Player Watch Jack Gunston!

Remove this Banner Ad

I apologise for doubting you could get back jack. You are a 🌟
It's okay I am sure many of us had our doubts about Gunners being able to come back.

No doubts about his talent or professionalism (they are undeniable) but back injuries are notoriously difficult to recover from.

Yesterday showed that as long as he can stay healthy Jack is still one of the most gifted and smartest footballers in the league 😃

Moved a lot better than I was expecting given the back surgery.

He really has dropped off being an elite set shot he was a few years ago though.
Mate he has hardly played for two years. A bit rusty fair to say but nothing that a bit of practice won't cure

It's prior to Sunday also.

in 2020 31.21
in 2019 26.21

2014 for eg 58.27

those are overall goals/behinds though right? would be interesting to compare that to his set shot accuracy as you'd imagine our gameplan gave him worse looks in 19-20 as well as the fact he was the focal point for scramble kicks forward as opposed to leading into the space created by roughy and buddy

those are overall goals/behinds though right? would be interesting to compare that to his set shot accuracy as you'd imagine our gameplan gave him worse looks in 19-20 as well as the fact he was the focal point for scramble kicks forward as opposed to leading into the space created by roughy and buddy

They're some valid points, yes it would be interesting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haha Damian Barrett waxing about Josh Kennedy's last game being the best final game of any player, certainly for a forward. Fred Fanning kicked 18 goals in his last game. Maybe do a little research first Damian.

17 goals in the last five games and showing no signs of slowing down. No back issues, no nothing. A full season, more inside 50s, a better midfield and he probably wins the Hawthorn leading goal kicking award this year. I don’t see why he wouldn’t be able get another 2 years in.

It’s paramount to keep him on the list for next year. Pay him whatever he wants. When the times comes, hopefully Serong is ready to take over. Gunston is needed now more than ever.

Jack Gunston is one of my all-time favourites, but I really thought the lower-back injury would end his career and we wouldn't see this kind of form from him again! I hope he can stay in good health bc he could play for another 3-4 seasons.

Jack Gunston is one of my all-time favourites, but I really thought the lower-back injury would end his career and we wouldn't see this kind of form from him again! I hope he can stay in good health bc he could play for another 3-4 seasons.

Give him a really good two year contract for 2 years with a trigger for a third. Must do whatever we can to keep him. Clubs like the scum, Brisbane and Collingwood will come hard for him

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Jack Gunston!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back