Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Darling is finished as an AFL footballer.
His legs are gone.

It’s just embarrassing how we are so desperate for another tall so list management goes out and gets a bloke in on a 2 year deal who will offer very minimal output.

Take out Larkey.
Is he better than:

Darling > CCJ
Darling > Pink
Darling > Sellers
Darling > Teakle
Darling > Maley

Teakle straightened us up this year and Maley showed promise in the VFL. But that’s it. Pink is a stopgap and the other 2 should be delisted.

It’s makes sense to land Darling but then wtf have we been doing for the past 4 drafts and finding support for Larkey since we drafted him in 2016 ffs

His legs are gone.

It’s just embarrassing how we are so desperate for another tall so list management goes out and gets a bloke in on a 2 year deal who will offer very minimal output.

Take out Larkey.
Is he better than:

Darling > CCJ
Darling > Pink
Darling > Sellers
Darling > Teakle
Darling > Maley

Teakle straightened us up this year and Maley showed promise in the VFL. But that’s it. Pink is a stopgap and the other 2 should be delisted.

It’s makes sense to land Darling but then wtf have we been doing for the past 4 drafts and finding support for Larkey since we drafted him in 2016 ffs
It’s deadset insanity.

As ZondorOnipDevilFishArtichoke would say, we’ve been too busy giving head to ourselves.

It's a breathtaking list of mediocre talls we're compiling. Is Laidley's land of the giants all over again?
The haters said we wouldn't be successful building from the midfield first. And they were right. Honestly, good call by the haters.

Waite 2014 v Darling 2024

14.4 possessions pg
6.3 marks pg
1.8 goals pg

10 possessions pg
3.2 marks pg
1 goal pg

Darling averaged 1.1 goals per game and no one is expecting anywhere near the output Waite gave us. He will be in a far worse team too.
His legs are gone.

Take out Larkey.
Is he better than:

Darling > CCJ
Darling > Pink
Darling > Sellers
Darling > Teakle
Darling > Maley

Summed up perfect.

People are rightfully getting emotive we are where we are and even considering this.
What I’m saying is we are we are and this is our best option available.
If Larkey keeps getting triple teamed, he will want out too.

Darling averaged 1.1 goals per game and no one is expecting anywhere near the output Waite gave us. He will be in a far worse team too.

Summed up perfect.

People are rightfully getting emotive we are where we are and even considering this.
What I’m saying is we are we are and this is our best option available.
If Larkey keeps getting triple teamed, he will want out too.
It's 1 rounded down from under 1.05. Either way my point is his age is irrelevant, it's the output that's the concern.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should go for Cameron or Hogan but this will have to do. He might rediscover his 2019 form with our elite program.
Training alongside Stephens and CCJ will do wonders and I reckon the coffee with Lmac and Jy would have him reminiscing about 2018.
Exciting times.
What number does he get you reckon? 49? I haven’t been this inspired since Aaron Mullet arrived.

Arrested Development Crying GIF by HULU

I don't really understand why people are so against this. Our list profile is extremely young and they want an older head around the club to mentor young players and maybe play a few games if necessary, if we're not giving up picks and he's not really on any significant wage, what's the problem? He's taking up a list spot that we would've used on some state league tree with concrete hands who's off the list in a year anyway?

I don't really understand why people are so against this. Our list profile is extremely young and they want an older head around the club to mentor young players and maybe play a few games if necessary, if we're not giving up picks and he's not really on any significant wage, what's the problem? He's taking up a list spot that we would've used on some state league tree with concrete hands who's off the list in a year anyway?
You wouldn’t call 800k a significant wage?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Jack Darling - has officially requested to be traded to NM on a two-year deal. Pick 64 is expected to be tabled.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back