Traded Jack Lukosius - Joins Port Adelaide as part of a 3-way trade with Collingwood and Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant see any side paying a first for Luko with his 1m per year salary for the next 2.... thats way over for a player of his calibre atm. Doesnt seem like will be a powerhouse forward... needs to be a high HFF or on the wing with his elite kick.

Thing I never understood about him hes an elite field kick as he runs on an arch...yet he tries to run in a straight line for set shots... why not run on an arc like buddy did.

I cant see any side paying a first for Luko with his 1m per year salary for the next 2.... thats way over for a player of his calibre atm. Doesnt seem like will be a powerhouse forward... needs to be a high HFF or on the wing with his elite kick.

Thing I never understood about him hes an elite field kick as he runs on an arch...yet he tries to run in a straight line for set shots... why not run on an arc like buddy did.
It's not clubs paying him $1M for next 2 years, it's he is owned that amount as GCS didn't fully paid his full contract amount for the first 2 years so the new club or both clubs will need to pay him this and then offer him probably $800K for his new contract.

It's not clubs paying him $1M for next 2 years, it's he is owned that amount as GCS didn't fully paid his full contract amount for the first 2 years so the new club or both clubs will need to pay him this and then offer him probably $800K for his new contract.

Basically, there is nothing stopping him tearing up and renegotiating his contract however he and his future club (Gold Coast or other) see fit.

But given the current circumstances it’s highly unlikely that he does this to stay where he is.

He has not informed the club that he wants to leave yet.
That's not to say he won't leave, just that he isn't rushing to any decision, and I'm saying it would not surprise me if he stayed.
Put it this way, if he hadn't of got the Dimma treatment, he would have had no interest in leaving. This has been all GCs push.
Maybe he is waiting for the team he wishes to join to complete it's season 👌

Be interesting to see where he ends up, as it was mentioned today that he is not necessarily hell bent on getting back to SA. I thats the case it would bring all the Vic clubs into play with the salary cap room.

Be interesting to see where he ends up, as it was mentioned today that he is not necessarily hell bent on getting back to SA. I thats the case it would bring all the Vic clubs into play with the salary cap room.
It is definitely SA or staying at the Suns, take that to the bank

It would have to be a lucrative offer but it's not out of the question. More likely he stays though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also his next 2 years is $1.9M, now that's what I would deem as "significant" ;)
I'm sure a team can stretch some of that over 4-6 years. Maybe Gold coast can re-write his contract too. Not the first time a team has done so. It's not like Pies and Treloar where he already took unders in his previous contract.

Better than Jack Watts not as good as Jack Gunston

I'm sure a team can stretch some of that over 4-6 years. Maybe Gold coast can re-write his contract too. Not the first time a team has done so. It's not like Pies and Treloar where he already took unders in his previous contract.
Yeah the HS article mentioned he could take a pay cut to stay at the suns in exchange for another year for security as an option.
So he's got a decision to make.

The latest Herald Sun article makes it sound like he’s keen to stay. Then again the media love to cover their bases
It's not like this came from nowhere, it's been consistently reported.

Adelaide Crows show interest in Gold Coast forward Malcolm Rosas as Jack Lukosius trade gains momentum [Aug. 29]:
Adelaide is extremely keen on luring him to the Crows but Lukosius is still happy to stay at the Gold Coast so will need to be convinced of why he should move on.
Moneyball: [June 27]
The Suns expect Adelaide to again come hard to key position forward Jack Lukosius, who is on a lucrative contract to 2026 but is keen to remain on the coast.
Jack Lukosius declares intention to stay at Gold Coast after five-goal haul [May 17]

Either pick will probably be before the lombard bid so it wouldn't make any sense.. plus i think the top 10 is meant to be pretty even this year.
The only sense it makes if they want to trade up for a crack at a player like Draper/Lalor or to use 4 and some other picks to get 2 for O'Sullivan.

Adding on to that I doubt North will give up 2 unless it's for pick 3/4 Where they can take 1 of Reid/Smillie before Demons choose and not without a fair incentive to do so say another first round pick.

Yeah the HS article mentioned he could take a pay cut to stay at the suns in exchange for another year for security as an option.
So he's got a decision to make.
What an interesting twist of events. He must genuinely be torn because if he was truly keen to leave then a trade request would have already been reported after his exit interview. I get the feeling Dimma would ideally like to keep him, but knows his output isn't where it needs to be to justify that kind of salary cap commitment. A pay cut could very well change Dimma's mind, though.

Also his next 2 years is $1.9M, now that's what I would deem as "significant" ;)
$1.75m over the next two years is what I read. Smooth it over three years and you're looking at around $580k per year for a 24 year old who should theoretically be entering his prime years over the duration of that contract. That's a pretty good outcome for the Suns. Even if it's a bit more around the $600k a year mark then that's still a fairly good outcome considering his potential.

Regardless of whether he stays or leaves, his contract is going to be extended beyond two years to smooth the salary over a longer period. So he's taking a pay cut no matter what. It's just whether he wants a pay cut on the Gold Coast or elsewhere.

What an interesting twist of events. He must genuinely be torn because if he was truly keen to leave then a trade request would have already been reported after his exit interview. I get the feeling Dimma would ideally like to keep him, but knows his output isn't where it needs to be to justify that kind of salary cap commitment. A pay cut could very well change Dimma's mind, though.

$1.75m over the next two years is what I read. Smooth it over three years and you're looking at around $580k per year for a 24 year old who should theoretically be entering his prime years over the duration of that contract. That's a pretty good outcome for the Suns. Even if it's a bit more around the $600k a year mark then that's still a fairly good outcome considering his potential.

Regardless of whether he stays or leaves, his contract is going to be extended beyond two years to smooth the salary over a longer period. So he's taking a pay cut no matter what. It's just whether he wants a pay cut on the Gold Coast or elsewhere.

Sorry the way you explain that it indicates he is playing an extra year for nothing?

$1.75m smoothed over 3 @ $580k?
He might not be getting the $875k for the third year but let’s say he takes a cut down to $600k

So $2.35m over 3 years still puts him @$785k for the span, not $580k

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded Jack Lukosius - Joins Port Adelaide as part of a 3-way trade with Collingwood and Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Back