Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Jack is not a tall forward I think. I think he should be trialed in the midfield. He has Will Day like vibes. That said his elite kicking, height, and mobility means his value will always be high. Maybe not pick 4 worth or pick 7. The 10-15 value range.

That's way to much.

2x 2nds maybe a pick around 15 about right, he hasn't done anything to be worth an early 1st rounder especially not 2x 1st.
i dont think brisbanes firsts will really be anything to write home about either this year or next.

and i think hes shown plenty. 39 goals + 15 goal assists last year. extremely talented and plenty to work with, got to pay a premium to get a player if theyre under contract as well.

i get gold coast have often been the joke team to deal with but they should hold the whip hand in any trade for lukosius

Jack is not a tall forward I think. I think he should be trialed in the midfield. He has Will Day like vibes. That said his elite kicking, height, and mobility means his value will always be high. Maybe not pick 4 worth or pick 7. The 10-15 value range.
Will Day is really tough and his defensive side is also really strong that's why he can go as an inside mid, not to sure they are at the same level there. But I get what you're saying imagine having him distributing the ball inside 50 and using his smarts. The Jack Gunston role from 2015/16/17/18 is what I imagine, playing between the arcs across both flanks and the wings and using his smarts to push forward at the right time.

Pick in the 20s Montagna reckons. Seems unders to me.
He is probably taking into account that Hardwick wants him traded while at the same time a salary dump so why isn't a 1st rounder pick involved like they did with Bowes only a few years ago? Pick 6 is too high for Rioli so why not trade this to Fremantle for their 2 lower 1st rounders and then give one for Rioli and then other as part of the Lukosious traded with a 2nd rounder going back to them to use as bid points.

Imagine offering a top 10 pick for Harrison Petty and thinking Lukosius is worth a pick in the late 20s…

He is probably taking into account that Hardwick wants him traded while at the same time a salary dump so why isn't a 1st rounder pick involved like they did with Bowes only a few years ago? Pick 6 is too high for Rioli so why not trade this to Fremantle for their 2 lower 1st rounders and then give one for Rioli and then other as part of the Lukosious traded with a 2nd rounder going back to them to use as bid points.
They have dogs pick too and Rioli will always be coming with picks to satisfy a bid I believe. Like Dogs first & 48 for Rioli 39 41.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been multiple Crows supporters who have mentioned this and reportedly he has only met with Nicks and Burgess this week and then was dropped tonight. So it looks like Hardwick wants him gone and if he only want to be traded to the Crows then it will be for a 2nd rounder.
I just doubt that Crows will be the only interested party here. He's too good a player for a throwaway

Yeah agree

If GC want more you’d think we’d be happy to walk away, he’s far from some must get (not to downplay him though, he’s still got talent)
There's also the Compo from Himmelberg which will likely be an end of 2nd which they Adelaide could also use with their 2nd round pick.

I don't know that you really will. Jeremy Cameron came out after the trade to the Cats and said he'd never considered anywhere else. Do you think that's true? He kind of has to say that. Lukosius will too
He is a life long Crows fan. His family are as well.
His family is in Adelaide.
Hs good mate Izak did the same thing and will be in his ear.
Adelaide has kept in touch with him since he was drafted and has tried to get him before.
But sure, he's going to North or Geelong.

Cameron has nothing to do with this, as he was a country guy who wouldn't be going home regardless of where he moved to.

He is a life long Crows fan. His family are as well.
His family is in Adelaide.
Hs good mate Izak did the same thing and will be in his ear.
Adelaide has kept in touch with him since he was drafted and has tried to get him before.
But sure, he's going to North or Geelong.

Cameron has nothing to do with this, as he was a country guy who wouldn't be going home regardless of where he moved to.
The only question mark is Rozee is a very close mate of Jack's. Would have been in his ear as well.

As someone who watches the suns every week. There’s a reason he’s being dropped and shopped. Can’t mark, can’t tackle. Doesn’t apply pressure. Doesn’t work hard. Far too often gets lost. Is an elite kick. But not an elite set shot. Gets most of his goals running out the back. I’m tanking his value here. But if we get anything close to a late first we’ve robbed someone

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As someone who watches the suns every week. There’s a reason he’s being dropped and shopped. Can’t mark, can’t tackle. Doesn’t apply pressure. Doesn’t work hard. Far too often gets lost. Is an elite kick. But not an elite set shot. Gets most of his goals running out the back. I’m tanking his value here. But if we get anything close to a late first we’ve robbed someone

Would you agree his best spot is off half back?

Would you agree his best spot is off half back?

If he can be the loose man and just be the distributor, absolutely. But if his job is to defend and find his own ball, he’ll struggle.

Obviously this is just from what I’ve seen over his career both on tv and at live games. But I feel the sentiment is similar to a lot of other members. He’s just a frustrating talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Jack Lukosius [RFA 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back