation with kids in school etc, or if he wants to stay in Perth for a bit, but if he was to decide to stay in Perth, and take some time out to figure out what he wants to do next, I'd at least approach him about doing some scouting of the juniors and WAFL next season.

Well, I think the club has taken or will take a huge risk in using Pick 64 on Jack Darling. Look at this list of absolute out and out champions selected at Pick 64 in the last 10 drafts. How could our club act so foolishly?

2023 Reece Torrent

2022 No pick

2021 Cooper Whyte

2020 No Pick

2019 Leo Connolly

2018 Lachlan Sholl

2017 Nick Shipley

2016 Dion Johnstone

2015 Yestin Eades

2014 GC Passed, next pick Josh Watts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^its now pick 67

Who cares. Pretty sure Pick 67 would have thrown up just as many "wonderful" players and I sure as hell am not going to waste some more time going through the last 10 drafts to write down names of blokes, who mostly I have never heard of.

Who cares. Pretty sure Pick 67 would have thrown up just as many "wonderful" players and I sure as hell am not going to waste some more time going through the last 10 drafts to write down names of blokes, who mostly I have never heard of.
The point is it’s even better of a deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back