Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

What exactly is the issue with him having a glass of wine?
No issue. It’s the posting of it on a social media platform, from someone who is already in the spotlight. Drink ten glasses if that’s your thing, just like Van Der Haar used to the night before a game (actually I think he was a beer man) , but play like him too then. Are you familiar with the concept of flying under a radar?

No issue. It’s the posting of it on a social media platform, from someone who is already in the spotlight. Drink ten glasses if that’s your thing, just like Van Der Haar used to the night before a game (actually I think he was a beer man) , but play like him too then. Are you familiar with the concept of flying under a radar?
Are you familiar with making a mountain out of a molehill?

i was watching melb bris last night and it reinforced something that i've been thinking for a long time. Brisbane made a mistake by appointing Zorko as captain. If I was going to boo someone I would put him on the list, along with Fritsch who I just find annoying. I might be biased as a pie supporter but anything ginnivan does, pales into insignificance with the constant fighting by zorko. I think umpires should just take the ball off him. I dont know if that will teach him a lesson but I think opposition players have a right to tackle him. I wasnt surprrised to hear that he used personal stuff to abuse a melbourne player. If they want to turn around their gutless performances, brisbane could well think of changing to another captain although the team seems to be lacking in that area. In the end, it's hard to make any sense out of why fans boo certain players and let others go scot free.

i was watching melb bris last night and it reinforced something that i've been thinking for a long time. Brisbane made a mistake by appointing Zorko as captain. If I was going to boo someone I would put him on the list, along with Fritsch who I just find annoying. I might be biased as a pie supporter but anything ginnivan does, pales into insignificance with the constant fighting by zorko. I think umpires should just take the ball off him. I dont know if that will teach him a lesson but I think opposition players have a right to tackle him. I wasnt surprrised to hear that he used personal stuff to abuse a melbourne player. If they want to turn around their gutless performances, brisbane could well think of changing to another captain although the team seems to be lacking in that area. In the end, it's hard to make any sense out of why fans boo certain players and let others go scot free.
Talking about getting off scot-free, I’ll be booing Cripps tomorrow, I know that much.

Dear Jack, I’m not totally sold on your ability and growing reputation at the moment

You’ve shown glimpses on brilliance but too far and few with all the focus on you the person and not the football ability

Tomorrow is the day you morph into the star that has you at potential right now and we send those filthy, cheating over rated, overpaid FKS back to oblivion

PS: give the Blues crowd some sugar after you 5th goal!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dear Jack, I’m not totally sold on your ability and growing reputation at the moment

You’ve shown glimpses on brilliance but too far and few with all the focus on you the person and not the football ability

Tomorrow is the day you morph into the star that has you at potential right now and we send those filthy, cheating over rated, overpaid FKS back to oblivion

PS: give the Blues crowd some sugar after you 5th goal!

Thought the Anzac Day medal was his morphing into a star. Has kicked more goals than Rankine, for example

One standout game. Come on you’re better than that? Surely you’re not happy to come to the conclusion that he is a star because of that.

One standout game, except for the fact that he's our second leading goal kicker as a 19 year-old.

You were the one who led with him morphing into a star by kicking 5 against the Blues. One standout game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i dont engage in the ginnivan watch much but I thought he was running the line that he didnt care what people said about him....

and then he gave that interview and he said something about it affecting him and I thought that was out of left field.

And then there's the coach's ongoing comments about needing to take care of him etc - which does nothing but stirs up everyone who wants to boo him. Telling football supporters that someone is hurting will only do one thing....and that one thing is never going to involve stopping what they're doing.

I understand the kid is only 19 and he probably doesnt know what he's getting himself into by sparking a lot of this hype... and he probably loves a lot of it and who knows how he is really responding to the negative aspects.

but if he says that he doesnt want my sympathy, i'm happy not to give it to him....but for godsake dont start asking for sympathy now.

i dont engage in the ginnivan watch much but I thought he was running the line that he didnt care what people said about him....

and then he gave that interview and he said something about it affecting him and I thought that was out of left field.

And then there's the coach's ongoing comments about needing to take care of him etc - which does nothing but stirs up everyone who wants to boo him. Telling football supporters that someone is hurting will only do one thing....and that one thing is never going to involve stopping what they're doing.

I understand the kid is only 19 and he probably doesnt know what he's getting himself into by sparking a lot of this hype... and he probably loves a lot of it and who knows how he is really responding to the negative aspects.

but if he says that he doesnt want my sympathy, i'm happy not to give it to him....but for godsake dont start asking for sympathy now.
When did he ask for sympathy?

When did he ask for sympathy?

he didnt but why talk about it? empathy might be a better word. And i'll admit that its the coach leading the charge on this....but when i heard that sarah thingy interview post match and the reaction that it got, I wondered why he bothered to change his basic line that he didnt care about the noise around him

he didnt but why talk about it? empathy might be a better word. And i'll admit that its the coach leading the charge on this....but when i heard that sarah thingy interview post match and the reaction that it got, I wondered why he bothered to change his basic line that he didnt care about the noise around him
If the boos and comments are getting to him, showing his vulnerability to the football world is probably going to hinder rather than help. He needs to let his football do the talking now.

I wish he was like every other player in the competition and not put anything on insta that might be in the slightest bit controversial
I'd like an AFL player to take it to the next level. For example, when a boundary rider approaches them after a win they could snatch the microphone out of their hand, demand an extreme close up and deliver a WWE style rant about how great they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back