Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Has your opinion of Jack Ginnivan changed over the past 2 years?

• Yes

Votes: 66 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 156 70.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon isn't relevant here
Or Anywhere

Please don't derail the thread
it's a relevant comment to make because what you said is laughably embarrassing.

1) all of these ex hawk greats had dummy spits over this
2) the captain had a meltdown over a dumb remark
3) the coach had a pathetic sook about it in his press conference.

none of those are "great mentors" for someone who'll continue to do stupid shit. that's life.

it's a relevant comment to make because what you said is laughably embarrassing.

1) all of these ex hawk greats had dummy spits over this
2) the captain had a meltdown over a dumb remark
3) the coach had a pathetic sook about it in his press conference.

none of those are "great mentors" for someone who'll continue to do stupid shit. that's life.
The supporters of a team currently being investigated for letting known criminals into their rooms should leave this convo

Jack will learn from this and move on

As would any normal person who had a clue

This will be my last response to you

The supporters of a team currently being investigated for letting known criminals into their rooms should leave this convo

Jack will learn from this and move on

As would any normal person who had a clue

This will be my last response to you
nice melt

Hawks didn’t get a ‘please explain’ from AFL. So you need to load a few more groups in your (except)

It’s said AFL partly imposed the fine because the port heirarchy wasn’t convincingly apologetic
AFL are a strange institution. Next time someone goes up to the MRO for retaliating, I wonder if they'll follow this example and apply the "He started it" principal when issuing their consequence.

But the reality is fines aren't for what you do - they're for it becoming a media story. Eg. You don't get fined if you get caught doing drugs they've got a non-fine protocl around that - but you do get fined if there's a negative media story or photo of you doing drugs. And the media making this a negative story were Hawks making it a negative story about Kenny - not Sicily. They ignored the over the top retaliation.

Last edited:
AFL are a strange institution. Next time someone goes up to the MRO for retaliating, I wonder if they'll follow this example and apply the "He started it" principal when issuing their consequence.

But the reality is fines aren't for what you do - they're for it becoming a media story. Eg. You don't get fined if you get caught doing drugs they've got a non-fine protocl around that - but you do get fined if there's a negative media story or photo of you doing drugs. And the media making this a negative story were Hawks making it a negative story about Kenny - not Sic.

And you are dissing hawks fans for going whattabout. Ken was a dick. I’d preferred if Sicily responded in a cooler manner reminding him he is senior coach. But the story starts and ends with him.

And you are dissing hawks fans for going whattabout. Ken was a dick. I’d preferred if Sicily responded in a cooler manner reminding him he is senior coach. But the story starts and ends with him.

Whattaboutism is diverting to protect someone or an idea. I'm not saying Kenny wasn't a dick - a funny dick but a dick nonetheless. It's Hawks whattabouting - back to Kenny and only Kenny whenever Sicily's part in it is brought up.

The bolded is perfect. And it's all the Hawks should have said regarding Sic- rather than running with pride. Who gives a shit if he got really emotional and found an outlet that was ultimately harmless after a gutting loss, but it's not a thing to be proud of, or to be encouraging - if we're going with "bad look" and think of the kids who will copy - which seems to be the angle with Kenny - don't encourage Sicily's response.

Last edited:
I’m reminded of how the great Michael Tuck admonished the AFL after the 1991 gf presentation But it was his 18th year.
Around 1-12

Mind you I think the club did get a rap on th knuckles for putting a loaf of tip top bread in the cup (brereton)

Last edited:
Was Ginni's tweet inside or outside that line?
He made a comment on a mates insta, for starters.

Not one mention of Ken or Port.

Ken though directly called Ginnivan a “cheeky little ****head” multiple times after the siren.

I know which is worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawks didn’t get a ‘please explain’ from AFL. So you need to load a few more groups in your (except)

It’s said AFL partly imposed the fine because the port heirarchy wasn’t convincingly apologetic
It's also said Sicily is a crybaby.

I find persuasive the argument that fine reflects the AFL over reacting to McCartneys actual physical contact with a player.

The AFL Isn't exactly the gold standard for ethical consistent rulings. It's nice they are in the right hemisphere as far as Ken's slap goes.

They missed Sicilys embarrassing protracted ill humoured outburst.

I guess Hawks are happy that a hulking fit young man can hurl abuse in the face of an older person from a poorer community? 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack Ginnivan - Redemption arc

Back