Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pink is on bare bones minimum wages. If rumours are true and its a 2 year deal on 800k and then 500k.. how do you think others feel about this? Same as dyl stephens. Thats culture crippling.
F*cking shame that a guy that is “cooked” is being brought into the team on decent but average coin to basically provide a structure, mentor and teach the forwards how to lead and create space.

Pink was rubbish this year. Like truely terrible. But at the same time, he helped lift up the battens, rafters and joints of our crumbling and meagre HF line.

The fact that Darling can actually kick confidently for goal is a bonus. Do you remember how fraught the prospect of Pink kicking for goal was this year? We get so few inside 50s that wasting any attempts at goal playing non-forwards as forwards is not a strategy I want the team to continue with.

Last edited:
F*cking shame that a guy that is “cooked” is being brought into the team on decent but average coin go basically provide a structure, mentor and teach the forwards how to lead and create space.

Pink was rubbish this year. Like truely terrible. But at the same time, he helped lift up the battens, rafters and joints of our crumbling and meagre HF line.

The fact that Darling can actually kick confidently for goal is a bonus. Do you remember how fraught the prospect of Pink kicking for goal was this year? We get so few inside 50s that wasting any attempts at goal playing non-forwards as forwards.
Very indicative of the sheer neglect we showed for years. At one stage we litteraly bet the farm on chom being the saviour with an outside bet on Edwards.

Then there we traded CCJ on a ridiculous deal followed by pot shots pink , sellers and teakle . I cant even recall if we have seriousely looked at anyone in the main draft since souva as a kpf?

At least at the same time we were actively looking to address the small forwards drought since LT with mahony, narrier and spicer. just a pity they were all busts.

We really dont do this list management stuff very well so we.

Donald!! Welcome to the darling thread, Hows ya son, happy meal going? Ruffling some hair? Smiling as he turns a ball over? You know who would be fun at parties, Luke McDonald.. he’d come up with all sorts of childish juvenile games like, RooLotto pfff
Likely McDonald might be asking him the tough hard questions like Jack if we play the Eagles or Dockers in WA before the bye next year do you know a good social spot for the players and wife’s/Girlfriends to go too and McDonald would be saying is there a Arthur Seat or Wobbieworld to visit for a fun day out .
Then on the way back we can visit a 4 Star restaurant for dinner like Hungry Jacks.

Pink is on bare bones minimum wages. If rumours are true and its a 2 year deal on 800k and then 500k.. how do you think others feel about this? Same as dyl stephens. Thats culture crippling.
F me mate. We had Toby fking pink as a CHF this year….. who was drafted as a defender and couldn’t defend a soft lettuce leaf so they had no option other than to swing him forward as a target, as bare the minimum. We are getting a 300 game 500 goal, premiership winning player for a bag of chips. We aren’t anywhere near breaching the salary cap and we certainly aren’t giving up a first round pick for him. I don’t understand how we lose this trade? If he plays and he keeps someone out of the side, then that’s on them and showing they’re not at AFL standard. Our senior players have no leadership qualities at all and we are targeting those from across the league who do. Regardless if they’re in their prime or not. FFS stop whinging and trashing the thread

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack ****ing Darling, we've well and truly entered our 60 year premiership drought now.
My best mate (Eagle member) just txt me with the article about him doing a medical with us and said WTF is your mob thinking?..

Oh well..

Maybe they’ll give us pick 3 to take him off their hands..

Last edited:
**** me North, you're making it hard, real hard....
Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

Tom Lynch looks to be just about done. He has played 4 games in each of the last 2 seasons.
He also plays a very similar role as Larkey.
Darling plays a higher role, with Josh Kennedy playing deep in their prime.
Darling has always been a great relief option coming out of the backline with long leads up to wing or half back to take a mark.
Whilst Darling also looks to be past it, he & Lynch are different players & IMO we have been crying out for a ‘Darling type’ to play this role.
Lynch may also not want to come or Richmond don’t want to trade him.
I see the difference. I guess the reason I like Lynch is his proven leadership ability rather than his immediate impact on the field.

I also think that Tom Lynch immediately gets a lot of attention which helps Larkey.

However as you noted, there’s many reasons that Lynch may not be a possibility.

In two minds about Darling.

Eagles won't play hardball? They should be paying us to take him.

Honestly, this does not excite me at all BUT we have complained all year about forward-line structure. He has complemented other players his whole career, hopefully he can do it here as well.

General consensus on the weagles board seems to be "Get him gone" and willing to trade him out for **** all, or a pick around 60 if they pay half his salary.

Lol. Eagles won't play hard ball if we take on his 2025 salary.

They'll be too busy punching the air and chortling at our stupidity if we did that.

Iirc - one Club - who shall remain nameless but is playing next week - were handed pick 7 to take a salary dump.
If Wet Toast gave up pick 23 and we took his salary. I’d come around. 800k for pick 23? Thats not too bad, especially in this drafr

Tom Lynch looks to be just about done. He has played 4 games in each of the last 2 seasons.
He also plays a very similar role as Larkey.
Darling plays a higher role, with Josh Kennedy playing deep in their prime.
Darling has always been a great relief option coming out of the backline with long leads up to wing or half back to take a mark.
Whilst Darling also looks to be past it, he & Lynch are different players & IMO we have been crying out for a ‘Darling type’ to play this role.
Lynch may also not want to come or Richmond don’t want to trade him.
Gives Colby someone to hit up …

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back