Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rubbish. A goal kicked on the non preferred foot under pressure from 45m out is a great goal during any era.
And the routine non pressured style he kicked the ball with belies the difficulty. Few players ever make that kick that easily

Seriously, is that it? I was half expecting a full frontal while only wearing white socks.

Yep, nothing to see here.

giphy.gif

A 19 year old kid who has already made mention that his mental health isn’t the best at the moment will probably get trolled on social media for the foreseeable due to this photo, is not an issue?
Did he really though? He got asked a leading question by Sarah Jones in the middles of the MCG. No criticism of her but it was a lead in for him to say something about how he was coping. He mentioned the mandatory mental health concerns and also said its beautiful, I'm happy, I've got great support etc etc

Ginny strikes me as a resilient kid loving his career. He is a self professed antagonist and annoyer, he plays to the crowd. Against Carlton after kicking a goal he went to the Carlton section of the crowd to give them a bit of whatever. Little hobbyhorse of mine but mental health issues are bandied about too easily these days. I dont think there is enough info out there for any of us to know the state of Jacks mental health

Did he really though? He got asked a leading question by Sarah Jones in the middles of the MCG. No criticism of her but it was a lead in for him to say something about how he was coping. He mentioned the mandatory mental health concerns and also said its beautiful, I'm happy, I've got great support etc etc

Ginny strikes me as a resilient kid loving his career. He is a self professed antagonist and annoyer, he plays to the crowd. Against Carlton after kicking a goal he went to the Carlton section of the crowd to give them a bit of whatever. Little hobbyhorse of mine but mental health issues are bandied about too easily these days. I dont think there is enough info out there for any of us to know the state of Jacks mental health
When I was a driver trainer in my later career in the transport industry mental health issues were starting to be addressed as contractor drivers are expected to work "both peaks" - that is to say starting before 7am and finishing after 6pm.

Hourly rates average in excess of 60 hours per week and depot managers, dispatch and radio operators can quite regularly rack up 80+ hours and in the fortnight leading up to Christmas you worked until you dropped.

Huge pressure from all sides is the norm - much the same applies to Australian rules football.

Mental health is a sneaky killer that creeps up on it's victim and kills from afar with medical professionals blaming heart, alcohol, drugs etc., but it's mental health and unrelieved stress that are the true cause.

Some people shrug off stress and mental pressure because it's in their nature - I'm one of these lucky individuals - but most go quietly on with this time bomb ticking away until it explodes - usually completely unexpectedly.

I agree we do over react to the least little indication nowadays . . . .

But the alternative can be absolutely devastating . . . :huh::eek::eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When I was a driver trainer in my later career in the transport industry mental health issues were starting to be addressed as contractor drivers are expected to work "both peaks" - that is to say starting before 7am and finishing after 6pm.

Hourly rates average in excess of 60 hours per week and depot managers, dispatch and radio operators can quite regularly rack up 80+ hours and in the fortnight leading up to Christmas you worked until you dropped.

Huge pressure from all sides is the norm - much the same applies to Australian rules football.

Mental health is a sneaky killer that creeps up on it's victim and kills from afar with medical professionals blaming heart, alcohol, drugs etc., but it's mental health and unrelieved stress that are the true cause.

Some people shrug off stress and mental pressure because it's in their nature - I'm one of these lucky individuals - but most go quietly on with this time bomb ticking away until it explodes - usually completely unexpectedly.

I agree we do over react to the least little indication nowadays . . . .

But the alternative can be absolutely devastating . . . :huh::eek::eek:
I assume you just put your mental health issues on ignore?

I can see how being stuck on the South Eastern with 50,000 other cars is pretty similar to playing in front of 50,000.

Edit: the traffic and speed cameras make it just like being on TV.

Last edited:
I find the stigma around mental health as compared to physical health surprising. Maybe it is a language thing. "I had a bit of a cold on Tuesday, felt like poo but a couple of panadols & an early night did the trick." Now that seems pretty normal. "I had a downer on Tuesday, felt the world was hating on me. Caught up with a couple of friends, had a bit of a cry on their shoulder & downed a couple of reds: that did the trick".

We don't say the latter that much, only come close by using the term 'mental health'. This doesn't work for some who equate mental health with full breakdowns, clinical depression, sedation & hospilisation.

GC, you have no idea about job stress. Delivery drivers have been around since the wheel was invented. The vast majority of babies across the world are still today born without an "obstetrician" in attendance. You in your little make believe job would have no idea about the real world.

Couldn't agree more with the bolded bit. Practically anyone can and does claim to have a mental health issue, making it an expression to avoid if seeking sympathy for a genuine personal issue or concern. Only the word 'wellness' irks me as much as the expression 'mental health issue'.

As for Jack, if you're going to dish it out, you have to learn to take it. I suppose the publicity he will now attract for the photo (the story is also behind 'The Australian' paywall) will add to his issues, for which he will have no one to blame but himself. As you say, he seems resilient enough to be able to avoid playing the sympathy card if his actions leave him feeling he may have slightly overplayed his hand.

I'd be more worried about the pics where he keeps forgetting to wipe his top lip after yet another "Filthy Sanchez".

b86e08fb991368ff8a23420904aed811

Absolutely nothing. Without "What you grabbing Ginni?" which i'm assuming isn't added by him, it's a bloke with his hand in his pocket and his tongue sticking out. I'm probably out of date, but I don't see anything sexual - Unless I'm reading it wrongly, I doubt it'd even be flagged as an inappropriate image in high school, and if it was flagged it'd probably be for the comment.

Poor Ginni is being sexually harrassed with suggestions of masturbation. I'm gripping my pearls tightly.
yeah dont think its in his pocket! its gross but harmless, he will cop a ribbing, but hopefully he learns a really big lesson from theis very small mole hill! and i mean mole! who needs friends like that!

yeah dont think its in his pocket! its gross but harmless, he will cop a ribbing, but hopefully he learns a really big lesson from theis very small mole hill! and i mean mole! who needs friends like that!
Probably right. I can't really work out the photo.

‘Moll’ FFS!

Standards, please

Edit: Tuesday hugs

Last edited:
Probably right. I can't really work out the photo or why anyone would give a rats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to Hawks 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back