Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to be kidding, Some yokel on the Marlion Pickett page said he would be happy to let him go for 50-60 pick but a guy who didn't play in the finals and Tiger fans are demanding top dollar. You guys need to be more consistent.

I wouldn't let Pickett go that cheap. Does a lot off the ball IMO. But he's also much older.

Higgins is a high draft pick, very young, lots of upside.

Well, you're going to have to find something a lot more valuable than next years 2nd.
Would not surprise me if a deal for Higgins gets done very late in trade week after St kilda does some dealing.

I would assume that St Kilda will try and get a pick in the 20s to give to Richmond.

You'd have to consider next years St Kilda 2nd to be a late 2nd, and a year away (which drops it's value further).

So even by your assessment of his value, you need to do better. (and I value him higher than that)
You may value him higher but he's a small forward currently not in your best 22.

I get he's contracted but it doesn't seem like Richmond are putting up a fight to keep him.

Ideally you'd want a mid 2nd rounder rather than a late but that is as close as we have so it might just be later pick swaps to even it out.

Would not surprise me if a deal for Higgins gets done very late in trade week after St kilda does some dealing.

I would assume that St Kilda will try and get a pick in the 20s to give to Richmond.
If you guys get Higgins, how about trading out Gresham? Seems no longer required then... hahah

Little bit sad now that it's announced. Love the guy and wish him well. Unfortunate that the brain setback stalled his career as I reckon he'd have been pretty established by now in the side.

I have no idea what we will trade him for. You'd think we'd have something reasonable coming back given there was no desperate need to offload him, sounds like we were the ones to shop him a bit so you don't go out and shop a player for unders.

On the contrary I'd say if you're shopping him you won't get his true value.

You may value him higher but he's a small forward currently not in your best 22.

I get he's contracted but it doesn't seem like Richmond are putting up a fight to keep him.

Ideally you'd want a mid 2nd rounder rather than a late but that is as close as we have so it might just be later pick swaps to even it out.

Not in the best 22 of 3/4 flags team since he was drafted

If he's no good, why do you want him?

If he is good, then you need to pay a fair price.

He was drafted first round, then had a very good first year (4th in rising star), and since then had brain surgery, and hasn't been up to speed since. Another pre season, and he probably will be...we have him contracted and if you don't offer what we think he will be worth, we'll hold onto him and let him make his way back into our team next year, then see how he's valued.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that "it doesn't seem like Richmond are putting up a fight to keep him".

If he's no good, why do you want him?

If he is good, then you need to pay a fair price.

He was drafted first round, then had a very good first year, and since then had brain surgery, and hasn't been up to speed since. Another pre season, and he probably will be...we have him contracted and if you don't offer what we think he will be worth, we'll hold onto him and let him make his way back into our team next year, then see how he's valued.

I'm not sure where you get the idea that "it doesn't seem like Richmond are putting up a fight to keep him".
No one said he was "no good"

If he goes he we be traded for a fair price no doubt. We just obviously disagree on what a fair price is.

I doubt anyone is giving up a first for a small forward that isn't best 22.

If he goes he we be traded for a fair price no doubt. We just obviously disagree on what a fair price is.

Nobody is suggesting a first as being the final deal.

Just that next years 2nd wasn't good enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has better value on the fringe of our best 22 than on the fringe of another team. He played 10 games this year in the premiership side after minimal football post brain surgery.

Loads of upside. Oodles of talent. Footy smarts. X-factor.

I'm not suggesting Saints should throw away pick 15 (in fact I'm sure they won't), but if I was in Richmond's list management I would be asking for it to be included in a deal as a starting point rather than taking pick 58 or a late 2nd rounder in 2021.

Pick swapping very likely.

On the contrary I'd say if you're shopping him you won't get his true value.
Doesn't really add up though, hes contracted, isn't a salary cap dump as he'd be on little, and didn't expressly ask to leave rather was told he'd be explored. You don't bother doing that for a token pick 45 so there's got to be some greater plan here. Richmond aren't doing this for the sake of it.

Doesn't really add up though, hes contracted, isn't a salary cap dump as he'd be on little, and didn't expressly ask to leave rather was told he'd be explored. You don't bother doing that for a token pick 45 so there's got to be some greater plan here. Richmond aren't doing this for the sake of it.
Been suggested a few times it is a mutual decision.

Barrett suggesting Tigers aren't that happy with a few things off field.

Doubt it's at the point where Richmond let him walk for a token pick but it seems they aren't desperate to keep him and he is looking for more opportunities.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Back