Player Watch Jack Frost (Traded to Lions 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Frost's problem is we've already got our Presti
View attachment 233443
And this is the crux of it.

Frosty isn't as bad as his being made out to be but his biggest downfall Rambo is slightly better in every sense and we can't afford to carry 2 backmen of a similar non-attacking mould.

Brown is our modern-day Presti, ...

Fair enough, but I'd classify Brown as a bit more versatile.

... yet even he has admitted that the defender of 2016 has to be able to attack as well as defend his man.

Absolutely, that's what I've been arguing!

2017- Brown, Reid, Keeffee, Frost.

What is our best outcome going forward? Frost is a better defender than Keeffee, but Keeffee is surer with ball in hand.

In the last exciting episode, Keeffe had become superfluous to requirements in defence (having Reid, Brown, Frost, Marsh), and moved to the forward line.

Keeffe started forward (was poor) - got moved back - got moved forward. I can't see him being moved back again.

What is the best Keeffee or Frost can get us in a trade?

Frost is three years younger than Reid and Brown.

Reid has played only 10 games of footy since Davoren came to the club.

Brown has hardly been durable - he's 27 years old yet only played 116 games.

What do we do against teams who have third talls in their forward line? Marsh perhaps, but who is backup?

We don't just pump 46 games into a young player (20 games last year, 22 games the year before) just to then discard them.

IMHO trading Frost would be a folly.

I like Frost, but he seems mentally weak. when he starts to get beaten he goes to water and gets smashed.... When his confidence is high he looks great. As others have said some blame must go on the midfield. Tackling has been very poor. It's all about pressure and contested balls. Our best back like would have Possum eyes and Frost for me. Cloke should be playing on a wing with Marsh who is not a natural man on man defender. I would also like to see Cox playing and never see Jessie White ever again........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are you going on about?

Didn't realise Goldsack was short.

But he has a matchupo_O

Read this thread, you'll find plenty of cases.

Or he won't get better just like he hasn't been getting better since he was drafted. Your making this call off of what?

Remember how good Jason Cloke was early days!

Good summation!

No match up what a croc. As it stands if we continue with our current structure there's no spot for him with both Brown and Reid fit.

He can't kick or handball good enough to be a regular player. But his biggest problem is he panics to much. Presti wasn't the greatest kick and didn't offer a lot of rebound but he never panicked when he got the ball. He handballed it off to a better kick get when he could. Frost seems to keep the ball when he should give it off to someone else.

The problem has always been that he and Brown are too similar with neither having sufficient creativity....you can live with one blanket key defender but not two. Has great closing speed and is a pretty good defender but with Reid back, he is second in line as the blanket defender for teh time being.

I'd still like to see Reid forward at some point in time , so that may offer Frost more chances later in the year. I also think we could play all three of them back at times. Last week we played all three yet Langdon ended up spending time on Riewoldt...go figure!!

Or, short answer......depth option.

I'd have kept him in the side over Langdon.
Langdon is out of form (or not 100%) but, considering where our list is at, to drop him for Goldsack would be a backward step. Our back six is still young and quiet vulnerable however they're not going to get better as a unit unless they play more senior football together. Goldsack's problem has always been that he doesn't have clean hands. It is close to the fundamental skill in that it doesn't matter how good kick/tall/strong/fast etc you are, if you fumble the pill you're not good enough for AFL.

I've been pretty harsh on Frost for a fair while now. For me his effort is exemplary, the issue is his poor skill level and lack of footy nous.

Someone in here said that with ball in hand, Frost is close to the worst skilled player in the comp and I reckon that's probably pretty close to true. He is definitely the worst in our team.

Last edited:
Today teams typically have a lot more effective paths to goal than just Presti's man.

We're now in an era when players like Eddie Betts and Chad Winguard and Alex Fasolo can and do kick bags.
Fasolo has don't it a few times. Betts a lot.

In 1990 Peter Daicos kicked 97 Goals. A decade earlier Leigh Mathews did the same thing. Presti would have played in the 2010 premiership if he didn't get injured and we routinely had 11 goal kickers per game.

Put a Presti into the 2011 side on Hawkins and we win the flag. Put him in his prime into our side now and we would be a much better side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant by Frost.

Was unfairly dropped in the first place imo, blanketed Daniher when he played on him and his kicking was actually pretty bloody good.

He played alright but really Daniher got shit delivery. Shouldn't have been brought back.

He really really really needs to go.

One of the least skilled players in the entire AFL, every time he gets the ball something horrible happens... can't even hit the target with a 5m handpass.

Can we PLEASE recruit some decent KPD???

Frost's closing speed and spoiling along with his tackling are important right now. Yes he fumbles and his disposal is average but we need an effective 'see-ball-punch-ball' type at the moment.

Frost's closing speed and spoiling along with his tackling are important right now. Yes he fumbles and his disposal is average but we need an effective 'see-ball-punch-ball' type at the moment.

Disposal is average?

Average for the VFL development league maybe.

We have far too many "see ball punch ball" defenders with ZERO AFL skill.

Frost is one of the worst AFL footballers I've ever seen. Did anyone see Wellinghams goal in 1st Quarter, he was in the square but ran away from where the ball was going lol

Jack's biggest problem at the moment t is he's relying too much on his closing speed so he's giving players an extra meter or two when he should be body to body.

Watch him when he's close enough to the player, rarely beaten in the air, but when he gives the player room he loses far too often.

Sent from my HUAWEI RIO-L02 using Tapatalk

it is almost bizarre that as soon as he gets the pill he freezes :))) . its like his top half isn't attached to the bottom half and he goes from a good mover to baby giraffe in 0.10 of second.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Frost (Traded to Lions 2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back