Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 156 70.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon isn't relevant here
Or Anywhere

Please don't derail the thread
it's a relevant comment to make because what you said is laughably embarrassing.

1) all of these ex hawk greats had dummy spits over this
2) the captain had a meltdown over a dumb remark
3) the coach had a pathetic sook about it in his press conference.

none of those are "great mentors" for someone who'll continue to do stupid shit. that's life.

it's a relevant comment to make because what you said is laughably embarrassing.

1) all of these ex hawk greats had dummy spits over this
2) the captain had a meltdown over a dumb remark
3) the coach had a pathetic sook about it in his press conference.

none of those are "great mentors" for someone who'll continue to do stupid shit. that's life.
The supporters of a team currently being investigated for letting known criminals into their rooms should leave this convo

Jack will learn from this and move on

As would any normal person who had a clue

This will be my last response to you

The supporters of a team currently being investigated for letting known criminals into their rooms should leave this convo

Jack will learn from this and move on

As would any normal person who had a clue

This will be my last response to you
nice melt

Hawks didn’t get a ‘please explain’ from AFL. So you need to load a few more groups in your (except)

It’s said AFL partly imposed the fine because the port heirarchy wasn’t convincingly apologetic
AFL are a strange institution. Next time someone goes up to the MRO for retaliating, I wonder if they'll follow this example and apply the "He started it" principal when issuing their consequence.

But the reality is fines aren't for what you do - they're for it becoming a media story. Eg. You don't get fined if you get caught doing drugs they've got a non-fine protocl around that - but you do get fined if there's a negative media story or photo of you doing drugs. And the media making this a negative story were Hawks making it a negative story about Kenny - not Sicily. They ignored the over the top retaliation.

Last edited:
AFL are a strange institution. Next time someone goes up to the MRO for retaliating, I wonder if they'll follow this example and apply the "He started it" principal when issuing their consequence.

But the reality is fines aren't for what you do - they're for it becoming a media story. Eg. You don't get fined if you get caught doing drugs they've got a non-fine protocl around that - but you do get fined if there's a negative media story or photo of you doing drugs. And the media making this a negative story were Hawks making it a negative story about Kenny - not Sic.

And you are dissing hawks fans for going whattabout. Ken was a dick. I’d preferred if Sicily responded in a cooler manner reminding him he is senior coach. But the story starts and ends with him.

And you are dissing hawks fans for going whattabout. Ken was a dick. I’d preferred if Sicily responded in a cooler manner reminding him he is senior coach. But the story starts and ends with him.

Whattaboutism is diverting to protect someone or an idea. I'm not saying Kenny wasn't a dick - a funny dick but a dick nonetheless. It's Hawks whattabouting - back to Kenny and only Kenny whenever Sicily's part in it is brought up.

The bolded is perfect. And it's all the Hawks should have said regarding Sic- rather than running with pride. Who gives a shit if he got really emotional and found an outlet that was ultimately harmless after a gutting loss, but it's not a thing to be proud of, or to be encouraging - if we're going with "bad look" and think of the kids who will copy - which seems to be the angle with Kenny - don't encourage Sicily's response.

Last edited:
I’m reminded of how the great Michael Tuck admonished the AFL after the 1991 gf presentation But it was his 18th year.
Around 1-12

Mind you I think the club did get a rap on th knuckles for putting a loaf of tip top bead in the cup (brereton)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back